carat
color
clarity

Timing of giving V Day pendant

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Cabochon|1297445395|2849361 said:
Both your presents are just gorgeous! I love the pendant. :love:

For practiacal reasons I would personally opt for giving her both presents on the same day. If I were given such a beautiful pendant I would surely try and compare the stone to that of my e-ring and see how they look close together, maybe even that same night at home. This might lead to a situation were your wife finds out that the stone in the e-ring isn't as impressive as it used to be. :o And might lead to some frustration...

So I am all for pendant with the aperitiv and ring at the romantic beach walk.

Yes, I am leaning that way at the moment.

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, Happy Valentine's Day.

Update: Well the night almost didn't happen. Our one year old son had a fever on Saturday so we waiting to see if he was better on Sunday (the day of our date), luckily he was better however, our three year old woke up Sunday with a high fever. :(( Luckily his fever broke as well so the babysitter came and off we went to our Valentine's Day dinner.

I didn't know if I was going to give her the ring but I took it with me anyway just in case. We got to the restaurant early and sat at in the bar for a drink and exchanged cards and then I gave her the box with the pendant. She didn't even know what she was looking when I gave it to her. Then she opened it and her reaction was awesome, she had NO idea that I would have ever got the idea of the pendant. She was so thrilled and put it on and kept looking in the mirror and commenting on it, so that worked out perfectly.

She didn't know about the ring so I had to make up a story going about where I got the diamond in the pendant, just in case I didn't give her the ring. We sat in probably one of the best tables in the restaurant, overlooking the garden and trees with the elevated fire pits burning. You could hear the waves of the ocean crashing in the background, PERFECT. I think then I decided that I was going to give her the ring later that night after dinner somewhere on the beach, I didn't want to give it to her at the restaurant.

I had to convince her to go to stop and go to the beach because it was cold but we did. We talked and walked a little and had a moment and then I got on one knee and pulled out the ring box and opened it. She kept saying "what is that, what is that, where did you get that!" She was stunned and overwhelmed.

I have some hand and neck shots that I took and I also had her read this post. Thank you all for your suggestions.

I worked out very well.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. :)

Nicely done!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awww, how exciting!! It sounds like it was absolutely perfect!

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
athenaworth|1297704778|2851582 said:
Awww, how exciting!! It sounds like it was absolutely perfect!

Thanks! It worked out well. I'll post hand shots later.

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Here is a hand and neck shot, sorry it's a little too close. I'll take a post better photos when I can.

063 (2).JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome! She must be so happy!

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
beautiful. She is a lucky woman. This really looks great on her.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a great story, thank you for sharing! It definitely made my day reading it. Congratulations to you both on such a thoughtful Valentine's Day and may every Valentine's Day from here on out be a reminder joy and happiness of this one!! :wavey: :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, well you did a fantastic job! :appl: You and Tim are currently at the top of the list for guys doing amazing surprises with great taste in jewelry! :love:

This was a really happy story! Thanks for sharing! :appl:

(I know you got the pendant setting from RB, but you said you also found it online somewhere. Would you mind sharing a link? I have a diamond I'd like to set in a pendant and I'd like to consider that one.)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She is blingtastic!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww ::)

How beautiful!! She must be over the moon :love: :appl:

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1297775901|2852228 said:
Ok, well you did a fantastic job! :appl: You and Tim are currently at the top of the list for guys doing amazing surprises with great taste in jewelry! :love:

This was a really happy story! Thanks for sharing! :appl:

(I know you got the pendant setting from RB, but you said you also found it online somewhere. Would you mind sharing a link? I have a diamond I'd like to set in a pendant and I'd like to consider that one.)

Thank you so much. I'm glad you've all enjoyed and commented on my story, your input helped quite a bit. She is very happy and hasn't taken them off since I gave them to her.

There are a few places that have it on their website, two below, but I suspect anyone who is a Simon G authorized dealer can order it. There are two styles of the same pendant PP113 and PP114. One is for a larger center stone, 1ct plus and one under 1ct or 1-1.5ct and one for larger, I don't remember. One shows a ruby but they both come without a center diamond.

http://www.jewelrybymorgan.com/shop/Simon%20G%20Diamond%20Halo%20Pendant%20-%20Style%20PP114

http://www.kranichs.com/products/Simon-G/neckpiece-4787

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Can that be any prettier?! I think not! What a perfect set, looks fantastic on your wife. I think you may be starting a trend with that necklace I might need one of those pendants too. Good work!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are just the sweetest most thoughtful husband. It's clear how much you adore your wife and pay attention to her tastes. No doubt she was floored. It's an amazing set.

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
kelpie|1297803180|2852583 said:
Wow, you are just the sweetest most thoughtful husband. It's clear how much you adore your wife and pay attention to her tastes. No doubt she was floored. It's an amazing set.

Thank you all. Yes, I do adore her very much. I knew she would love the ring but her reaction to the pendant was more than I could have hoped for. She absolutely loves it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the links! It greatly helps to have the model #!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and pendant!!! What a thoughtful gift!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results