shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany LIW discussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 9:26:32 PM
Author: chiquitapet
The change from Novo to Classic really happened very quickly!! And eventhough we know we can get a better and bigger stone elsewhere, DH and I really want to go the Tiffany route too. There''s something very special about it. I`m not planning to advertise to anyone amongs friends/family (except mum and little sisters) that we got Tiffany, it`s just for me and DH (and PS!) to know... So going with Tiffany for us would not be about getting ''braging rights'' (as one of PSers called getting Tiffany) at all because the moment my friends, colleagues and rest of my family find out, they`re gonna think I`m a spoiled materialistic b****. OMG, I just realised, maybe I am one!!!
11.gif
27.gif
I feel exactly the same way. I''d only tell if someone asked where I got it from. It''s more about just me and what I want. It isn''t for "bragging rights" I''m sure many people around here think I want Tiffany because I talk about Tiffany all the time. But the reason I love Tiff''s so much is for the engagement rings. It''s what drew me in to begin with. Then from there it built up to what I am today....(a Tiffany monster) lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
chiquita & misskitty- I know what you mean. I'm the only one I know who loves Tiffany's. lol! We ought to have organized trips in our respective cities! That would be fun..ha!

I may POSSIBLY go tomorrow because I need to stop by a store at the mall Tiff's is at to buy some sunless tanner. So......if they aren't busy with Mother's day and all, I just might stop in! Keep your fingers crossed that I do!
31.gif
I've got that itch...

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone see the diamonds by the yard in affordable sterling silver??!!! OMG! I want the earrings, the necklace... Ahhh!

Vani

Rough_Rock
Add me to the list of Tiffany obsessives!
1.gif

I have a thing for the Etoile solitaire and would love to get that as my engagement ring. I know I could get a much bigger diamond for the price elsewhere, but... it's Tiffany's
11.gif
I also think its design would mean I could wear it all the time without it getting in the way (I'm a doctor and have to wash my hands all the time).

I don't actually own any Tiffany pieces yet, but am hoping to remedy that soon! Any suggestions for a first ever (not too expensive) Tiffany purchase?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 11:40:23 AM
Author: Vani
I don''t actually own any Tiffany pieces yet, but am hoping to remedy that soon! Any suggestions for a first ever (not too expensive) Tiffany purchase?

Check out the silver collection. My first Tiffany purchase was my bean necklace, and I wear it all the time. It''s definitely more reasonably priced than the other pretties I have my eyes on
3.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

I have a thing for the Etoile solitaire and would love to get that as my engagement ring. I know I could get a much bigger diamond for the price elsewhere, but... it''s Tiffany''s
11.gif
I also think its design would mean I could wear it all the time without it getting in the way (I''m a doctor and have to wash my hands all the time).

I don''t actually own any Tiffany pieces yet, but am hoping to remedy that soon! Any suggestions for a first ever (not too expensive) Tiffany purchase?
Welcome Vani!! It`s nice to see another Tiffany-obsessed doctor!!
1.gif
The etoile solitaire is a beautiful e-ring and as you say it is very practical, especially for people like us who constantly wear gloves etc... at one stage I considered this style as well because of the practical issues. I know several doctors with huge solitaires (which stick out), and most of them just turn the ring around to face the palm before putting on gloves... It''s a bit of a hassle, though...

I have 2 silver pieces from Tiffany (a bracelet and a bangle), which I both got last year and I love them!! Great quality of silver.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 8:51:12 AM
Author: suchende
Anyone see the diamonds by the yard in affordable sterling silver??!!! OMG! I want the earrings, the necklace... Ahhh!
I didn''t actually see the diamonds by the yard in SS... I think I`d be worried having diamonds set in SS though... its not as safe as in WG.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 1:42:10 PM

I didn''t actually see the diamonds by the yard in SS... I think I`d be worried having diamonds set in SS though... its not as safe as in WG.
Really? I have lots of gemstone and silver pieces and have never had a problem. In fact, the only issue i have ever had was diamonds in white gold, but that was a ring I wore every day for years, so I guess I am not surprised the prongs did not hold up forever. I would have no fear at all about bezel-set diamonds in a necklace or earrings.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 2:06:30 PM

Date: 5/10/2009 1:42:10 PM

Really? I have lots of gemstone and silver pieces and have never had a problem. In fact, the only issue i have ever had was diamonds in white gold, but that was a ring I wore every day for years, so I guess I am not surprised the prongs did not hold up forever. I would have no fear at all about bezel-set diamonds in a necklace or earrings.

You are right. I`m sure it should be OK. I`m just a bit paranoid after an experience with SS necklace that had meant a lot to me (a first gift from my now husband, then BF). It was a high quality SS necklace with opal pendant, and I loved it so much I wore it 24/7 for over a year, when a simple accidental tug just broke the chain. Thank goodness I didn''t lose the pendant, but became a bit cautious about having precious pendants on silver chains. All my other silver chains are fine, but I only wear them on and off. Plus Tiffany probably has higher quality SS anyway, so you should be fine!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

I have a thing for the Etoile solitaire and would love to get that as my engagement ring. I know I could get a much bigger diamond for the price elsewhere, but... it's Tiffany's
11.gif
I also think its design would mean I could wear it all the time without it getting in the way (I'm a doctor and have to wash my hands all the time).

I don't actually own any Tiffany pieces yet, but am hoping to remedy that soon! Any suggestions for a first ever (not too expensive) Tiffany purchase?
Hi there Vani! Welcome to our Tiffany thread!
2.gif
For a not too expensive Tiffany item: click here.

I didn't get a chance to see the Diamonds by the Yard in silver when I was at the store Satuday. But they were rather busy on that part of the store. I'm a HUGE fan of Diamonds by the Yard and have many of those items on my wish list though...I'll have to consider the silver ones....hmmmm
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Guess what? I went to Tiff's on Saturday! And it was GLORIOUS!!!
30.gif
I had 3 of my pieces steamed and afterwards I looked at the engagement rings again
36.gif
FF didn't go in with me and went to Eddie Bauer instead. Which is fine.
5.gif

Long story (kinda) short:
The silver part of the store was hopping with customers so I didn't get to look at much of that. I had to keep peeking inbetween people. The diamond side of the store however was not busy at all.
27.gif
So, they only had 1 RB Tapered Baguettes setting this time. It was 2.21ct. WAY too big on my finger. But I didn't mind wearing it around in the store while walking over to the Tiffany Settings
31.gif
31.gif

I then tried on 4 Tiffany Settings. I asked to see some general sizes I'm interested in. Told the SA "I like to keep my options "open" because I don't know what size I'd end up with!" lol So I tried on a 1.05ct, 1.38ct, .98ct, & .61ct. I really liked the 1.05 and 1.38 the best. I'd be so happy if I ended up with somewhere just over 1ct. I think it looks best on my 5.5 finger. Ideally, I think I'd love around 1.15-1.25ish. But again, who knows what size I will get when the time comes. It could very well be under 1ct which is why I like to try on sizes under 1ct just to keep myself down to earth a little bit.

I also happened to try on the Legacy wedding band with both settings. I've been curious for quite some time as to how this looks with the rings we are interested in. Turns out........I LOVE the Legacy wedding band possibly more than the Novo wedding band. Last year when FF and I looked, I saw the Novo wedding band with the Tiffany Setting and thought that was a great match! It still is but the Legacy wedding band might be more my style. One of these days probably after being engaged, that's when I can get more serious about looking at the wedding bands. I need to try on the channel set still! Not that a wedding band is too important right now.

I told FF all about it and we were discussing the Tiffany Setting the rest of the evening. YAY for Tiff's! I had my good e-ring fix and learned some new great points! I'm just so glad I can check these things out NOW instead of thinking I like one thing and then getting it, only to change my mind. No wonder FF thinks I'm indecisive when it comes to these things....I AM!
3.gif
Don't know why I always have to second guess everything. I was very happy with my Tiffany trip none the less.

Might go back out there on June 20th....
31.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 4:59:49 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Guess what? I went to Tiff''s on Saturday! And it was GLORIOUS!!!
30.gif
I had 3 of my pieces steamed and afterwards I looked at the engagement rings again
36.gif
FF didn''t go in with me and went to Eddie Bauer instead. Which is fine.
5.gif

Long story (kinda) short:
The silver part of the store was hopping with customers so I didn''t get to look at much of that. I had to keep peeking inbetween people. The diamond side of the store however was not busy at all.
27.gif
So, they only had 1 RB Tapered Baguettes setting this time. It was 2.21ct. WAY too big on my finger. But I didn''t mind wearing it around in the store while walking over to the Tiffany Settings
31.gif
31.gif

I then tried on 4 Tiffany Settings. I asked to see some general sizes I''m interested in. Told the SA ''I like to keep my options ''open'' because I don''t know what size I''d end up with!'' lol So I tried on a 1.05ct, 1.38ct, .98ct, & .61ct. I really liked the 1.05 and 1.38 the best. I''d be so happy if I ended up with somewhere just over 1ct. I think it looks best on my 5.5 finger. Ideally, I think I''d love around 1.15-1.25ish. But again, who knows what size I will get when the time comes. It could very well be under 1ct which is why I like to try on sizes under 1ct just to keep myself down to earth a little bit.

I also happened to try on the Legacy wedding band with both settings. I''ve been curious for quite some time as to how this looks with the rings we are interested in. Turns out........I LOVE the Legacy wedding band possibly more than the Novo wedding band. Last year when FF and I looked, I saw the Novo wedding band with the Tiffany Setting and thought that was a great match! It still is but the Legacy wedding band might be more my style. One of these days probably after being engaged, that''s when I can get more serious about looking at the wedding bands. I need to try on the channel set still! Not that a wedding band is too important right now.

I told FF all about it and we were discussing the Tiffany Setting the rest of the evening. YAY for Tiff''s! I had my good e-ring fix and learned some new great points! I''m just so glad I can check these things out NOW instead of thinking I like one thing and then getting it, only to change my mind. No wonder FF thinks I''m indecisive when it comes to these things....I AM!
3.gif
Don''t know why I always have to second guess everything. I was very happy with my Tiffany trip none the less.

Might go back out there on June 20th....
31.gif
Hey, dreamgirl!! Great to hear you had such an awesome time!!! I have been there just a week ago, but I already miss having those beauties on my finger!! I love the classic solitaire, but for some reason had a dream about the legacy the other day - i think that is valid reason to have to re-try these rings for peace of mind!!
31.gif

My dream size is also around the 1.25ct mark. I have tiny fingers (4.5), but really suffer from DSS - my 0.78 princess looks quite small to me now...

Are you still set on the tapered baguettes or starting to have second thoughts towards the classic setting?

What is ''steaming''?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 2:03:22 PM
Hey, dreamgirl!! Great to hear you had such an awesome time!!! I have been there just a week ago, but I already miss having those beauties on my finger!! I love the classic solitaire, but for some reason had a dream about the legacy the other day - i think that is valid reason to have to re-try these rings for peace of mind!!
31.gif

My dream size is also around the 1.25ct mark. I have tiny fingers (4.5), but really suffer from DSS - my 0.78 princess looks quite small to me now...

Are you still set on the tapered baguettes or starting to have second thoughts towards the classic setting?

What is 'steaming'?
That's one thing about PS that sometimes bothers me. How it gives me DSS....
14.gif
I'd honestly be incredibly lucky to get a ring around the 1.25ct mark. I would be thrilled beyond belief. That's all I would need....ya know? When the time comes, I don't know what his budget would be but I've told him more than once that I'm willing to shell out some of my own money to bump up the budget. He could do the time account where you put so much down and make payments. So he would pay whatever his budget is while knowing I'd chip in if his budget doesn't meet my dream size and then after engaged, I'd pay it off. But he's the type of guy that might not go for something like that. Who knows, maybe his budget would cover my dream size. Ultimately, I'd be truly happy with something just over 1ct...

You know, I go back and fourth between both settings. Last year when we looked, it was the Tiffany Setting I fell the most in love with (and you KNOW he always loved this one to begin with) while he was the one who THEN fell in love with the Tapered Baguettes on top of the Tiffany Setting. I loved it too though. It grew on me a lot since then. But I keep getting drawn back to the Tiffany Setting. I mean, honestly.....if he went with the Tiff Setting, I'd get a larger stone. And I LOVE the knife edge. Plus, the baguettes setting is harder to come by. Less options available as well as I want a blingy wedding band and I have mixed feelings about what would go with that engagement ring. I love them both and would be happy with either one, honestly. I was sort of on one of my many "dreaming of the baguettes setting" phase while he sent me a link to a photo of a Tiff Setting a couple of weeks ago. Then I transitioned over to the "dreaming of Tiff setting" phase...lol At least I'm trying to stay open about the 2 settings....

'Steaming' is when they take your silver into the back and put some anti-tarnish agent on it and put it in a steam type machine to make it all nice and silvery new for free. You could also pay an added fee to have them take out scratches and clean it pretty good but I didn't feel it was necessary this time. My silver pieces are usually in tip-top shape because I wipe my pieces off every night (if I've worn them) with the tarnish cloth Tiff's gave me and then I store them in their pouches, in their boxes, in my armor. LOL! I took my Return to Tiffany oval tag necklace and bracelet because the links are often hard to keep incredibly clean and my Figure Eight pendant which is also hard to get into those tight spaces to keep clean.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
BEZET IS HERE!!!

Don''t know if this has already been pointed out elsewhere, but half carat round is LESS than half carat pear? Weird. Full carat round is more (makes sense). I found that I actually really liked the half carat round''s proportions. If we were closer to proposal I would be hinting for that, even though I thought I wanted more like a 1-1.5 pear originally.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
For your viewing pleasure.

Bezet round

tffbezround.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bezet princess...

tffbezprincess.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bezet pear

tffbezpear.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
and lastly, the Bezet heart

tffbezheart.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
KittyBling- The thread is open! Come join! Let''s talk us some Tiff''s
31.gif
31.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Lol hello Dreamgirl, I see that this thread has been ressurected
3.gif

I have a question for you. I know from reading your posts that you are the ultimate Tiffany girl and that to get engaged with a Tiffany ring would be a dream come true for you.... buttt do you think that you might ever fall in love with a non Tiffany engagement ring?
6.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes it has! Glad you could join in. Maybe some of the formers from this thread will come back and join us once again.

I''m open to other options. I may come across like a closed book but that isn''t the case. Yes, I would be ELATED if I got a Tiffany. I wont lie! I do have my heart set on it but there is still a bit of me that is open to another option. I''ve told him before if it''s not a Tiffany then it better be something that BLOWS me away! However, if it is not a Tiffany......I DON''T want a Tiffany look-a-like. Personally I feel that copying something of the original is just utterly and completely wrong. So if he goes another way, I''d prefer something of it''s own design and uniqueness.

I see many beautiful settings but nothing really jumps out at me for something I would want. I''m a very picky person and I love the styles and edges of the Tiffany designs. I prefer classic looks and I really appreciate their customer service. While I could like custom settings, I worry about who I would take it to for service or different situations that come up. I don''t want to have to pay all the time to get something done to my ring when I can go to Tiffany''s for free.

I''m rarely impressed by something I see myself wearing. I''ve seen one ring recently in the Hyde Park window. Not sure who the designer was. But I didn''t like the prongs and the band was probably too wide for my taste.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 5:41:55 PM
Yes it has! Glad you could join in. Maybe some of the formers from this thread will come back and join us once again.

I'm open to other options. I may come across like a closed book but that isn't the case. Yes, I would be ELATED if I got a Tiffany. I wont lie! I do have my heart set on it but there is still a bit of me that is open to another option. I've told him before if it's not a Tiffany then it better be something that BLOWS me away! However, if it is not a Tiffany......I DON'T want a Tiffany look-a-like. Personally I feel that copying something of the original is just utterly and completely wrong. So if he goes another way, I'd prefer something of it's own design and uniqueness.

I see many beautiful settings but nothing really jumps out at me for something I would want. I'm a very picky person and I love the styles and edges of the Tiffany designs. I prefer classic looks and I really appreciate their customer service. While I could like custom settings, I worry about who I would take it to for service or different situations that come up. I don't want to have to pay all the time to get something done to my ring when I can go to Tiffany's for free.

I'm rarely impressed by something I see myself wearing. I've seen one ring recently in the Hyde Park window. Not sure who the designer was. But I didn't like the prongs and the band was probably too wide for my taste.

Hey DG, I have a question. You've mentioned before that you don't like the Tiff classic replicas - I'm curious: is there anything specific about the actual Tiff setting that you don't think has been or could be duplicated in a replica setting? I have a hard time seeing the differences between the Tiff setting, and the WF, BGD, and Excel replicas, so I'm genuinely curious.

ETA: Also curious - do you have a back-up, non Tiff setting in mind?
1.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 5:41:55 PM

I''m open to other options. I may come across like a closed book but that isn''t the case. Yes, I would be ELATED if I got a Tiffany. I wont lie! I do have my heart set on it but there is still a bit of me that is open to another option. I''ve told him before if it''s not a Tiffany then it better be something that BLOWS me away! However, if it is not a Tiffany......I DON''T want a Tiffany look-a-like. Personally I feel that copying something of the original is just utterly and completely wrong. So if he goes another way, I''d prefer something of it''s own design and uniqueness.

I see many beautiful settings but nothing really jumps out at me for something I would want. I''m a very picky person and I love the styles and edges of the Tiffany designs. I prefer classic looks and I really appreciate their customer service. While I could like custom settings, I worry about who I would take it to for service or different situations that come up. I don''t want to have to pay all the time to get something done to my ring when I can go to Tiffany''s for free.

I''m rarely impressed by something I see myself wearing. I''ve seen one ring recently in the Hyde Park window. Not sure who the designer was. But I didn''t like the prongs and the band was probably too wide for my taste.
I used to feel the same way as you about only wanting the original. But ever since I''ve joined up I''ve been reading up in RT a lot more and its suddenly hit me that the diamond is important too lol. I''m beginning to feel now that it makes more sense to buy the best possible diamond. I''m still not sure how I feel about buying a Tiffany replica setting but now I realise that the diamond is obviously the most important element and not just the setting. I know myself that Tiffany does sell beautiful diamonds but I have also seen ''dead'' looking diamonds there too. Actually the other day I was with a friend of mine who wants to buy a used Tiffany ring for herself because she didn''t want to pay the ''huge markup'' (her words). We were on ebay having a look and most of them have images of the certificate too. So just to check out a certain diamond I decided to put all the info into the HCA and for some reason when I put in the total depth % ( I think) the HCA would not accept that figure.
33.gif
A warning message thingy kept popping up saying that the girdle was dangerously thin or something along those lines. Basically it would not accept that figure but that was the figure on the actual certificate... That kind of left me confused.

Out of all of the replica''s I''ve seen I quite like the BGD one, which I came across yesterday. I think the head looks very very similar to the original. It says that the shank is 2.6mm thick near the diamond. I''m not sure how close that is to the original Tiffany though. Maybe someone else can chime in and let me know.
3.gif

The only other setting I like so far is the Vatche Swan and I also want to know DG if you have a back up?
27.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
KittyBling, the shank width on Tiffany settings varies depending on the diamond size. Mine is .35 ct and the shank is very thin -- I think about 1.6-1.7mm. It sits about 2.3mm high where the shank meets the diamond, tapering down to less than 2mm at the back. These measurements get proportionally bigger as the diamond size increases.

BGD did my wedding band (a not-quite replica of the Tiffany alternating-size Jazz) and they''re fantastic. They can do pretty much anything, so if you wanted a different shank width, I''m sure it wouldn''t be a problem. I certainly don''t mind having a Tiffany e-ring and the customer service is nice (I live about a block from a T&Co. store, so I stop in pretty often for cleanings), but if I could do it over again, I''d send FI to BGD in a heartbeat.

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info Octavia! I''ve seen your e- ring and the wedding band. It''s gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
It makes a very classy set. I was aware that the shank differs depending on the diamond size but I have no idea how much lol. If I did ever go down the replica route then I''d have to find out the size for the diamond I want and have the replica altered to that. I''d be looking to get 0.70- 0.90 and I''m thinking that 2.6mm would be too thick for those carat sizes... but who knows
33.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I was at Tiffany today and this is just a (very) rough estimate, but I''d say the .8ish ct rings have around a 2.2mm shank. I''m guessing that the rings with a 2.6mm shank are in the 1.5+ ct range. I could be wrong, but that''s what it looked like to me. Hope that helps!

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting that, I had absolutely no idea at all what width the ring would be for that carat size. I''ve seen quite a few rings at Tiffany''s but I''m really bad at estimating widths etc. I wonder why the replica''s are so much thicker
33.gif
I was thinking maybe the 2.6mm measurement is for the inside of the shank because the outside might appear thinner because of the knife edge.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:52:16 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Hey DG, I have a question. You''ve mentioned before that you don''t like the Tiff classic replicas - I''m curious: is there anything specific about the actual Tiff setting that you don''t think has been or could be duplicated in a replica setting? I have a hard time seeing the differences between the Tiff setting, and the WF, BGD, and Excel replicas, so I''m genuinely curious.

ETA: Also curious - do you have a back-up, non Tiff setting in mind?
1.gif
Well, I know that they are replicated and sometimes the replications look very close to the real thing. My issue is that this specific setting was the original creation of this style. No other designer had this. Charles Lewis Tiffany designed this seting back in 1886. That''s 123 years ago! This is THE O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L and true Tiffany solitare setting.

Now, I have nothing wrong with other rings at all. I think so many are beautiful. Even solitaires. It just gets me though when someone creates a knock-off version of THE Tiffany Setting. I understand that some people want the style but don''t want to pay the price so they go elsewhere to have a knock-off made and they are happy with it. And that''s fine. But for me, if I can''t have the real thing....I''m not going to copy it. I''ll just find something else original to itself.

That would be like buying a fake Coach purse from the guy at the kiosk at the mall and walking knowing it''s fake. To me, it''s a slap in the face to Coach and their original designs. It''s a slap in the face to Tiffany...

That''s all really. Maybe it''s because I''m an artist. So to me, I''d HATE to have someone copy something I''ve designed. It just seems wrong to me. But if someone painted something original then I''d think it was pretty cool. You see?

As far as non-Tiffany settings....I don''t currently have any specific setting in mind. I''ve looked at Ritani, Tacori, Beverly K, Scott Kay they were nice but I wasn''t enamored with any of the designs and couldn''t picture myself wearing any of them. Some of the Scott Kay''s were alright I guess....

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 8:42:10 AM
Author: KittyBling
I used to feel the same way as you about only wanting the original. But ever since I''ve joined up I''ve been reading up in RT a lot more and its suddenly hit me that the diamond is important too lol. I''m beginning to feel now that it makes more sense to buy the best possible diamond. I''m still not sure how I feel about buying a Tiffany replica setting but now I realise that the diamond is obviously the most important element and not just the setting. I know myself that Tiffany does sell beautiful diamonds but I have also seen ''dead'' looking diamonds there too. Actually the other day I was with a friend of mine who wants to buy a used Tiffany ring for herself because she didn''t want to pay the ''huge markup'' (her words). We were on ebay having a look and most of them have images of the certificate too. So just to check out a certain diamond I decided to put all the info into the HCA and for some reason when I put in the total depth % ( I think) the HCA would not accept that figure.
33.gif
A warning message thingy kept popping up saying that the girdle was dangerously thin or something along those lines. Basically it would not accept that figure but that was the figure on the actual certificate... That kind of left me confused.

Out of all of the replica''s I''ve seen I quite like the BGD one, which I came across yesterday. I think the head looks very very similar to the original. It says that the shank is 2.6mm thick near the diamond. I''m not sure how close that is to the original Tiffany though. Maybe someone else can chime in and let me know.
3.gif

The only other setting I like so far is the Vatche Swan and I also want to know DG if you have a back up?
27.gif
I guess it all comes down to homework. People jump to the conclusion around here that Tiffany sells horrible diamonds. But if you do some searching around here, you will find guys who bought amazing diamonds from Tiffany. So really, it''s no different than finding any diamond anywhere else.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 10:59:57 AM
Author: Octavia
KittyBling, the shank width on Tiffany settings varies depending on the diamond size. Mine is .35 ct and the shank is very thin -- I think about 1.6-1.7mm. It sits about 2.3mm high where the shank meets the diamond, tapering down to less than 2mm at the back. These measurements get proportionally bigger as the diamond size increases.
Very true. The Tiffany Setting comes in various widths because each setting is made specific to it''s stone. If you want it to be thinner or thicker than what it is, Tiffany''s will fix it to you per your request.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results