shape
carat
color
clarity

Today''s Topics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
yes there is panel discussion option where a host can now turn on camera and voice for other participants. Too many cool things are still in our list
emotion-15.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2007 12:15:58 AM
Author: stebbo

Date: 1/17/2007 11:54:48 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

He demonstrted this morning that we can have 4 or 5 web cam participants on at the same time, and they can be speaking heads.

But you do not think I am that silly do you?
Now I''m seeing potential:

Rhino vs Cut Nut, live from the DiamondDock, Rhino in the gray shorts, Cut Nut in the black.

Who wants round 2? Maybe some banned face from the past?
I am certainly up to that Stebbo

1. I have the presenters control
2. Rhino might not be game
3. Especially after he reads the latest Australian Gemmologist journal that is about to be released

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This new web thingy is the best. The webinar by Garry was very educating, well presented, very clear and he explained the technical parts very well with the use of the drawing facility. You could tell he was used to public speaking and has the skills and experience of teaching undergraduate/graduate students for the Australian Gemmological Institute? in the past.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would like to request a slot on the schedule for Monday 22nd, 3PM EST.

It depends a bit on my internet-provider, but if I can be assured of a smooth connection (many hick-ups lately), I would like to do a first test-presentation.

Subject: ''Diamond cutting and planning for Dummies''

The idea is to give the very basics about planning and judging, and to touch the difficulties that arise in weight-retention and so on. It is for dummies in the sense that everybody can understand, and we will keep it very basic. After all, in learning to calculate, you first have to learn how to do simple sums, and you do not immediately start with an Excel-sheet, don''t you?

In any case, if this test-presentation goes well, we will do the same subject in a real presentation, probably in the following week-end.

Live long,

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2007 6:17:08 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
I would like to request a slot on the schedule for Monday 22nd, 3PM EST.

It depends a bit on my internet-provider, but if I can be assured of a smooth connection (many hick-ups lately), I would like to do a first test-presentation.

Subject: ''Diamond cutting and planning for Dummies''

The idea is to give the very basics about planning and judging, and to touch the difficulties that arise in weight-retention and so on. It is for dummies in the sense that everybody can understand, and we will keep it very basic. After all, in learning to calculate, you first have to learn how to do simple sums, and you do not immediately start with an Excel-sheet, don''t you?

In any case, if this test-presentation goes well, we will do the same subject in a real presentation, probably in the following week-end.

Live long,

Awesome! About time you got your feet wet.

By the way, Garry invited me to come heckle him at his presentation, which I found little opportunity to do. He has set a very high standard. I am very much looking forward to seeing how you go about figuring out how to maximize the beautiful stones you cut.

Wink

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2007 9:32:54 AM
Author: Wink
Awesome! About time you got your feet wet.

By the way, Garry invited me to come heckle him at his presentation, which I found little opportunity to do. He has set a very high standard. I am very much looking forward to seeing how you go about figuring out how to maximize the beautiful stones you cut.

Wink
Yeah, Garry is scheduling his presentations in such a way, that it is the middle of the night here. Even though everyone says that I am working 24/7, unfortunately, I am not.

So, I do not know which standard he has set. In any case, my presentation will definitely not be as sophisticated as his. It will be about basics. For dummies, you know. Actually, it will be close to how I learned the basics from a good friend of mine.

And you may criticize that there are much better and sophisticated ways, and that I must be using them. Correct. But as long as you do not understand the basics, sophistication has no use.

Live long,

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so does that mean we can heckle you paul?

just kidding. i''m looking forward to the presentation. i don''t care what level it''s at, i''m just here to learn. there is always something to be learned.
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
''So, I do not know which standard he has set. In any case, my presentation will definitely not be as sophisticated as his. It will be about basics. For dummies, you know. Actually, it will be close to how I learned the basics from a good friend of mine.''

That would be me then...... I''m the dummy round here lol.... I don''t mind really
21.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2007 12:04:00 PM

Yeah, Garry is scheduling his presentations in such a way, that it is the middle of the night here. Even though everyone says that I am working 24/7, unfortunately, I am not.

So, I do not know which standard he has set. In any case, my presentation will definitely not be as sophisticated as his. It will be about basics. For dummies, you know. Actually, it will be close to how I learned the basics from a good friend of mine.

And you may criticize that there are much better and sophisticated ways, and that I must be using them. Correct. But as long as you do not understand the basics, sophistication has no use.

Live long,
No criticism ment or implied, only that that bar was high. I expect to learn much from the CONTENT of your post, not the method in which it is made. As you know it often takes more than one exposure and one angle of presentation before I can claim to know even a little bit of what you are trying to teach me. (He has tried hard for years to get me to understand the "basics" that he speaks of!)

Besides, the very fact that you are capable of using this wonderful gift that Leonid has made for us puts you in the sophisticated column compared to the vast majority of those in this business. I will be watching and learning just as I do every time I talk with you. Just don''t call me Grasshopper!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Today''s 6PM EST session will be fairly unstructured.

I would like to entertain question from you about specific items, I can conference you in and I believe let you upload pictures for me to respond to if you have them. I can turn you on if you have a microphone to ask specific questions on the air.

I will also be prepared to share more photos from the good the bad and the ugly presentation that we did on Monday.

I have a client who will be calling in from Europe sometime after 6:30 EST so I will have to cut the presentation off as soon as she calls as we are going to do a one to one presentation of a gorgeous stone that I just got in for her.

I suspect that this stone will continue on its journey, from the depths of the Earth where it was born millions of years ago in Africa through who knows what route to this country and now on its way to Europe to make the eyes and heart of a friendly lady very happy. Gosh I love this business!

Wink

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 1:29:58 PM

Today''s 6PM EST session will be fairly unstructured.

I would like to entertain question from you about specific items, I can conference you in and I believe let you upload pictures for me to respond to if you have them. I can turn you on if you have a microphone to ask specific questions on the air.
I''ll host a similar concierge session, starting at appx 9PM EST; for the evening crowd who''ve been making the request.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 5:04:49 PM

I can turn you on

Wink
I prefer blondes mate.

Taller than you, by preference,

and of the opposite sex

Looking forward to it though - who knows - you might raise my pulse
29.gif

(nod nod, Wink wink)
hmmm I thought your only requirement was that it sometimes wears skirts!
or atleast have a female sounding name lol
11.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2007 5:04:49 PM

I can turn you on

Wink
I prefer blondes mate.

Taller than you, by preference,

and of the opposite sex

Looking forward to it though - who knows - you might raise my pulse
29.gif

(nod nod, Wink wink)
Irinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garry''s picken on me!!!!!!!!!

LOL, leave it to an Aussie to make it sexual.

Gosh I love you Aussies!

Wink

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2007 6:04:46 PM
HWA = HGA/2
Holloway Wife Advisor is half of Holloway Girlfriend Advisor????

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/19/2007 1:40:30 AM

Date: 1/18/2007 6:04:46 PM
HWA = HGA/2
Holloway Wife Advisor is half of Holloway Girlfriend Advisor????
Paul that is despicable!!!

Wash your mouth out

W= woman

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle. Sworrry

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I apologise to any who might have been anticipating it, but I have to cancel my 6:razz:M office hours this evening and I will not be able to bring you my normal presentation at 4PM on Monday as I have a meeting with my Financial advisor for our annual review at that time.

I will resume the office hours on Tuesday.

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
:{
I want my Wink TV!!!!!!!
Now i gota surf the colored stone forum to get my gemstone fix!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 6:06:05 PM
Author: strmrdr
I want my Wink TV!!!!!!!
Now look at them yo-yo''s, that''s the way you do it
You show diamonds on that WinkTV
That ain''t workin'', that''s the way you do it
Money for nothin'' and your chicks for free
Now that ain''t workin'', that''s the way you do it
Lemme tell ya, them guys ain''t dumb
Maybe get a ruby on your little finger
Maybe get sapphire on your thumb

10.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 10:07:03 PM
Author: Pricescope

I want my Wink TV!!!!!!!

10.gif
ROFL!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will there be more Pricescope vendors like Good Old GOLD??????? I always hear that Jon has so much a passion for diamonds. I would like to see him do a presentation
36.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock

I want my Wink TV!!!!!!!

10.gif
Word.
10.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

10.gif
36.gif
Very good!

Now I''ll have that song stuck in my head all day.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 11:06:04 PM
Author: Skippy123
Will there be more Pricescope vendors like Good Old GOLD??????? I always hear that Jon has so much a passion for diamonds. I would like to see him do a presentation
36.gif
I agree, would like to see Jon on here.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I want my Wink TV!!!!!!!

10.gif

LOL! Gotta get me one of them ghost writers to have some good come back poetry.

Thanks for the big smile to start my day!

Wink

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 8:49:53 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/19/2007 11:06:04 PM
Author: Skippy123
36.gif
I agree, would like to see Jon on here.

Yes....would love to have Jon share some of his diamonds.......
PLUS, I would love to have him and also Bill Pearlman show some of those beautiful designer settings.....
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results