shape
carat
color
clarity

Transitional cut diamond?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you share specs? I have seen a few of these kinds of cuts and while the patterns can look nice (bottom in particular) sometimes they can be quite lifeless esp when they are too shallow in pavilion and or crown.

EDIT: bottom also has a fair bit of paddling (huge black blobs at the end of the arrows) that might be over dark. Mine doesn’t do this and it’s the make you might be after.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the link. Prob most people would hate it so I'm just going to post.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I don't think it will perform the way you want it to. There is a lot of obstruction and the crown is shallow and table quite large.

I'm not sure its an antique either if that matters to you. There is no culet and the girdle is faceted.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I don't think it will perform the way you want it to. There is a lot of obstruction and the crown is shallow and table quite large.

I'm not sure its an antique either if that matters to you. There is no culet and the girdle is faceted.

Yeah, I'm not picky about an actual antique. I just want the quilt pattern haha

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I'm not picky about an actual antique. I just want the quilt pattern haha

My Transitional doesn’t have a quilt pattern, but the table is 57% and crown angle is 35.5%, pavilion 41.4%, 65% Lower Half Facet length dimensions. So the one you found here has a much shallower crown and wider table. Do we know the dimensions of a quilt pattern Transitional?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I think mine has kind of a checkerboard pattern but it’s not certified, if I had specs I’d post them to see if they were helpful. Maybe dreamer does?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Transitional doesn’t have a quilt pattern, but the table is 57% and crown angle is 35.5%, pavilion 41.4%, 65% Lower Half Facet length dimensions. So the one you found here has a much shallower crown and wider table. Do we know the dimensions of a quilt pattern Transitional?

Here are example certs from rhino's LG transitional (which I would buy except I want VS fluor).

Screenshot_20240317_112906_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240317_113007_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240317_113017_Chrome.jpg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s an F color too. Wow, so beautiful.

Gilded Lane had a strong blue fluorescent checkerboard Transitional years ago. It was amazing.

I wonder if you could recut one from a natural stone with Southwest or even contract with Rino. Just thinking aloud.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s an F color too. Wow, so beautiful.

Gilded Lane had a strong blue fluorescent checkerboard Transitional years ago. It was amazing.

I wonder if you could recut one from a natural stone with Southwest or even contract with Rino. Just thinking aloud.

Yeah, I've spoken to SW. Hoping they can do it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's an interesting option with similar proportions to the Rhino one

Screenshot_20240317_122741_Chrome.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look for stones with a crown height closer to 15% and a table closer to 50%. You need that to balance the short lower halves. Depth near 60 though sometimes shallower can be ok depending on the angles. If the lower halves are close to 70 you might be able to get away with a larger table but again depth usually needs to be closer to 60 as well. But really it’s just an even pattern of lights and darks distributed nicely across the whole face of the stone. These little videos they use on drop shipper sites are ok for evaluation MRBs but I don’t think it tells us what we need to know about old cuts. A video on the back of the hand or even more pictures from varied angles are more informative, as the light box limits the light play. That’s why I tend to stick with eBay for old cuts personally.

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the perfect pattern. PERFECT! but for no cert I'm not ok with that much money

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No cert or returns but that cut is just Wow!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Lol they keep saying they'll let me return and I can use their message to prove it to ebay.

Pfft, well then. I'll get right on it!:lol:
Seven Hells.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told them it was too $$ for a stone w. 0 cert. They said to make an offer. I reminded them that "make an offer" is disabled for the listing. Tjey then said it's expensive bc it's a good diamond. Ugh.

sounds like a seller you definitely don't want to deal with. what a pity.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told them it was too $$ for a stone w. 0 cert. They said to make an offer. I reminded them that "make an offer" is disabled for the listing. Tjey then said it's expensive bc it's a good diamond. Ugh.

Sounds like the yellow diamond guy I had to deal with!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What's the minimum mm you would consider? I found something super pretty but maybe too small for you.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the minimum mm you would consider? I found something super pretty but maybe too small for you.

Hmmm. I want to see the pattern so maybe 5mm minimum

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Sadly only 4 mm-

IMG_9432.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results