shape
carat
color
clarity

Timing of giving V Day pendant

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think giving them to her on 2 separate ocassions is a better idea and i love the idea of putting the necklace around her neck while she's getting ready. Is there any kind of anniversary or birthday or special ocassion that is shared just by the two of you coming up? Maybe give her the ring then? While I can imagine how hard it is for you to wait, I think that the new ring will steal the necklace's thunder, so let her enjoy the necklace for a week or two before blowing her away with the ring. Just my two cents. :D

Oh, what does her current ring look like? I love me some before and afters.

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
:confused: Ahhh I am so confused now.

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
athenaworth|1297365770|2848643 said:
I think giving them to her on 2 separate ocassions is a better idea and i love the idea of putting the necklace around her neck while she's getting ready. Is there any kind of anniversary or birthday or special ocassion that is shared just by the two of you coming up? Maybe give her the ring then? While I can imagine how hard it is for you to wait, I think that the new ring will steal the necklace's thunder, so let her enjoy the necklace for a week or two before blowing her away with the ring. Just my two cents. :D

Oh, what does her current ring look like? I love me some before and afters.

Good point! No anniversary or B-day coming up soon though.

I'll post photos of both rings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me just say that if my husband had both of these in his possession and he purposely waited to give me one after Valentine's Day, I would think :nono: ! But by all means give her the ring if you decide to delay one!!! I suppose you could save the pendant for Mother's Day, but I think giving her both for Valentine's would be fabulous, personally!

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1297366168|2848653 said:
Let me just say that if my husband had both of these in his possession and he purposely waited to give me one after Valentine's Day, I would think :nono: ! But by all means give her the ring if you decide to delay one!!! I suppose you could save the pendant for Mother's Day, but I think giving her both for Valentine's would be fabulous, personally!

How would you know. :naughty:

Everyone has some great points. And I agree that the ring would take away from the pendant. Personally, I think the pendant makes a "better" Valentine's Day present but that is me. If I decide the give the ring as well on that day then I would do it on the beach. If I don't decide to give the ring then I will have to plan a day trip somewhere romantic. I had actually thought of places to give her the ring, places/locations that she loves, but it would take half the day to get there, much too long for just a day trip. Unfortunately, other than a babysitter we don't anyone to watch the kids overnight. I have a few days to think about it. Thank you for all the suggestions and thoughts. If anyone wants to chime in with more, please do so.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just come back and tell us the end of this story! It will be great however you decide to do it, that is for sure! :appl:

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1297369415|2848712 said:
Just come back and tell us the end of this story! It will be great however you decide to do it, that is for sure! :appl:

I certainly will. And stay tuned for more photos of the pendant, old ring and new ring. I'll post them tonight.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jr22|1297353943|2848485 said:
Hi diamondseeker. It's a long story but the center diamond in the pendant is the same diamond that is in my signature avatar. That was the diamond that was in her original e-ring. It's a .93 D/VS1 AGS 000 H&A and I sneakily removed it and replaced it with a CZ in her ring, believe it or not she hasn't notice yet and I'm hoping she won't until I give her a new ring (read below). :naughty:

Long story but I wanted first to upgrade her diamond to a larger one. I then decided just to go all the way and get her a new e-ring because she ALWAYS wanted a halo ring. So I first purchased a 1.27 E/VS2 GIA Triple EX H&A diamond from GOG, and had it set in a Michael M halo setting that I ordered. She doesn't know that I have it but we briefly talked about replacing her current ring with a halo ring two or three months ago. The only thing she suspects is that maybe I will get the halo setting and set the .93 diamond in it (which is now in the pendant) however, she hasn't a clue about the new diamond.

I'll post some photos of the Michael M ring tonight. It really is very pretty.

What a crazy, amazingly sweet thing to do :bigsmile:

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1297370301|2848725 said:
Jr22|1297353943|2848485 said:
Hi diamondseeker. It's a long story but the center diamond in the pendant is the same diamond that is in my signature avatar. That was the diamond that was in her original e-ring. It's a .93 D/VS1 AGS 000 H&A and I sneakily removed it and replaced it with a CZ in her ring, believe it or not she hasn't notice yet and I'm hoping she won't until I give her a new ring (read below). :naughty:

Long story but I wanted first to upgrade her diamond to a larger one. I then decided just to go all the way and get her a new e-ring because she ALWAYS wanted a halo ring. So I first purchased a 1.27 E/VS2 GIA Triple EX H&A diamond from GOG, and had it set in a Michael M halo setting that I ordered. She doesn't know that I have it but we briefly talked about replacing her current ring with a halo ring two or three months ago. The only thing she suspects is that maybe I will get the halo setting and set the .93 diamond in it (which is now in the pendant) however, she hasn't a clue about the new diamond.

I'll post some photos of the Michael M ring tonight. It really is very pretty.

What a crazy, amazingly sweet thing to do :bigsmile:

Thank you, I appreciate that! Yeah, a little crazy but sometimes you just have to go for it. :D

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Ok all. Here are photos of the new Michael M setting with her current A Jaffe setting.

009.JPG

003.JPG

025 (2).JPG

030 (2).JPG

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
As you've requested, here are a few more of the Simon G pendant.

040.JPG

055.JPG

066.JPG

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Michael M on the left, A Jaffe on the right.

038 (2).JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW...you really did an incredible job! You knew the style she loved and got something really similar but with a halo! You might have to get the best husband award for the month..or YEAR!!! :love: :appl:

(You really should post these in a new thread in the Show Me the Bling forum. But you have to tell them how you did this! I am afraid not many people will see the pictures since they are on page 2 of this thread.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing...where did you get the Simon G pendant setting? I really love it!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! The new ring is AMAZING!!!! I love the "old" setting too, but the Michael M is just stunning!!! And that pendant is to die for!!
SUPERB JOB!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the thing I'm most impressed with is your sneaky'ness! I don't think my husband has a sneaky bone in his body! You did an excellent job. Major kudos and thanks so much for posting the pictures.

btw - I'm totally adding that necklace to the list of stuff I'm getting when I hit the lotto.

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1297386667|2848944 said:
One more thing...where did you get the Simon G pendant setting? I really love it!

Thank you for all the comments!

I got it at Robbins Brothers a B&M store chain in CA but it was a special order as they don't carry it in stock. Since the Center is a D color I had them upgrade the halo to E/F's. I found it online at a few places as well but not many.

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
athenaworth|1297388153|2848963 said:
I think the thing I'm most impressed with is your sneaky'ness! I don't think my husband has a sneaky bone in his body! You did an excellent job. Major kudos and thanks so much for posting the pictures.

btw - I'm totally adding that necklace to the list of stuff I'm getting when I hit the lotto.

:lol: Well, I'm not sneaky by nature but this was a difficult one to pull off, that is why I want to make sure that I "get it right" on how and when I give them to her.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, her old ring is lovely ::) but I must say, the the new ring and the pendant are just... make sure she's sitting down whenever you decide to give them to her Jr! :sun: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1297388772|2848968 said:
Wow, her old ring is lovely ::) but I must say, the the new ring and the pendant are just... make sure she's sitting down whenever you decide to give them to her Jr! :sun: :love:
:lol:

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Here are few more for good measure. ;))

021 (2).JPG

023 (2).JPG

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
So anymore ideas on when I should give the pendant? Timing wise that is. How about the ring? I really am not sure at this point.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I already said this but I still think giving her the pendant when you first get seated at the restaurant is good because she will think that is her present. She won't be expecting anything else. And you had the idea of the walk on the beach after dinner...what could be better than that for giving her the ring? I'd sure love it if my husband thought of that idea! :D

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would give her the ring first. I would also do it in a quiet moment, just the two of you. A gift of that magnitude needs
a great moment to present it. I understand everyone idea of giving it to her while she is dressing, but I think it needs its own
stand out moment. If you give her the ring first and she sees it is a larger diamond she will be wowed. Giving it to her on Valentines
day is one of those moments that says you would marry her again. (Corny, I know). Then she will be blown away by the pendant
and you can tell her where the stone came from.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Necklace at dinner and ring on the beach after!!!!!!!

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle|1297435491|2849214 said:
I think I would give her the ring first. I would also do it in a quiet moment, just the two of you. A gift of that magnitude needs
a great moment to present it. I understand everyone idea of giving it to her while she is dressing, but I think it needs its own
stand out moment. If you give her the ring first and she sees it is a larger diamond she will be wowed. Giving it to her on Valentines
day is one of those moments that says you would marry her again. (Corny, I know). Then she will be blown away by the pendant
and you can tell her where the stone came from.

Thanks sparkle. Well I agree with you and your comment is not corny, in fact, I'm not planning on just giving her the ring. I have a few things in my head but I really want the moment to be in a setting so I can re-propose to her. I just think a new e-ring is good cause for the moment to be special.

This is tough because I really want to get it right and it be perfect. I don't want any coulda, shoulda, waited for this or that moment. I will give her the pendant first because I know THAT will be completely unexpected. With the ring, we discussed it briefly a while back so she might be thinking somewhere in the back of her mind that there is a small chance I did get a new ring. Giving her the pendant will throw that all off for her. Also, I don't want the pendant to be an "afterthought" moment, not that it will, but in my mind that is what I think IF I give her the ring first.

Thanks!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1297443071|2849325 said:
Necklace at dinner and ring on the beach after!!!!!!!

I like this idea!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously Jr22 I'm so drooling over here. Love that ring!! Eeeeep it's going to be so pretty with the necklace. What a lucky woman she is! As a mother to some youngsters, leaving the house time is super stressful. I would rather have that quiet moment in the car to enjoy my goody. Maybe you could wrap up the pendant and put it in your glove box and ask her to fish something out for you and have it ready for her in there. Maybe a hand mirror also so she could admire while you're driving to the restaurant. Save the ring for another time, that pendant deserves the title as Valentines present. This is more exciting than my own V-day, my DH is traveling out of the country :( Good Luck!

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
SandyCheeks|1297444617|2849348 said:
Seriously Jr22 I'm so drooling over here. Love that ring!! Eeeeep it's going to be so pretty with the necklace. What a lucky woman she is! As a mother to some youngsters, leaving the house time is super stressful. I would rather have that quiet moment in the car to enjoy my goody. Maybe you could wrap up the pendant and put it in your glove box and ask her to fish something out for you and have it ready for her in there. Maybe a hand mirror also so she could admire while you're driving to the restaurant. Save the ring for another time, that pendant deserves the title as Valentines present. This is more exciting than my own V-day, my DH is traveling out of the country :( Good Luck!

Thanks SandyCheeks. Personally, other than a few from Michael Barin (crazy expensive), this is one of the nicest halos that I've seen, and I'm not really a fan of halos.

That is a good idea, I will give that some thought. I've never been to this restaurant so I don't know if, they have a bar area that is somewhat romantic because I thought of getting there a little early and giving it to her then before we sit. Again, I don't know what the bar is like and I'm sure the place will be crowed because of V-Day. I think I'm just going to play as it comes.

As for the ring, I might take it with me and get a feel of how the night is going because it might get too cold to go on the beach so I'll have to improvise if I decide to give the ring to her Sunday.

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
Both your presents are just gorgeous! I love the pendant. :love:

For practiacal reasons I would personally opt for giving her both presents on the same day. If I were given such a beautiful pendant I would surely try and compare the stone to that of my e-ring and see how they look close together, maybe even that same night at home. This might lead to a situation were your wife finds out that the stone in the e-ring isn't as impressive as it used to be. :o And might lead to some frustration...

So I am all for pendant with the aperitiv and ring at the romantic beach walk.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results