shape
carat
color
clarity

Transitional cut diamond?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This one has what looks like a natural on the edge, which doesn’t bother me but YMMV.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
This one has what looks like a natural on the edge, which doesn’t bother me but YMMV.

They describe it as a chip and say the GIA report calls it a chip. And it looks like a chip to me.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They describe it as a chip and say the GIA report calls it a chip. And it looks like a chip to me.

Buyer beware. I personally look at quality and rarity of cut and price, and don’t care about chips in old stones. Which is why I said YMMV…

just checked listing = no returns. To me this is a dealbreaker unless a return and even possibly price reduction can be negotiated. I would not count on being able to repolish this stone.

Last edited:

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Saw this one and thought of you @lovedogs

This is a great one and authenticity guaranteed, which means that GIA would confirm that it is a true transitional

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This is a great one and authenticity guaranteed, which means that GIA would confirm that it is a true transitional

Actually this company has a site all their own so I would be inclined to reach out to them directly and thus get a better price! They are reputable.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this one and thought of you @lovedogs

Thanks! I'm actually now planning to combine 2 long term searches. Going to have southwest diamond cutters find me a v strong or strong fluor stone (overblue) and then recut it into a transitional w the pattern I want. Otherwise finding 2 rare things in one would be impossible I think

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just curious, would the guarantee go as far as saying it is as described for cut, or just that it is an authentic diamond, weight, etc? I guess I should look that up and see...

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious, would the guarantee go as far as saying it is as described for cut, or just that it is an authentic diamond, weight, etc? I guess I should look that up and see...

@Lookinagain absolutely everything that's in the description and fields. I had a ring being rejected for being listed as 900 platinum but testing at 800 something and another one estimated at VS1 clarity while GIA believed it was SI1. If the seller lists transitional, it must be transitional by GIA rules. If something fails the test, you can email them and they will respond or call and explain their findings.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Lookinagain absolutely everything that's in the description and fields. I had a ring being rejected for being listed as 900 platinum but testing at 800 something and another one estimated at VS1 clarity while GIA believed it was SI1. If the seller lists transitional, it must be transitional by GIA rules. If something fails the test, you can email them and they will respond or call and explain their findings.

Wow. On one hand it's good on the other hand can be a PITA; for example a Victorian piece might contain a mix of 12k 15k 14k and if seller lists as 14k it could be rejected...very interesting.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. On one hand it's good on the other hand can be a PITA; for example a Victorian piece might contain a mix of 12k 15k 14k and if seller lists as 14k it could be rejected...very interesting.

@Mreader , true. However, the seller can list as mix of 12 to 14 and it would pass. They only check whatever the seller lists. It's such a wonderful program for the buyer, I personally love it.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Lookinagain adding that the item goes straight from the seller to the GIA in Carlsbad, then to you if it passes the test.

Thank you for the info. I'm actually surprised the guarantee is so precise, but think it really is to the buyer's benefit. I'm guessing the seller's aren't as thrilled?

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the info. I'm actually surprised the guarantee is so precise, but think it really is to the buyer's benefit. I'm guessing the seller's aren't as thrilled?

@Lookinagain , I listed a chanel bag that automatically goes through authenticity program and it was NBD.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
From gildedlane!
3F4DDF68-FB99-4FD8-9F85-BEE2BA5A46FB.jpeg E530A3D5-58DD-476D-81B8-BA90ECB5B030.jpeg

That’s it…. I confess.

I love transitionals!!!!! Don’t get me wrong, old euros, old mines are beautiful, even a great modern brilliant.
But a transitional…..

It’s like love at first sight. Every.single.time.❤️

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That’s it…. I confess.

I love transitionals!!!!! Don’t get me wrong, old euros, old mines are beautiful, even a great modern brilliant.
But a transitional…..

It’s like love at first sight. Every.single.time.❤️

Yes! The pattern brings peace to my brainhole.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I'm actually now planning to combine 2 long term searches. Going to have southwest diamond cutters find me a v strong or strong fluor stone (overblue) and then recut it into a transitional w the pattern I want. Otherwise finding 2 rare things in one would be impossible I think

This sounds so exciting!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know you are doing a different direction but wanted to share this. This is 5.4mm, F medium blue flour and Transitional, chunky “spade” like facets. Not quite checkerboard. But still might look lovely due to fatter facets.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bottom one best. Is there a video?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so these 2 are candidates for me. Price and size are quite similar. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20240317_085145_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240317_085157_Chrome.jpg

I like the bottom one do you have more pictures and video?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, ill put it on hold and then post

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results