shape
carat
color
clarity

Today''s Topics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2007 6:26:01 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 1/15/2007 6:16:34 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
John, you just said on your live presentation that Brian would be on Tuesday at 4 eastern, but you said above it would be at 5:00 eastern time. We probably need to get that clarified because I''m sure a lot of people will be interested.

Thanks DS. Brian will be on at 5:00PM EST on Tuesday (4pm central/wf time)
1.gif

Bring on the questions for the cutter. You all have so many great qs and observations in these sessions!
Great!! That will be much better! Thanks!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 6:25:25 PM
Author: Regular Guy

Thanks for everyone''s efforts in this...sorry life dictates when I can visit...was able to see JohnQ briefly today, and much appreciated the discussion.
It was great to have you in there, even briefly. Thanks to all for contributing.

Here is an answer I promised: The melee pictured here are .02 and .008 ct.

Smallesthearts-in-the-world.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks john :)

Hey - if you guys can ever get a pic of melee lined up on one finger or *something* with 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 etc to 5 pointers for a permanent reference pic - like bands with them or i dunno.... it''s just an image that no one has here on PS that would be very helpful to anyone who wants a reference to how different sized melee looks in comparison with one another. Having them in different pictures isn''t cutting it!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 7:01:53 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
thanks john :)

Hey - if you guys can ever get a pic of melee lined up on one finger or *something* with 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 etc to 5 pointers for a permanent reference pic - like bands with them or i dunno.... it''s just an image that no one has here on PS that would be very helpful to anyone who wants a reference to how different sized melee looks in comparison with one another. Having them in different pictures isn''t cutting it!!
That is a great idea! I second it!

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 6:51:01 PM

Hmmm, the bigger diamond looks more like 5 times the weight, not 2.5. Sure on that John? Can't be all spread with those hearts.

Or is the little one CZ?
23.gif

Stebbo

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 6:51:01 PM

It was great to have you in there, even briefly. Thanks to all for contributing.

Amazing.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tuesday through Friday at 6pm Eastern I will have my normal "Pricescope Concierge hour".

We may have a treat tomorrow in that I have a ladies ring ready to be delivered and I am going to show it to her live on the camera that I have. She will be seeing it live and talking about what she went through to get it. 90% sure this will happen. Depends on her schedule.

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 11:59:37 PM
Author: Wink
Tuesday through Friday at 6pm Eastern I will have my normal ''Pricescope Concierge hour''.

We may have a treat tomorrow in that I have a ladies ring ready to be delivered and I am going to show it to her live on the camera that I have. She will be seeing it live and talking about what she went through to get it. 90% sure this will happen. Depends on her schedule.

Wink
kicken Wink!
I look forward to your presentations as a nice break in my day.
I have to get my colored stone fix!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tuesday through Friday at 6pm Eastern I will have my normal ''Pricescope Concierge hour''.

Wink
At about 6ish Wed EST time I was hoping to show the technology side of cutting and polishing from rough, planning and the entire cutting process so that when Paul Slegers and Brian Gavin et al get here there will be some basic understanding of what goes on.

I need about 1.5 hours including ? time.

Many of the slides I will use are loaded here http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/category1073.aspx

I noticed that a few eager beavers have been peeking already
23.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Will try to do a test-session this evening to see whether the set-up works. No content yet, just checking out the operations.

Also, will try to follow up Brian''s presentation today.

Too bad that Garry is planning a presentation on cutting at midnight my time. Especially on a Wednesday, when I like to go and have a mid-week-beer with my mates.

Live long,

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/16/2007 6:02:39 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Wink
At about 6ish Wed EST time I was hoping to show the technology side of cutting and polishing from rough, planning and the entire cutting process so that when Paul Slegers and Brian Gavin et al get here there will be some basic understanding of what goes on.

Many of the slides I will use are loaded here http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/category1073.aspx

23.gif

Wednesday I will yield the floor to the esteemed Mr. Holloway from Down Under.
2.gif

Wink

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Brief announcement.

For anyone 'just surfing' I'm doing a demo for some of our sales staff in a few minutes. It will be a one-to-many. Please feel free to say hi so they can see how it works.

Edit:
THANKS to everyone for showing up and saying hi. Maisebelle - special thanks for allowing us to contact you. You have an accent to die for. Between you and Lesley I was virtually transported to the green and pleasant land
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah you are more than welcome. It was great fun!
9.gif

Maisie

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry to have had to be so short today, but packages had to get out and appraisals finished, yikes. A LOT of people showed up, it was nice to see so many of you.

I have yielded my time to Gary for tomorrow, I will see you all on Thursday and possibly for a short session tomorrow.

Wink

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It was good session Wink. Thank you and your customer for sharing that ring

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
Wink, thank you again!

----
It was great fun, and so exciting to see my ring!

I will post hand pics in SMTR after I receive it!
:)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are very welcome. It made it to Fedex on time, so it should be there for you tomorrow. I did not share your story about why you started internet shopping, but if you wish to do so I thought it to be a good lesson to any jewlers out there that read these boards, myself included.

Wink

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/16/2007 10:54:47 AM

Date: 1/16/2007 6:02:39 AM

Wink

23.gif

Wednesday I will yield the floor to the esteemed Mr. Holloway from Down Under.
2.gif

Wink

Thank you Wink.

I do appreciate you changing your schedule. I willl be on Wednesday at 6pm EST disuccing diamond rough to polished.
On another occasion next week perhaps I thought the pipeline from manufacturer to market might bbe interesting.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Many thanks to all participants for the great questions and discussion in Brian Gavin''s session today.

Here is info on our Wednesday Session 5PM EST (4:00 Central)

"BRINGIN'' THE BLING IN"

A feast for the eyes. At 5PM EST we will open the vault and showcase creations inside. This will include settings, finished rings, earrings, pendants, bracelets, loose diamonds and more. Among the featured pieces; a 5ct Champaigne Pave ring worn by Princess Yasmin-Aga Khan at the Rita Hayworth Charity Gala, designs from the "Dreams of Africa" collection funding humanitarian relief for African children and the 7.5 ct ''A Cut Above'' H&A diamond in half-bezel pendant, worn by Lydia Hearst.

Hope to see you there.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 11:38:51 PM
Many thanks to all participants for the great questions and discussion in Brian Gavin''s session today.

Here is info on our Wednesday Session 5PM EST (4:00 Central)

''BRINGIN'' THE BLING IN''
OK, this is a must see.
3.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to everyone who bling-watched.

Judi sends appreciation for your kind words and says you can't have her job quite yet...
2.gif

Follow-up: The RHR with the blossom design people were requesting more views of was not up on the site - as several of you indicated. That's been corrected. From the main page, go to Diamond Jewelry, Right Hand Rings; "Diamonds in Bloom" (there are earrings of the same name.

Garry, it was not recorded but we will re-present when we better-tune the camera equipment and lighting. Thanks.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kudos to Garry, he did a great job. I think my head hurts...

Wink

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Altho I didn''t watch Garry''s entire presentation, what I did see was very informative and professional/well done. "Polished" comes to mind........
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Garry, I really enjoyed your presentation, and like Wink said...my head hurts a bit too! I found the topic so interesting that I was having a hard time preparing dinner, all while watching and listening to my laptop on the chopping block in the kitchen!! My hubby came in from work at 7:20pm, and I had to tell him to wait at least 10 more minutes before dinner would be served because I did not want to interrupt the webinar!!! Thank you so much for such a detailed and well presented package.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all.

My biggest problem was I loaded all the graphics into the Gallery on Pricescope - But because i pulled them from all different files off my lap top - they were not in the correct order.
Leonid could make them ascend and descend in various orders - then at least i could arrange all alphabetically. (they are all there in Stones>>Diamonds>>Diamond Cut if you wish to see them)

Of course he will solve it in time as he always does - and he will make all sorts of other faciliies available to use stuff directly from our own computers, power points and such.

But it certainly is amazing to be able to lecture with students who have only a Chat feed back. You can ask ?''s and not overly interrupt, and I can keep my place.

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 11:09:49 PM
Thank you all.

Of course he [Leonid] will solve it in time as he always does - and he will make all sorts of other faciliies available to use stuff directly from our own computers, power points and such.

But it certainly is amazing to be able to lecture with students who have only a Chat feed back. You can ask ?''s and not overly interrupt, and I can keep my place.

But because Leonid does make more facilities available, students will be able to use microphones in time and will be able to interrupt! Student webcams might be going a bit far though... (for some reason that modified head-obstruction ASET you proposed is coming to my mind, where someone commented it looked like it was giving you the finger).

Thanks for the presentation. Great stuff.

Stebbo

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/17/2007 11:38:16 PM
Author: stebbo

Date: 1/17/2007 11:09:49 PM
Thank you all.

Of course he [Leonid] will solve it in time as he always does - and he will make all sorts of other faciliies available to use stuff directly from our own computers, power points and such.

But because Leonid does make more facilities available, students will be able to use microphones in time and will be able to interrupt! Student webcams might be going a bit far though... (for some reason that modified head-obstruction ASET you proposed is coming to my mind, where someone commented it looked like it was giving you the finger).

Thanks for the presentation. Great stuff.

Stebbo
Hey Stebbo - Leonid has beaten you to the punch.

He demonstrted this morning that we can have 4 or 5 web cam participants on at the same time, and they can be speaking heads.

But you do not think I am that silly do you?

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 11:54:48 PM

He demonstrted this morning that we can have 4 or 5 web cam participants on at the same time, and they can be speaking heads.

But you do not think I am that silly do you?
Now I''m seeing potential:

Rhino vs Cut Nut, live from the DiamondDock, Rhino in the gray shorts, Cut Nut in the black.

Who wants round 2? Maybe some banned face from the past?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results