shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Diamond Specs

P

Petalouda

There is a CBI h/vs super ideal (on hold) for 35k with HPD... will you share what T& Co sells such a stone for? Educate us. Thanks.

You can actually search diamonds on the Tiffany site now. When you click on “love and engagement” you can go to the engagement ring section and click on the classic solitaire setting. Then you can click on diamond search and input your parameters.

L

lydial

You can actually search diamonds on the Tiffany site now. When you click on “love and engagement” you can go to the engagement ring section and click on the classic solitaire setting. Then you can click on diamond search and input your parameters.

Hardly any are there, 6 figures for a2.5 e? Really?

L

lydial

And: HPD has an F that is 3.6 ct for 17 k less ... still 6 figures but whoaT&Co! Rein it in!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a super ideal cut stone - 2.56 carats, G, VS1. Posted for the price comparison even though the Tiffany stone is an H, VS2, it will give you something to compare to.

So I found a 2.31 G, VS1 diamond on the website for $64000 and that one hasn't hit the 2.50 mark so I am assuming it would be quite a bit more. I certainly understand the lure of the 'Tiffany diamond' but wow - such a huge markup for a diamond that probably isn't as well cut as the super ideals. I have had several Tiffany wedding bands and I do love their quality and workmanship but for the diamond itself, I'd have to go for the quality cut a super ideal at a substantially lower price point. However, everyone has different criteria for buying a diamond so if it has to be a Tiffany diamond at least you have some price comparison info.

P

Petalouda

Hi @astara25 I have a Tiffany ring and I love it. Mine is 1.37 G VVS and we bought in 2009. The markup at the time when we looked at similar diamonds wasn’t really as much. Of course markups at the 1 carat range are less than at the 2 carat range. Just very recently we looked at utilizing Tiffany’s upgrade program for a diamond similar in size to what you’re looking at. We decided to go a different direction because we love our original Tiffany ring and wanted to keep it. It sounded crazy to even think about getting such an inflated diamond but we love the brand, the setting, and have had stellar service throughout the years at Tiffany.

We ended up purchasing a Canera Hearts and Arrows stone but the ring is still in production and we haven’t seen it. I guess my point is, yes you’ll pay a lot more at Tiffany’s. Everyone knows that. But if the ring you’re looking at makes your heart sing and you don’t want a close replica, I hear you! I wish you the best of luck in your search!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I am not sure exactly what your budget is, but looking at the at the pavè solitaire prices online, one with a 2.5ct diamond seems to start around $80k.

This is probably the best and arguably an even better than the original alternative:

Assuming an $80k budget, you can go for a stone like this:

Or chose a lower priced/smaller stone like any of the below:

You need to decide what is important to you, but know that you have other non T&Co. options.

astara25

Rough_Rock
So I found a 2.31 G, VS1 diamond on the website for $64000 and that one hasn't hit the 2.50 mark so I am assuming it would be quite a bit more. I certainly understand the lure of the 'Tiffany diamond' but wow - such a huge markup for a diamond that probably isn't as well cut as the super ideals. I have had several Tiffany wedding bands and I do love their quality and workmanship but for the diamond itself, I'd have to go for the quality cut a super ideal at a substantially lower price point. However, everyone has different criteria for buying a diamond so if it has to be a Tiffany diamond at least you have some price comparison info.

HI All, Ok, so she really wants the anniversary pave setting and the detailing of it is top notch. The initial ring i brought up is 78k, with the setting being around 6500. If you go up into the D/IF category 2.5ct can run up to 185k!!

astara25

Rough_Rock
Hi @astara25 I have a Tiffany ring and I love it. Mine is 1.37 G VVS and we bought in 2009. The markup at the time when we looked at similar diamonds wasn’t really as much. Of course markups at the 1 carat range are less than at the 2 carat range. Just very recently we looked at utilizing Tiffany’s upgrade program for a diamond similar in size to what you’re looking at. We decided to go a different direction because we love our original Tiffany ring and wanted to keep it. It sounded crazy to even think about getting such an inflated diamond but we love the brand, the setting, and have had stellar service throughout the years at Tiffany.

We ended up purchasing a Canera Hearts and Arrows stone but the ring is still in production and we haven’t seen it. I guess my point is, yes you’ll pay a lot more at Tiffany’s. Everyone knows that. But if the ring you’re looking at makes your heart sing and you don’t want a close replica, I hear you! I wish you the best of luck in your search!

Thank you so much for your input and personal experience/decision. That's the thing, she loves the pave solitaire setting which i can only get at Tiffany's (not sure how i feel about a replica of that for various reasons but mostly quality) but at the same time i know i can probably get a better diamond for far less money. It's a tough one!

astara25

Rough_Rock
Hardly any are there, 6 figures for a2.5 e? Really?

btw, I called customer service and confirmed that the online selection is very small vs overall inventory so best to call if you are looking for a broader selection. even so, as i think others have pointed out on this site, their inventory especially in the 1.5/2 ct+ range is extremely limited considering the number of stores globally. I was quite shocked at how limited!

astara25

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the other options and research. This is really an incredible site/community! :razz:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The good news is you are getting information here that gives you options and comparisons on price. There are several designers around here that can certainly give you a quality setting but of course it won’t be identical to the Tiffany setting. I don’t mean to challenge her idea of the perfect setting but in terms of the overall ring, the diamond is much more valuable than the setting - no matter where you purchase it. I would be more concerned with the diamond - cut quality being the most important. Yes a D IF diamond will be far pricier than a H VS2 so you have to decide on what size, color and clarity you really want. Look at the super ideal vendors here in terms of what they offer as opposed to Tiffany and the different price points. In that respect, you will be going in with your eyes wide open. An educated customer is definitely the best kind to be! If the Tiffany ring still seems to be the ticket for you and your lady, you will have the facts up front instead of learning them later on down the road after your money has been spent. All the best with whatever you choose!

astara25

Rough_Rock
Absolutely....and i think this site helped me determine the cut (ideal or excellent), color F-H, clarity VVS2 - VS1 and i agree with what you are saying about paying for the diamond (vs setting). Thank you for your input!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely....and i think this site helped me determine the cut (ideal or excellent), color F-H, clarity VVS2 - VS1 and i agree with what you are saying about paying for the diamond (vs setting). Thank you for your input!

Anytime - there is a wealth of knowledge to be had here from many members. Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or comments!

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
I was in the same boat as you! I also thought I wanted a Tiffany setting as well (also the Tiffany Anniversary Setting). But after seeing the difference in quality of the diamonds they have vs the super ideal diamonds online, I ended up getting Whiteflash A Cut Above Diamond.

I wanted the “Tiffany Experience” as well, but in the end felt that having a perfectly cut diamond that just dances like no other was more important to me. The diamond is what I will see everyday. Not the Tiffany logo on the inside of the band.

I actually went to Tiffany again to take a look today and their diamonds did just not compare to the super ideals.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI All, Ok, so she really wants the anniversary pave setting and the detailing of it is top notch. The initial ring i brought up is 78k, with the setting being around 6500. If you go up into the D/IF category 2.5ct can run up to 185k!!

The good news is that Victor Canera actually makes a ring just like that Tiffany anniversary pave setting, likely much nicer and the total price would be a LOT less!

I’m actually pretty sure a PSer has that ring but will need to search for it....
ETA: It is and here is the thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wonderful-experience-at-vc-for-my-h-a-pave-ring.250696/

@astara25 in light of the post by @ac117, I would now speak to your girlfriend and ask her what she would prefer - the Tiffany box, or a similar high-quality ring (but bigger, or higher specs, or much cheaper) from another jeweler? For some people they just want a sparkly pretty ring, so all she might mean is that she likes the Tiffany style without needing the Tiffany box. Some people find that the brand really matters, at which you’ll have to stick to Tiffany. Which one is your SO? Only she can answer. You can also always get your ring somewhere else and your wedding bands at Tiffany, just a thought.

astara25

Rough_Rock
I was in the same boat as you! I also thought I wanted a Tiffany setting as well (also the Tiffany Anniversary Setting). But after seeing the difference in quality of the diamonds they have vs the super ideal diamonds online, I ended up getting Whiteflash A Cut Above Diamond.

I wanted the “Tiffany Experience” as well, but in the end felt that having a perfectly cut diamond that just dances like no other was more important to me. The diamond is what I will see everyday. Not the Tiffany logo on the inside of the band.

I actually went to Tiffany again to take a look today and their diamonds did just not compare to the super ideals.

Well that's something! Thank you so much for your feedback. I think it is clear that I need to take a look at Whiteflash and Victor Canera for starters....

astara25

Rough_Rock
The good news is that Victor Canera actually makes a ring just like that Tiffany anniversary pave setting, likely much nicer and the total price would be a LOT less!

I’m actually pretty sure a PSer has that ring but will need to search for it....
ETA: It is and here is the thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wonderful-experience-at-vc-for-my-h-a-pave-ring.250696/

Wow, let me take a look at the review for it! Thanks so much. I've heard of Victor Canera custom rings but don't know much about him/them, so will have to dig in a bit....

astara25

Rough_Rock
@astara25 in light of the post by @ac117, I would now speak to your girlfriend and ask her what she would prefer - the Tiffany box, or a similar high-quality ring (but bigger, or higher specs, or much cheaper) from another jeweler? For some people they just want a sparkly pretty ring, so all she might mean is that she likes the Tiffany style without needing the Tiffany box. Some people find that the brand really matters, at which you’ll have to stick to Tiffany. Which one is your SO? Only she can answer. You can also always get your ring somewhere else and your wedding bands at Tiffany, just a thought.

True. I know she doesn't care about the box itself (as much as many people do, which i find a bit ridiculous) and not even so much the experience (it's good but not outstanding and definitely not worth the overhead imho). I think it;s more about the original, iconic setting with a twist part. Also, i would definitely want to check out the policies due to the micro pave as i have heard stories about how the diamonds can fall out or the wedding band eating away at the band over time :)

astara25

Rough_Rock
PS: guessing there is no way to do an ASET on a mounted solitaire, right? Meaning i have to trust the cut specifications using HCA alone for those, which would not be ideal...

astara25

Rough_Rock
Any tips for how to take a picture with the handheld scope? :)

astara25

Rough_Rock
Also, i've noticed significantly different results based on type/degree of lighting and when tilting at different angles...guessing head-on with medium light will give best representation (and assuming lamp not sunlight as light source?)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This thread will let you see Victors settings and stones.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Just curious what abbreviations CBI and HPD mean?

HPD = High Performance Diamonds that is a vendor of super ideal cut diamonds called CBI = Crafted By Infinity.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results