shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany LIW discussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring! I haven't seen it in the store but I think it looks gorgeous. What's the ct size?

I hear you on not wanting to "butt" in to look at rings. I've had to avoid the area at times if there were couples seriously looking and I'm just browsing to tame my future engagement ring thoughts lol! Same thing with FF. If there are others over there, he doesn't want to bother the SA's when we are just "looking"

Maybe one of these days we will be the couple who is seriously looking and I get all the attention.
3.gif
We've looked together (just once) almost a year ago to this day- with a SA, trying engagement rings on. And while we were "looking/looking" semi-seriously, it wasn't seriously looking because he was not planning on buying one in the months to come....it was more just something that happened while in the store to try rings on and see which settings we liked best.

Speaking of all this, I've been getting another ITCH to go look at the engagement rings again. I think because it's almost a year since we looked together and I want to look again! That, and he sent me a link to what he thought was a Tiffany ring he found online 2 weeks ago and since then It's been on my mind.
31.gif
On the other hand, because he lost his job, I can't drag him in there without a job! Oh well, I'll go sometime...I'm in no hurry.

WAIT! I just thought of something. HE SENT ME a link to what he thought was a Tiffany ring while jobless. Maybe I SHOULD drag him into Tiffany then...lol (kidding of course) The most important thing right now is finding a good job that he will be happy with.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
It''s ~ 9ct. It''s totally huge, but I love it.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
The Tiffany thread resurrected! YEY!!

First of all, misskitty, the green quartz ring looks awesome!! I love that colour!

Second of all, I went to Tiffany''s today: like you, dreamgirl, I had an itch I needed to look at those e-rings again. How lucky was I, there was nobody there! I had a SA to take care of me for a whole 40 mins!! I tried four of the classics, including the matching w-bands. I tried the Legacy (for the first time ever), which suprisingly looked quite nice on me, the Lucida, the classic Tiffany setting, and of course my love the Novo. Well, let me tell you, there has been an interesting change of events. I will no longer be dreaming of the Novo - from now on I`m in love with the classic solitaire. I know it`s scary how easily I change my mind... I`d better be damn sure before I spend a fortune in there one day! I tried on a 1.58ct H VS1 solitaire, which looked amazing with channel set w-ring. The diamond didn''t sparkle as much as I would expect, but that set was stunning.

The SA wrote down for me all specifications necessary for HCA. Sure enough, it scores a 4 on HCA. Very, very disappointing. Not because I wanted that particular ring, but because I didn''t expect such poor performance from a Tiffany diamond. Now I understand when people say you gotta do your research, even at Tiffany`s. Rationally, I should stay away from Tiffany - the mark-up, not the best cut diamonds... but there''s something about Tiffany''s that defies logic and ''keeps pulling me back''.
27.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
So... when is the bezet hitting stores, anyway? I would really like to try on the pear.

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
I''m secretly hoping for a tiffany ring. i would never say what i wanted though i did say that i want an emerald. it kinda sucks b/c we live right near jewelers row in philly, so i know that is where he would go. (so predictable) i just wish there was some hint that i could give..when the time comes of course..to say i REALLY want a tiffany ring without deligating to him what i want. weve already had the whole "suprise" discussion as most of you already know.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 3:01:36 PM
Author: sweetliloldme
I''m secretly hoping for a tiffany ring. i would never say what i wanted though i did say that i want an emerald. it kinda sucks b/c we live right near jewelers row in philly, so i know that is where he would go. (so predictable) i just wish there was some hint that i could give..when the time comes of course..to say i REALLY want a tiffany ring without deligating to him what i want. weve already had the whole ''suprise'' discussion as most of you already know.
I''m sure you can find a way to drop the hint ;-) Especially with a Tiffany ad from a magazine in your lap.

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 3:05:01 PM
Author: suchende

I''m secretly hoping for a tiffany ring. i would never say what i wanted though i did say that i want an emerald. it kinda sucks b/c we live right near jewelers row in philly, so i know that is where he would go. (so predictable) i just wish there was some hint that i could give..when the time comes of course..to say i REALLY want a tiffany ring without deligating to him what i want. weve already had the whole ''suprise'' discussion as most of you already know.
I''m sure you can find a way to drop the hint ;-) Especially with a Tiffany ad from a magazine in your lap.
trust me, i thought about it. but he''s so dense sometimes that it would really go wayyyy over his head!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Tiffany gals reunited! lol
36.gif

misskitty- Yeah, that sounds like quite the ring!

chiquita- Uh oh! Sounds EXACTLY like me last year at this time! I had a huge gush-fest over it: link here. Check this out...I''m quoting myself from last May here:
"Funny thing is, after trying on the Tiffany Setting instead of just looking at it all the time made a HUGE difference in my opinion of it. I always thought it was incredibly beautiful and elegant but just "not me." Well after yesterday, I think I LOVE the Tiffany Setting now. I really fell in love with the knife edge band as well! It looks so much better on my hand than in the case! haha! I sure thought the Novo was going to hopefully be my ring someday but I really like how the diamond stands all on its own on the Tiffany Setting." This is how I moved on from the Novo to the Tiffany Setting and the Tapered Baguettes setting.

suchende- Welcome to our thread! It was supposed to happen this May so I''m assuming they are in stores now? I''m curious to see them even tough I''m not interested in that style.

sweetliloldme- Why not just up front bluntly tell him that is what you would like?!? I do it all the time! ha!
6.gif
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 3:41:14 PM

Date: 5/6/2009 3:05:01 PM
trust me, i thought about it. but he''s so dense sometimes that it would really go wayyyy over his head!!
lol I''ve done the "CHECK OUT this ad" to FF several times. I''ve done so well that now he''s showing me too!
5.gif

sweetliloldme- Do the blatant hint. The in-your-face-this-is-what-I-want trick. I''m sure he will get it then! lol

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, dreamgirl! They have the bands but not the solitaires on the website, I saw they''re supposed to be out this month. The closest Tiffany is too far from me to visit casually
7.gif
or I would go check.

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
lmao..then he won''t have a choice..
12.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Free will is over-rated, especially when it comes to engagement ring selection.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
You can always grab a blue book and leave it in a strategic place, like on his nightstand or in his briefcase
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 4:24:40 PM
Thank you, dreamgirl! They have the bands but not the solitaires on the website, I saw they're supposed to be out this month. The closest Tiffany is too far from me to visit casually
7.gif
or I would go check.
Yeah I know it. I've been checking every other day to see if they put it on there and if that might lower the prices on the Tiffany Setting. My old SA told me part of the reason the Tiffany Setting was lowered in price a while back ago was because of the Princess Cut Setting coming out. But the Princess Cut is based off the Tiffany Setting and the Bezet is a whole other deal...so I'll bet pricing wont come down any for that reason.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 5:02:18 PM
Author: misskitty
You can always grab a blue book and leave it in a strategic place, like on his nightstand or in his briefcase
2.gif
What you need to do is get the Tiffany diamond engagement ring book they should have over by the rings and place that somewhere nice and handy for him to see
3.gif

I''ve got 2 of them from 2 different trips there. And while FF has seen one of them with me, I''ve got the other one for him that I never gave to him yet. I''ve been wanting to place it somewhere for him but wanted to write a few notes in there about the settings we like before I give it to him. Never got around to it yet. I''ve had that second book since December I think...lol!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
You need to be crystal clear and tell him exactly what you want. Otherwise you will be disappointed and it`ll be too late (as per one of the current threads). I feel guys in general don''t get hints. Plus, lots of guys find it quite stressful looking for the perfect e-ring, and if they have some direction, it`ll make the whole experience more pleasant for everyone.
2.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 4:22:14 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
36.gif

chiquita- Uh oh! Sounds EXACTLY like me last year at this time! I had a huge gush-fest over it: link here. Check this out...I''m quoting myself from last May here:
''Funny thing is, after trying on the Tiffany Setting instead of just looking at it all the time made a HUGE difference in my opinion of it. I always thought it was incredibly beautiful and elegant but just ''not me.'' Well after yesterday, I think I LOVE the Tiffany Setting now. I really fell in love with the knife edge band as well! It looks so much better on my hand than in the case! haha! I sure thought the Novo was going to hopefully be my ring someday but I really like how the diamond stands all on its own on the Tiffany Setting.'' This is how I moved on from the Novo to the Tiffany Setting and the Tapered Baguettes setting.

suchende- Welcome to our thread! It was supposed to happen this May so I''m assuming they are in stores now? I''m curious to see them even tough I''m not interested in that style.

sweetliloldme- Why not just up front bluntly tell him that is what you would like?!? I do it all the time! ha!
6.gif
3.gif

OMG... that''s creepy!
6.gif

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
i know, and i''ve thought about it. the reason i say "secretly" is because the reason/excuse that im getting for us not being engagged is that we don''t have the money for a wedding right now blah blah blah. so money being the issue (he could afford a payment plan + the trade in that he has from previous ring) so though i really want a tiffany and desirve one, i don''t think im in the possition to be saying get me this ring that''s gonna run 15, 000k when i would be happy with ANYTHING at this point. thought i think im gonna take your advice. visit the tiffany store (2 blocks from my work) and pick up a booklet. Then ill just put it in his work bag..or his desk at work..or with the remote for the tv..hehe
2.gif
nothing wrong with that.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:10:10 AM
i know, and i''ve thought about it. the reason i say ''secretly'' is because the reason/excuse that im getting for us not being engagged is that we don''t have the money for a wedding right now blah blah blah. so money being the issue (he could afford a payment plan + the trade in that he has from previous ring) so though i really want a tiffany and desirve one, i don''t think im in the possition to be saying get me this ring that''s gonna run 15, 000k when i would be happy with ANYTHING at this point. thought i think im gonna take your advice. visit the tiffany store (2 blocks from my work) and pick up a booklet. Then ill just put it in his work bag..or his desk at work..or with the remote for the tv..hehe
2.gif
nothing wrong with that.
IIRC, he just graduated from law school, right? It''s scary out there for fresh law school grads, I can see why he would be nervous about $$.

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
i know all too well. lol. trust me theres sooo much more that goes into it though. im not sure if you''ve read some of my initial posts or not, but you would understand if you did.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:37:51 AM
i know all too well. lol. trust me theres sooo much more that goes into it though. im not sure if you''ve read some of my initial posts or not, but you would understand if you did.
Only about your engagement chicken... Do you have your own thread somewhere that could catch me up?

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
yepp..a few. the first was probably back in april..1st maybe?

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Hey Tiff girls! Glad to see this thread is up and running again. I have been so busy at school that I have only had time for brief lurking
8.gif

No engagement for me yet
8.gif
In the last several weeks, SO''s grandma passed away and his mom was in Japan for a few months taking care of the remaining family affairs. I told SO that I don''t mind waiting for things on his side of the family to calm down. I think it will happen very very soon though because I can tell SO is getting antsy about making it official!

Chiquitapet - I see you have also converted from being a Novo fan to a Tiffany setting fan! It''s funny how it seems to happen to people. Both SO and I were surprised when I changed my mind so quickly. It really is a beautiful setting, even though it is simple.
Yes there is a disappointment that comes with seeing Tiffany stones not being necessarily the best out there. I learned this very quickly. That being said, if I had to do it all over again, I would still go the route we did. I did the research and got the best cut stone I could find. I got the ring of my dreams and didn''t really have to sacrifice anything.
30.gif
Plus , knowing it is from Tiffany certainly doesn''t hurt!
31.gif
If you love Tiffany and your budget permits, you should definitely go for what you want!

LOL, my SO has no problem asking me to tell him what I want (or even what he wants!) - this is why we went ring shopping together. I hate surprises and it really took the pressure off of him. He loved seeing me try on rings and we talked about which settings, sizes we liked together. It was really sweet that we made the decision together. SO even got a little choked up after he bought the ring because he was excited that we were finally going to make it official. I know not all couples are like this, but different strokes for different folks.
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 9:22:36 PM
Author: chiquitapet

Date: 5/6/2009 4:22:14 PM
36.gif

''Funny thing is, after trying on the Tiffany Setting instead of just looking at it all the time made a HUGE difference in my opinion of it. I always thought it was incredibly beautiful and elegant but just ''not me.'' Well after yesterday, I think I LOVE the Tiffany Setting now. I really fell in love with the knife edge band as well! It looks so much better on my hand than in the case! haha! I sure thought the Novo was going to hopefully be my ring someday but I really like how the diamond stands all on its own on the Tiffany Setting.'' This is how I moved on from the Novo to the Tiffany Setting and the Tapered Baguettes setting.

6.gif
3.gif

OMG... that''s creepy!
6.gif
I know it! That''s why when I read your post I about fell out of my chair..............
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 12:40:45 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
Chiquitapet - I see you have also converted from being a Novo fan to a Tiffany setting fan! It's funny how it seems to happen to people. Both SO and I were surprised when I changed my mind so quickly. It really is a beautiful setting, even though it is simple.
Yes there is a disappointment that comes with seeing Tiffany stones not being necessarily the best out there. I learned this very quickly. That being said, if I had to do it all over again, I would still go the route we did. I did the research and got the best cut stone I could find. I got the ring of my dreams and didn't really have to sacrifice anything.
30.gif
Plus , knowing it is from Tiffany certainly doesn't hurt!
31.gif
If you love Tiffany and your budget permits, you should definitely go for what you want!
Too bad we all dont live in the same city. It's insane how we all went thru the same transition. SO has been pointing out the Tiffany Setting FOR YEARS now and I always said "noooooooooooooo!" lol Then I try it on one day and it was true love from that day on. lol I felt like such a fool at that point because I was never interested in it. And since then, a few times he's told me something like "See, I know what's good for you!"
30.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:10:10 AM
i know, and i''ve thought about it. the reason i say ''secretly'' is because the reason/excuse that im getting for us not being engagged is that we don''t have the money for a wedding right now blah blah blah. so money being the issue (he could afford a payment plan + the trade in that he has from previous ring) so though i really want a tiffany and desirve one, i don''t think im in the possition to be saying get me this ring that''s gonna run 15, 000k when i would be happy with ANYTHING at this point. thought i think im gonna take your advice. visit the tiffany store (2 blocks from my work) and pick up a booklet. Then ill just put it in his work bag..or his desk at work..or with the remote for the tv..hehe
2.gif
nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, in that case, I think you`re doing the right thing... just a little hint here and there is probably all you can do... when we got married, we had no money for ring/fancy wedding and I didn''t get my e-ring until couple of years after we were married... and even at that time I was still in med school and poor... now we`re in much more comfortable position, so I allowed myself to start dreaming about Tiffany''s...
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Labrat, so sorry to hear about your SO''s grandma. I hope your SO is not taking it too hard and everything will calm down soon. I can''t wait for you two to make it official so that we can drool over the many pictures you will post for us! (I already have that one photo taken on your phone in my ''wishlist folder''...)
3.gif

The change from Novo to Classic really happened very quickly!! And eventhough we know we can get a better and bigger stone elsewhere, DH and I really want to go the Tiffany route too. There''s something very special about it. I`m not planning to advertise to anyone amongs friends/family (except mum and little sisters) that we got Tiffany, it`s just for me and DH (and PS!) to know... So going with Tiffany for us would not be about getting ''braging rights'' (as one of PSers called getting Tiffany) at all because the moment my friends, colleagues and rest of my family find out, they`re gonna think I`m a spoiled materialistic b****. OMG, I just realised, maybe I am one!!!
11.gif
27.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 4:43:50 PM

Chiquitapet - I see you have also converted from being a Novo fan to a Tiffany setting fan! It''s funny how it seems to happen to people. Both SO and I were surprised when I changed my mind so quickly. It really is a beautiful setting, even though it is simple.
Yes there is a disappointment that comes with seeing Tiffany stones not being necessarily the best out there. I learned this very quickly. That being said, if I had to do it all over again, I would still go the route we did. I did the research and got the best cut stone I could find. I got the ring of my dreams and didn''t really have to sacrifice anything.
30.gif
Plus , knowing it is from Tiffany certainly doesn''t hurt!
31.gif
Too bad we all dont live in the same city. It''s insane how we all went thru the same transition. SO has been pointing out the Tiffany Setting FOR YEARS now and I always said ''noooooooooooooo!'' lol Then I try it on one day and it was true love from that day on. lol I felt like such a fool at that point because I was never interested in it. And since then, a few times he''s told me something like ''See, I know what''s good for you!''
30.gif

Oh!! That would be so awesome!!! We could have regular fortnightly (or weekly?) trips to Tiffany`s for our dose of bling!!! NONE of my friends are into diamonds, let alone Tiffany''s!! When my friend got engaged last year, I was more excited about her getting an e-ring than she was!! I tried to educate her about diamonds, showed her PS and whiteflash and everything, and when I finally saw the diamond she got, it was huge but no sparkle...well, I tried.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
We should have "organized" trips to T&Co., in our respective cities
9.gif

I was at the mall today and saw a girl with a little blue bag, and I totally wanted to ask what she bought, but I realized that it might''ve sounded way creepy.
7.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
No engagement for me yet
8.gif
In the last several weeks, SO''s grandma passed away and his mom was in Japan for a few months taking care of the remaining family affairs. I told SO that I don''t mind waiting for things on his side of the family to calm down. I think it will happen very very soon though because I can tell SO is getting antsy about making it official!
So sorry to hear about his grandma LabRat....**HUGS** I feel your sadness. SO''s grandma had a stroke in March and isn''t doing so well...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results