shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone setting suggestions!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
This is the year I'm setting ALL the stones!! Too bad I've been out of the settings game so long that I'm unable to narrow anything down. Been going around and around in this 3-stone circus, and it's given me tunnel vision. :knockout:

Anyone seen any nice profiles that aren't the typical basket style, but still pretty? and simple? My oecs are 1.57, .90, and .88 and my ring size is 3, so there isn't a whole lot of real estate!

As much as I'd love something like this ebay ring, deep down I know it's probably going to be ridiculous in a not so great way and probably not comfortable at all. http://www.ebay.com/itm/121847389994?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Throw some suggestions at me! I'm attaching a ring from DK that I like, and they said they can modify it for rounds, but I'd love to see anything you guys can come up with.

Mucho thanks!!

dk_3_stone_profile_1.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I quite like this one done by DK

_36120.jpg

_36121.jpg

_1585.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the minimalist look.

BrianGavin_SqHearts2b_070160_0.jpg

Let's the stones be the star.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy said:

What setting is this? I didn't see it on BGD's website. Are those pear side stones?

I'm in the market for a 3 stone with pear sides.......

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure you can fit those size stones on size 3? That would have to be at least 19mm, right? I have been thinking that 18mm is about all that would fit on my 5.5.

Here is an antique Tiffany ring that I'd love to make:

tiffany1935.jpg

_36122.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, I just read you didn't want typical basket style. I was just thinking about antique 3 stones..sorry! I love the very first one you posted.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
DS, the sidestones will have to be tucked under the center a little, and angled down, but it should fit. I took a picture of them sitting on top of an empty 3 stone setting I have sitting around, and they look good! Lemme find it.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds sitting on top of empty setting. It was super dry when I took those pics, my hands look like crap.

3_stone_on_setting_1.jpg

3_stone_on_settin_3.jpg

3_stone_on_setting_2.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! Has anyone seen any 3 stone ideas with 6 prongs in the middle? I would feel more comfortable if it wasn't so exposed given my clumsiness.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
JDDN|1453352578|3978938 said:
Gypsy said:

What setting is this? I didn't see it on BGD's website. Are those pear side stones?

It's a slg's custom setting. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-rings-with-pear-sidestones.157826/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-rings-with-pear-sidestones.157826/[/URL]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like those proportions, very pretty stones! Just for my own exploration of a three stone, can you tell me your center and side mm? I think you are right about a setting that tucks them under the first stone. That will help, but hard to find without being a traditional setting.

Victor Canera has an incredible 3 stone that does tuck the sides under a little, but it has 4 prongs on the center. It's not one I'd have anyone else recreate, though.

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-lily-round-trilogy

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The center is 7.4mm, sides are 6.1mm.

Victor's Lily is pretty but the side looks kind of like a typical basket. I was looking for more detail on the profile. I like the Orchid from the top but not so sure about the profile. Really not a fan of the support bar... both due to aesthetic reason and it also collects dirt and lotion really quickly.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1453395114|3979139 said:
The center is 7.4mm, sides are 6.1mm.

Victor's Lily is pretty but the side looks kind of like a typical basket. I was looking for more detail on the profile. I like the Orchid from the top but not so sure about the profile. Really not a fan of the support bar... both due to aesthetic reason and it also collects dirt and lotion really quickly.

Thank you! I have some mrb's that are 7.6 and 5.5, that's why I was curious! Debating about whether to do a three stone with all diamonds or maybe ruby sides.

I like a classic basket in appearance, but they make it hard to reach the sides of the stone with a brush. These large faceted rings HAVE to be cleaned with a brush. So I am also very conscious of how I might reset my AVR. That's a lot of the reason it is still in the setting it's in!

Has DK made that first ring with rounds before? I love that setting, so simple and elegant!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1453366070|3978986 said:
JDDN|1453352578|3978938 said:
Gypsy said:

It's a slg's custom setting. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-rings-with-pear-sidestones.157826/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-rings-with-pear-sidestones.157826/[/URL]

Ah, thanks. I recognize her ring now.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I decided to go with the first DK ring... it kept calling to me and I really like the profile design. I've asked that they create CADs for 3 rounds and will post it here once I get it from them.

HOWEVER, I do need to set a 6.7mm oec with 5mm tsavs once the oec comes back from GIA, so that ring will definitely have a more elaborate setting. If anyone has pics to share, please do! Thanks!

Oh, and I have a 6mm Burmese ruby and 4.7mm mrbs going into a 3 stone ring as well. Maybe that one can be super elaborate. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results