shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Stone Rings with Pear Sidestones

k2infinite

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of picking out a setting for an engagement ring. I have narrowed it down to a three stone style with pear sidestones. By recommendations on other threads posted here, I have found a couple of designs that I like at Brian Gavin Diamonds- The Summer (http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5371) and Grace (http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5557). Are there any other three stone rings that you are aware of that I should consider (from other reputable retailers)?

I am not decided on the center stone shape yet- thinking about RB, cushion or princess. I have seen a number of similar rings with RB and cushion shaped center stones on the internet, but have only seen one princess ring. Is there a reason for this?

Any other input on this style is very welcome as well. I should mention that my total budget is $8-10k with a ~1ct center stone.

Thanks,
Z

slg47

Ideal_Rock
both of those are beautiful settings. I have a custom 3-stone with pears made by BGD and they did a great job!

probably one of the reasons you don't see many princesses with pears is that most people pair a princess or other diamond with straight edges with baguettes, trapezoids, trillions, or other diamonds with straight edges. Princess, round, and cushion definitely have very different looks!

and since I can't resist :saint: here is a picture of my ring made by BGD. the center stone is a 1.108 carat square cushion H&A, and the pears are 0.15 carat each.

IMG_0317_0.jpg

k2infinite

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. You have a very nice ring. What did you have customized on your ring (as compared to those 2 I posted)?

I didn't think about the straight edges between the center and side stones, good point. I guess I'll have to crop a princess center stone next to pear sidestones to get a rough idea of how it looks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to everything slg said. I wouldn't put a princess in that setting. I love slg's ring because it is rare that we get to see a beautiful square h&A! But if I were getting a setting with pear sides, I would choose a round center stone. My favorite setting is the Grace. I love how the shank is where the pears start. So pretty!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the part I had customized is the profile (and also using smaller pears)

my profile

BrianGavin_SqHearts2b_070160_0.jpg
IMG_0277_0.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't put pears with a princess either.. to me pears say "curvy" and "romantic", princesses are modern and bold and new. As slg said - RBs, cushions, and princesses are *very* different looks - and there are different looks even within each shape! So that's the first thing to narrow down...

k2infinite

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the replies. I photoshopped a princess center stone and your recommendations were good, it just didn't look right.

slg, did you get your stone from goodoldgold.com? I really like the looks of that ring. I'm down to cushion or round for the center stone now.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I did not, but GOG carries the square cushion H&A. I got the center diamond from Geoffrey's in San Carlos, CA.

as far as cushions go, there are many different appearances. this video may help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O7H8E_MYRM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results