shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany classic or Cartier 1895?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a fan of the knife edge of the Tiffany, so I prefer the Cartier ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not usually big on brands, but Cartier or HW would rank far above Tiffs if I wanted exclusivity, for exactly this reason:

"Price & cache are two different measures. I'd bet a bundle that amongst the general population Tiffany is more desirable but amongst a wealthier population: Cartier would be considered more desirable. Price being equal. The names have different connotations to folks who have a depth of experience with luxury brands -- and Tiffany's reputation has been compromised in that last 10-15 years by their mass marketing efforts & abundant popularity with teens. Has Cartier started selling key chains & beer openers yet?"

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 12:00:08 PM
Author: t3
I ended up getting a .90ct Tiffany classic solitaire, VVS1, F color.

The Cartier ring''s prongs were very large and made the RB diamond look like a princess cut from afar at the carat size I wanted. Whereas the Tiffany prongs were much thinner and delicate (you could barely notice it as they tightly hugged the diamond and didn''t stick out), so the diamond looked perfectly round, not square or hexagonal.

Anyway, thank you guys for all the advice and information.

It sounds beautiful - I''m sure your soon-to-be fiancee will love it
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Come back and tell us how she likes it!

I missed this thread when it made the rounds originally, some of the comments were super funny!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results