shape
carat
color
clarity

Traveling from Yuma on it''s way to me-Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
OH YEAH!!! I do love it! Another pic of it is nooooo problem!!! Always welcome to post it in my threads - teeeheeee
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!! I posted a link to that setting as an ETA to my prior post.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
This photo of the oval tourmaline is better than the photo on the website. It''ll make a really nice statement ring! Btw I also like the cushion tourmaline.

Also thank you for the Etsy seller tip, it''s much appreciated.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 9:48:27 PM
Author: Lovinggems
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
This photo of the oval tourmaline is better than the photo on the website. It''ll make a really nice statement ring! Btw I also like the cushion tourmaline.

Also thank you for the Etsy seller tip, it''s much appreciated.
I am so glad he sent me a second photo. I really would like to have that cushion as well, but sense prevailed. I hope someone gets it so we can see lovely photos.

And you''re welcome on Pal. I hope he can make something for you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2 stones are beautiful - I think you will love the oval more than this one.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 10:29:26 PM
Author: Chrono
The 2 stones are beautiful - I think you will love the oval more than this one.
Me too! Thanks!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
One more day (hopefully
11.gif
) till the donkey brings my peachy pink tourmaline!!! Too bad I had to send back the garnet.
8.gif
But the big ol'' pink is comin'' my way!
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 6:10:00 PM
Author: cinnamon013
One more day (hopefully
11.gif
) till the donkey brings my peachy pink tourmaline!!! Too bad I had to send back the garnet.
8.gif
But the big ol' pink is comin' my way!
9.gif
Can't wait to see it, cinnamon! When did he mail yours? Donkey's bringing something for me too, but I'm not really expecting it before Friday. So in the meantime, I will very much enjoy seeing your tourmaline!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 7:34:36 PM
Author: cellentani

One more day (hopefully
11.gif
8.gif
9.gif
Can''t wait to see it, cinnamon! When did he mail yours? Donkey''s bringing something for me too, but I''m not really expecting it before Friday. So in the meantime, I will very much enjoy seeing your tourmaline!
He mailed it on Tuesday. WHAT are you getting??? I hope mine comes tomorrow because I am out of town Friday.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I got the 7.9mm rubellite tourmaline, and I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it won''t be too dark.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
One more day (hopefully
11.gif
8.gif
9.gif

Is it here yet?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 9:06:09 PM
I got the 7.9mm rubellite tourmaline, and I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it won''t be too dark.
Can you post a picture of the one you are getting? I bet the rubellite is not as dark as the garnet that started this thread.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:48:07 PM

One more day (hopefully
11.gif
8.gif
But the big ol' pink is comin' my way!
9.gif

Is it here yet?
OH yeah! It is here and it is HUGE. And pink. And very impressive. And perfectly cut. But I am at work and tried to get a few photos of it. Man, either my camera is impossible to work with or I am useless behind it. I couldn't get a picture to show the pink at all. When I took it around the office, it showed a little peach in the elevator and a little peach under the trees in the shade - most remained mostly pink with lots of flashes of color and sparkle. It is nicely saturated with color and is not too dark at all. Like a pastel easter egg in cheery mode. Does that even make sense?

I have to figure out how to get pictures of it and post this weekend. I'm out of town tomorrow and the weekend, so I hope I get some time soon!

Oh, and did I say it is HUGE! Probably will need to be a pendant because I don't think I would wear it as a ring because of its' large size. Not sure yet though.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m so glad you''re happy with it cinnamon! Can''t wait to see your pics!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been playing around with it and realized it is very much the same lavendar in a lot of lights that the Gene stone in my avatar is. If so, and I''m going to make this into a pendant, I might rethink it because I don''t need two pendants of the same color. Hmm..
20.gif
And it just might be too big for a ring.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
That''s interesting, I thought it is a peachy colour like Mochi''s. Really looking forward to seeing some more gemmy photos.
11.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I''m really confused. In the picture from Barry that you posted the stone is PEACH colored. And you are telling us that it is lavender?!

And it is really big from Barry''s mm listings.

Good Luck deciding on this one!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of stone updates...

I am sending back the pink tourmaline. It is lovely and very beautiful. However, it is just too large for me to work with at this time. To answer color questions, it is a gorgeous pink in diffused sunlight, maybe a little on the lavender pink side. I rarely see the peach. I am not sure what lighting Walmart has, but I had it out in there and it was the most awesome pink.

When I opened the chrysoberyl today from Barry, I had already decided to send the pink tourmaline back. However, I immediately fell in love with the chrysoberyl, so it helped me feel a little less guilty about sending the tourm back. I really wish I could collect lots of stones, but I have to watch my budget and only keep what I really love.

I would recommend this stone to anyone looking for a large pink tourmaline. They would likely love it.

Update on on the chrysoberyl on its thread.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update. I''m glad that you ended up with a stone that you really love.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results