shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany LIW discussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I''m going to butt my way in ''cause I didn''t want to start a new thread, BUT..............

I just had my FIRST Tiffany ring try-on experience!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!! I just HAD to share and I figured you gals would probably appreciate it the most!
9.gif
Now, I DID go by myself because SO probably won''t kick it into gear for, like, years, but I''ve decided that I now enjoy trying on rings (even if they can''t be mine for a long, long time). I know I''ll probably never be able to convince my beloved SO to look at Tif''s rings with me, so I went ahead and did it on my own. I think I would have always wondered had I never had the experience.

They really are gorgeous, aren''t they?
30.gif

It was an enlightening experience. I thought I loved the Legacy, but really wasn''t impressed with it on my finger. Contrary to many around here, I''d never really been a Novo fan, but it turns out that it looked quite nice on my finger. Of course I absolutely LOVE the classic 6-prong, but there''s just no chance I''d be getting one big enough to look substantial on my finger. Out of all of the ones I tried on, my favorite was the bead-set RB. I really don''t like it in pictures, but it sure is purdy IRL. Oh, and I also really liked one of the ones that isn''t even technically an E-ring. Let''s see...looking up the website...the Tiffany Circlet. But, I''m REALLY liking the halos on me.

Another thing that totally surprised me was a 3-stone EC ring. It was just stunning. Maybe for a RHR someday...LOL

The sales people were really friendly and helpful this time too. It seems to be really hit and miss at my local Tif''s. *sigh* If only I had a trust fund!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Still Waiting- YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful experience!
36.gif
36.gif
Yes, this IS THE PLACE to gush about Tiffany's and we will all gush with you girl!
2.gif
And just like I've said....the rings look so much different on your finger than they do online/in the case. It's amazing isn't it!?!?? I've never seen the Tiffany Circlet in person but I think many guys are probably buying it as an e-ring. It would work just fine! I was the same way with the Tiffany Setting. Thought it was NOT ME until I tried it on an then........
30.gif
30.gif
mmmmm tasty little thing come to mama!
31.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. And for the record (as many know) I've tried on rings myself more than once and I always have a good time..hehe
31.gif
27.gif
BTW, did your FF KNOW you went and tried on rings at Tiffany? Or is it a secret?

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:49:10 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
36.gif
36.gif
Yes, this IS THE PLACE to gush about Tiffany''s and we will all gush with you girl!
2.gif
And just like I''ve said....the rings look so much different on your finger than they do online/in the case. It''s amazing isn''t it!?!?? I''ve never seen the Tiffany Circlet in person but I think many guys are probably buying it as an e-ring. It would work just fine! I was the same way with the Tiffany Setting. Thought it was NOT ME until I tried it on an then........
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif

I''m glad you enjoyed yourself. And for the record (as many know) I''ve tried on rings myself more than once and I always have a good time..hehe
31.gif
27.gif
BTW, did your FF KNOW you went and tried on rings at Tiffany? Or is it a secret?
Oh, yeah, it''s a secret!!!
11.gif
He''s COMPLETELY unaware that I''ve been trying on rings. Well, I just started last weekend. Now it''s a bit of a disease. I can''t stop! LOL Although, I have been trying to work him into the idea. I''ve been mentioning things like, "I got my RHR cleaned. It''s so sparkly now. I just can''t stop looking at it! Of course, I had to look around while I waited...lot''s a pretty stuff." LOL We had a bit of a bad experience in the fall, regarding looking at rings and jewelry stores, so I haven''t been able to work up the courage to see if he''d be willing to "just look" for fear of more hurt feelings (mine). So, until then, I''ll do it on the sly and he''ll be none-the-wiser! Hee, hee!!! It''s probably more fun without him anyway. This way I can dream as BIG as I want!
2.gif

Mmm...Tiffany''s!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:38:23 PM
Author: Still_Waiting
Oh, and I also really liked one of the ones that isn''t even technically an E-ring. Let''s see...looking up the website...the Tiffany Circlet. But, I''m REALLY liking the halos on me.
This ring was my first Tiffany love. I used to want the three stone/halo version so badly! They have jacked up the price SO much since I started looking at it. About $1000 in 3 years! But that doesn''t stop me from loving the major sparkly going on with that ring.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I''m going to butt my way in ''cause I didn''t want to start a new thread, BUT..............

I just had my FIRST Tiffany ring try-on experience!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!! I just HAD to share and I figured you gals would probably appreciate it the most!
9.gif
Now, I DID go by myself because SO probably won''t kick it into gear for, like, years, but I''ve decided that I now enjoy trying on rings (even if they can''t be mine for a long, long time). I know I''ll probably never be able to convince my beloved SO to look at Tif''s rings with me, so I went ahead and did it on my own. I think I would have always wondered had I never had the experience.

30.gif

It was an enlightening experience. I thought I loved the Legacy, but really wasn''t impressed with it on my finger. Contrary to many around here, I''d never really been a Novo fan, but it turns out that it looked quite nice on my finger. Of course I absolutely LOVE the classic 6-prong, but there''s just no chance I''d be getting one big enough to look substantial on my finger. Out of all of the ones I tried on, my favorite was the bead-set RB. I really don''t like it in pictures, but it sure is purdy IRL. Oh, and I also really liked one of the ones that isn''t even technically an E-ring. Let''s see...looking up the website...the Tiffany Circlet. But, I''m REALLY liking the halos on me.

Another thing that totally surprised me was a 3-stone EC ring. It was just stunning. Maybe for a RHR someday...LOL

The sales people were really friendly and helpful this time too. It seems to be really hit and miss at my local Tif''s. *sigh* If only I had a trust fund!

Congrats on your first Tiff ring-trying on experience! It''s definitely a great experience! I know what you mean about the Legacy. I thought I really liked it at first but when I tried it on, it just looked like too much (I am not a fan of halos anyway). Sounds like you had a blast!
1.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 9:05:57 PM
Author: Clairitek

Oh, and I also really liked one of the ones that isn''t even technically an E-ring. Let''s see...looking up the website...the Tiffany Circlet. But, I''m REALLY liking the halos on me.
This ring was my first Tiffany love. I used to want the three stone/halo version so badly! They have jacked up the price SO much since I started looking at it. About $1000 in 3 years! But that doesn''t stop me from loving the major sparkly going on with that ring.
WOW!!! That''s nuts! I''m glad someone else shares my love of that cute little ring!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 12:04:50 PM
Author: LabRatPhD

9.gif

30.gif

Congrats on your first Tiff ring-trying on experience! It''s definitely a great experience! I know what you mean about the Legacy. I thought I really liked it at first but when I tried it on, it just looked like too much (I am not a fan of halos anyway). Sounds like you had a blast!
1.gif
That''s for sure! I''m afraid if I go back I''ll never want to leave!!!
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:06:47 PM

Date: 3/12/2009 6:49:10 PM
36.gif
36.gif
Yes, this IS THE PLACE to gush about Tiffany's and we will all gush with you girl!
2.gif
And just like I've said....the rings look so much different on your finger than they do online/in the case. It's amazing isn't it!?!?? I've never seen the Tiffany Circlet in person but I think many guys are probably buying it as an e-ring. It would work just fine! I was the same way with the Tiffany Setting. Thought it was NOT ME until I tried it on an then........
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. And for the record (as many know) I've tried on rings myself more than once and I always have a good time..hehe
31.gif
27.gif
Oh, yeah, it's a secret!!!
11.gif
He's COMPLETELY unaware that I've been trying on rings. Well, I just started last weekend. Now it's a bit of a disease. I can't stop! LOL Although, I have been trying to work him into the idea. I've been mentioning things like, 'I got my RHR cleaned. It's so sparkly now. I just can't stop looking at it! Of course, I had to look around while I waited...lot's a pretty stuff.' LOL We had a bit of a bad experience in the fall, regarding looking at rings and jewelry stores, so I haven't been able to work up the courage to see if he'd be willing to 'just look' for fear of more hurt feelings (mine). So, until then, I'll do it on the sly and he'll be none-the-wiser! Hee, hee!!! It's probably more fun without him anyway. This way I can dream as BIG as I want!
2.gif

Mmm...Tiffany's!!!
OOOOOOOh I see!
27.gif
Sounds great to me though! I've looked several times myself (but told him about it anyway) I think its good therapy.....lol There isn't anything wrong with looking. Altough, it does become a bit addicting......I've been craving it for months now. lol
6.gif
3.gif

McStew

Rough_Rock
I finally had my first Tiffany ring shopping experience this weekend!
36.gif

Let me just say... WOW! All the sparkles, I''m still in a daze.
I had been to this Tiffany store before but always avoided the e-ring cases bc I didn''t want to get my hopes up. So up until yesterday, I had done all of my looking online.
The rings are soooo much prettier in person (which wasn''t surprising) and it was so neat being able to see and touch all of them. The only problem was that all of their rings are size 6 and wouldn''t fit over my fatty size 7 knuckle!
I''m pretty sure FF is on board with the ribbon ring, he absolutely loved it, and the one I "tried" on (too small for my ring finger, too big for my pinky)was right in line with his kind-of budget.
I don''t think anything is going to happen any time soon, but at least he knows what I want and how much he can expect to spend. One small step in the right direction!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful mcstew!
36.gif
So your FF was there with you?
31.gif
They can resize the rings at no charge so no worries about the sizing...

McStew

Rough_Rock
Yes, he was there. It was actually his idea to go!

And I know the rings can be resized, i just wish i could have actually tried them on to see how they look, ya know? Doesn''t matter too much, they''re gorgeous no matter what!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOO lucky you!!
30.gif
30.gif
That sounds wonderful. And I hear you, it''s too bad they can''t fit while trying them on. I guess you could always go back and pretend they fit, slip the one on you like (or push it on) and then say "OOPSIES! Looks like it''s stuck and I''ll have to leave the store with it on!"
6.gif
31.gif
27.gif

McStew

Rough_Rock
I thought it was the norm for places to have their "in store" rings a little larger than average so that people could just slip them on and get an idea of how they look on their fingers.

We''ve got two stores out here, and I kind of want to go to the other one to see what they''ve got. The one we went to last night only had 3 of the ribbon rings, ranging from .3-.9 carats. I would like to see how the setting looks with something in the .70-.85 size range, see if we can save a few bucks!

I''m pretty sure the trip was an attempt to get me to "shutup about it" for a while, but I think it just added fuel to the fire! FF is in for a treat!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 5:03:16 PM
Author: McStew
I''m pretty sure the trip was an attempt to get me to ''shutup about it'' for a while, but I think it just added fuel to the fire! FF is in for a treat!
hahaha I may possibly KNOW what THAT''S like..
31.gif
31.gif
6.gif
27.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 5:16:21 PM
Date: 3/16/2009 5:03:16 PM

I''m pretty sure the trip was an attempt to get me to ''shutup about it'' for a while, but I think it just added fuel to the fire! FF is in for a treat!
hahaha I may possibly KNOW what THAT''S like..
31.gif
31.gif
6.gif
27.gif

Yeah, going to Tiffany''s makes me want to talk about it more

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

30.gif

Congratulations!! Your first Tiffany try-on experience!! It`s a milestone!!!LOL... It only gets more addictive from here! You never know, your SO might surprise you and might want to go check out Tiffany with you at some stage. Guys are so unpredictable in these things.

I agree with you that the Tiffany Classic Setting needs to have a nice big RB in there to look good and substantial on some people, i.e. me.
8.gif
I LOVE the ring, but even the ~1 ct size really doesn''t look good on me.

Forgive my ignorance, but I actually had to go to the Tiff site and look up the circlet ring. It`s really beautiful! And I love all the matching earrings/pendants et.
3.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:21:45 PM
I finally had my first Tiffany ring shopping experience this weekend!
36.gif

Let me just say... WOW! All the sparkles, I''m still in a daze.
I had been to this Tiffany store before but always avoided the e-ring cases bc I didn''t want to get my hopes up. So up until yesterday, I had done all of my looking online.
The rings are soooo much prettier in person (which wasn''t surprising) and it was so neat being able to see and touch all of them. The only problem was that all of their rings are size 6 and wouldn''t fit over my fatty size 7 knuckle!
I''m pretty sure FF is on board with the ribbon ring, he absolutely loved it, and the one I ''tried'' on (too small for my ring finger, too big for my pinky)was right in line with his kind-of budget.
I don''t think anything is going to happen any time soon, but at least he knows what I want and how much he can expect to spend. One small step in the right direction!
McStew, that`s very exciting!!! And the best part is you got to share it with your FF plus he loves the same ring as you!! Doesn''t get better than that!

Sorry to hear they only stock size 6. I usually have the opposite problem, they`re all too big for me (I`m size 4.5) and I have to try to ''imagine'' how it`s gonna sit and how big the centre stone will look on my finger when resized... I must say though I don''t mind imagining a Tiffany wedding set on my finger at any time of the day/night...
3.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
McStew - congrats on your first Tiffany e-ring experience! The ribbon ring is darling and that is fantastic that he loves it and fits into his budget! It is so hard to not get your SO involved in the Tiffany mania. I kept talking to my SO about the Novo and the Tiffany setting for days on end to the point that he just wanted to buy the ring to be over with it! The only way to quiet us is to deliver the goods
31.gif
!

Chiquitapet - yes the standard e-ring size at Tiffany is 6 and it is really difficult to tell what the proportion of the diamond on the ring will look like if your finger is a lot smaller or bigger than the size 6. My finger size is a 2.5 and one of the reasons I opted to not get the Novo was because the stones in the band would not be as visible since the ring was being sized down so much. To me it didn''t seem worth the difference in cost to have a band with stones that really can''t be seen from the front. If my finger were bigger, it may have been a different story. Oh well, I definitely can''t complain!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I almost forgot to tell you ladies I had a Tiffany dream last night
30.gif
30.gif

I dreamt that I went into a Tiffany's (somewhere) alone and they were in the midst of a remodel. I said I wanted to look at the engagement rings and the SA lady took me to a counter. But there were no rings in there. So we go to another counter, not their either!
6.gif
20.gif
Well then another SA tells her that they are in the back in the attic
33.gif
so she climbs this ladder and takes down all these boxes and opens them and finds all this old stuff that they used to sell but no longer do. So we were playing and having fun when she opens the rings box
30.gif
31.gif
FINALLY!! So I'm playing and trying on rings when suddenly.....I see FF walk in the door asking to look at engagement rings.
6.gif
27.gif
I ducked behind a counter, grabbed the SA and pulled her down next to me and told her that was my boyfriend!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
3.gif
Then I remember squirming on the ground to get behind another counter as another SA was bringing FF over to show the rings...lol

I don't remember the rest. Just thought I'd post. lol

gossipgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies quick question....does anyone know the width of the classic Tiffany Setting and the Novo? (I read somewhere here I think that the Nov is 2.2mm?)

Thanks in Advance! :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello gossipgirl! The Tiffany Setting varies in band width based on the carat size of the diamond. The larger the diamond, the wider the band. However, it is still fairly thin even with larger diamonds. I'd say under 3mm for a larger diamond setting. The Novo band is incredibly thin (I think only 2mm) and delicate...Both are GORGEOUS!!!

gossipgirl

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 1:21:38 AM
Hello gossipgirl! The Tiffany Setting varies in band width based on the carat size of the diamond. The larger the diamond, the wider the band. However, it is still fairly thin even with larger diamonds. I''d say under 3mm for a larger diamond setting. The Novo band is incredibly thin (I think only 2mm) and delicate...Both are GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks Dreamgirl!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tiff girls!

I have to come out of lurkdom on this thread to say OMG I think the Bezet bezelled pear has made me appreciate PEARS! And BEZELS!! What is happening? My brain is readjusting! If not in a ring - although the ring is gorgeous - then on a pendant. Pear diamonds! Who''d have thought?!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 11:12:53 AM
Author: gossipgirl
Date: 3/21/2009 1:21:38 AM

Hello gossipgirl! The Tiffany Setting varies in band width based on the carat size of the diamond. The larger the diamond, the wider the band. However, it is still fairly thin even with larger diamonds. I'd say under 3mm for a larger diamond setting. The Novo band is incredibly thin (I think only 2mm) and delicate...Both are GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks Dreamgirl!!

hello Dreamgirl (and everyone else)

I'm not expecting particularly that you caught my thread on my e-ring upgrade...
I posted a couple of days ago in relation to the size of the shank.

It's a tiff - STYLE, but in YG, and I was 'worried' that the traditional (older) style shank would be too wide, particularly when rendered in the YG.
The shank was originally 3.25 wide, adjusted to my diamond, but after discussing it with me, the jewellery took it back to 2.5mm.

I'm actually pretty happy with how that worked out, the plain (matching knifes edge) wedding band will be 2.9mm.

Just for reference, would anyone have any idea what the width of an actual current Tiffany setting is for a 1.11c diamond?

I wonder what the original style width would have been?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 12:52:47 PM
Author: LaraOnline
hello Dreamgirl (and everyone else)

I''m not expecting particularly that you caught my thread on my e-ring upgrade...
I posted a couple of days ago in relation to the size of the shank.

It''s a tiff - STYLE, but in YG, and I was ''worried'' that the traditional (older) style shank would be too wide, particularly when rendered in the YG.
The shank was originally 3.25 wide, adjusted to my diamond, but after discussing it with me, the jewellery took it back to 2.5mm.

I''m actually pretty happy with how that worked out, the plain (matching knifes edge) wedding band will be 2.9mm.

Just for reference, would anyone have any idea what the width of an actual current Tiffany setting is for a 1.11c diamond?

I wonder what the original style width would have been?
I did catch it. I''m very happy you got your upgrade!!!

As far as the width on the actual Tiffany Setting, it really varies by each ring itself. I believe it would be somewhere just over 2mm wide however.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bringing this thread back to life....I found it quite enjoyable.

Any of my Tiffany LIW's still out there? Chime in!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
**crickets**

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think I may have found my RHR. I went in to get my bean necklace polished, and I tried on an emerald-cut prasiolite (green quartz) and did not want to take it off. I am in love with the color. Also, it fits much better into my grad-student budget than the beautiful-but-way-too-expensive emerald cocktail ring.
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 11:49:18 PM
Author: misskitty
I think I may have found my RHR. I went in to get my bean necklace polished, and I tried on an emerald-cut prasiolite (green quartz) and did not want to take it off. I am in love with the color. Also, it fits much better into my grad-student budget than the beautiful-but-way-too-expensive emerald cocktail ring.
3.gif
OOOO! Sounds tasty
31.gif
Did you happen to walk by the e-rings while you were there?

I've got the Bean pendant too! It's always been one of my fav's. I would love to have this Bean bracelet...(its on my list)

epbeanbrac.jpg

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love the bean bracelet! I did not actually browse e-rings, there were a lot of couples in that area of the store and I didn''t want to butt in.

Here''s a pic of the ring I like, although it looks so much better in person:

tcorhr.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results