shape
carat
color
clarity

Tourmaline is here !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 5:41:14 PM
Author: katebar
arjunajane oh god I completely overlooked the garnet its stunning!!! I love colour and I am trying to think of of what colour it is. More magnolia than plum. But it is stunning. You have been a busy girl haven''t you.
I want to get a garnet as this is my beloved mothers birth stone but I was not a fan of the darker colour but boy this one is the bomb!
Noosa was the best I have seen it. Perfect weather great shopping and food but way to many of us there spending our summer break tin Australia instead of OS
Hi Kate, yes I have, these CS girls/boys are a bad influence, lol!

I also never knew garnet could be such a gorgeous colour until looking around here. I can''t stand that dark reddish stuff usually seen in stores.
14.gif

I haven''t seen it yet IRL, but I''m hoping it has the "royal raspberry" tone I''m after. Garnet is my fi''s birth stone (b''day yesterday
5.gif
). Mine is ruby but I don''t much care for them - so I thought a garnet in a ruby-ish colour is sentimental enough for me
1.gif

You should go for it - Gene from Precision Gem did this for me, and he has done some other other awesome ones for PS''ers.

I''m glad you enjoyed your hols!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 6:26:49 PM
Author: bling addict
AJ I love your new garnet -- and really like the sound of everything you are considering - can't wait to see how it turns out - sounds like it will be spectacular!
Thanks BA, good to see you !
35.gif

I'm trying to gather opinions - of the two settings above, do you think you prefer the first style with side diamonds, or the second without?

thanks!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 6:40:23 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Wow, it''s beautiful! What are you going to set it in?
Thanks Tuckins! I am going to set the cushion garnet in something similiar to one of the two settings pictured above - I am trying to decide whether the first with side diamonds, or the second without..

As for the mint tourmaline (not sure if that was the one you were asking?), that will likely go in a slim gold stacker ring.
5.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 8:45:31 PM
Author: arjunajane

AJ I love your new garnet -- and really like the sound of everything you are considering - can''t wait to see how it turns out - sounds like it will be spectacular!

35.gif

I''m trying to gather opinions - of the two settings above, do you think you prefer the first style with side diamonds, or the second without?

thanks!

Hi AJ
I prefer the second design (I love
30.gif
30.gif
that design though, I already had it saved on my inspiration pics file) -- I think I prefer it because it seems like it flows a bit better ?? I think that is what I am thinking, I also think your garnet would look amazing in it that style!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 11:42:58 PM

Date: 1/17/2009 8:45:31 PM

AJ I love your new garnet -- and really like the sound of everything you are considering - can''t wait to see how it turns out - sounds like it will be spectacular!

35.gif

I''m trying to gather opinions - of the two settings above, do you think you prefer the first style with side diamonds, or the second without?

thanks!

Hi AJ
I prefer the second design (I love
30.gif
30.gif
that design though, I already had it saved on my inspiration pics file) -- I think I prefer it because it seems like it flows a bit better ?? I think that is what I am thinking, I also think your garnet would look amazing in it that style!
Hey BA,
thankyou for the opinion. I too have had that pic saved on my computer for ages, its awesome.
I think I am leaning toward that one. I would like to have the extra bling of the side diamonds, but I doubt I have the finger real estate to pull it off is all..
5.gif

Of course, mine will look quite different as its being made by a different designer - but I''m hoping equally as pretty!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 12:53:02 AM

I think I am leaning toward that one. I would like to have the extra bling of the side diamonds, but I doubt I have the finger real estate to pull it off is all..
5.gif
I also like the second one more, but wanted to hear you say it first
2.gif
It''s just more simple and the first one seems a bit cluttered with all the design elements. As for the real estate problem, you can set a tiny diamond on the vertical side on each of the leaves (i.e. not visible from above like garnet)?!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 3:03:37 AM
Author: ma re

Date: 1/18/2009 12:53:02 AM

5.gif
I also like the second one more, but wanted to hear you say it first
2.gif
It's just more simple and the first one seems a bit cluttered with all the design elements. As for the real estate problem, you can set a tiny diamond on the vertical side on each of the leaves (i.e. not visible from above like garnet)?!
Ha ha, sounds like we're unanimous then. Thanks ma re for the input.
I really liked your idea of the "dew drops". I will see what the designer has to say on it.
With any luck I should have the garnet later this week, can't wait!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 4:27:42 AM

Ha ha, sounds like we''re unanimous then. Thanks ma re for the input.
I really liked your idea of the ''dew drops''. I will see what the designer has to say on it.
With any luck I should have the garnet later this week, can''t wait!
Me also like that idea very much - me thinks it''s way kewl
9.gif

OK seriously, drop (i.e. diamond) can be set in several ways; one is that it just lays on the leave (flush set, for example), and the other is set in it''s side, so that it resembles a drop hanging on the edge. It''ll be interesting to see if your jeweller will be able to do something like that!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 8:14:04 AM

Date: 1/18/2009 4:27:42 AM

Ha ha, sounds like we''re unanimous then. Thanks ma re for the input.
I really liked your idea of the ''dew drops''. I will see what the designer has to say on it.
With any luck I should have the garnet later this week, can''t wait!
Me also like that idea very much - me thinks it''s way kewl
9.gif

OK seriously, drop (i.e. diamond) can be set in several ways; one is that it just lays on the leave (flush set, for example), and the other is set in it''s side, so that it resembles a drop hanging on the edge. It''ll be interesting to see if your jeweller will be able to do something like that!
I agree, it surely will be interesting to see if it can be done nicely.
I would think the second idea (on the edge), may be a bit fragile/precarious for wear though.?.
40.gif

Have you ever designed your own jewellery and had it created ma re?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 8:46:17 AM

I would think the second idea (on the edge), may be a bit fragile/precarious for wear though.?.
40.gif

Not necessarily. One would have table oriented towards the finger tip, and the other towards your wrist, and those are not frequent points of impact IMO. Besides, they would be relatively small which further minimizes the risk.

And to answer your second question, the answer is no. I have too many ideas and too little funds to pull it off. I swear, sometimes I think this creativity is a curse, cause you never actually get to make something since you''re constantly coming up with new ideas
20.gif
Don''t worry, when I have my first gem piece made (some day...) I''ll be sure to post pics. But I won''t come here for ideas before it happens, cause it''ll never get done
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 9:31:39 AM

Date: 1/18/2009 8:46:17 AM

40.gif

Not necessarily. One would have table oriented towards the finger tip, and the other towards your wrist, and those are not frequent points of impact IMO. Besides, they would be relatively small which further minimizes the risk.

And to answer your second question, the answer is no. I have too many ideas and too little funds to pull it off. I swear, sometimes I think this creativity is a curse, cause you never actually get to make something since you''re constantly coming up with new ideas
20.gif
Don''t worry, when I have my first gem piece made (some day...) I''ll be sure to post pics. But I won''t come here for ideas before it happens, cause it''ll never get done
9.gif
Sounds like a deal
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to update so I could whinge that I haven''t gotten my garnet yet
39.gif

But I was told it would be mailed today, so fingers crossed
5.gif

Also, I have settled on a design, which has elements from the James Meyer bezel ring previous in this thread, plus some from Van Craeynest..I of course need to finalize with the designer that they think it will all work and not look hideous
2.gif
but I''ve drawn a couple pictures and I''m very excited to hopefully see it come to fruition
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ: I can''t wait to see your design. I LOVE both of those designers!!!!!!
30.gif

Linda

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, have to say I love this stone! Love the design ideas too...saw the JM design on the website some time ago after Coati posted hers and it''s in the running as one of the top contenders for my pad. I really like the other ones you posted as well. Great taste, mate!
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Linda W and TGal -
TGal, me too - I've loved that design since I first discovered Meyer. Cheers mate!

Mine will (hopefully), have one leaf on each side of the bezel - than, on the shank where he has his wraps, I was thinking to add a small flower with a diamond centre, kinda link LIB's adorable ruby ring..(hope you don't mind LIB..)..

Any comments? too much maybe..?

oh, and my stone still hasn't been sent...grrrrrr
40.gif

LIB_VCrubyOnBox.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You''ve got the best taste in stones!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:59:52 PM
Author: Kelli
You''ve got the best taste in stones!
ha ha! thanks Kel, thats very sweet.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:49:46 PM
Thankyou Linda W and TGal -

TGal, me too - I''ve loved that design since I first discovered Meyer. Cheers mate!

Mine will (hopefully), have one leaf on each side of the bezel - than, on the shank where he has his wraps, I was thinking to add a small flower with a diamond centre, kinda link LIB''s adorable ruby ring..(hope you don''t mind LIB..)..

Any comments? too much maybe..?

oh, and my stone still hasn''t been sent...grrrrrr
40.gif

LIB_VCrubyOnBox.jpg

AJ I LOVE the idea of bezeling the tourm with the leaf on each side. I think that would be soooo beautiful and vintagey and go so well with the stone color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results