shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Jedi spinel?

Ha ha @voce oh well I snooze and I lose he he all good I will contact the seller and see what they have :) I really appreciate you pointing out some good sellers everyone and @ItsMainelyYou if your spidey senses pick up on any other good stones I am keen to know

stellamarisgems is going to have something for you, I guarantee it.
They have several nice contenders right now.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Edit: I could also offer it to you at cost, and if for some reason you don't like it, you can "return" it to me :lol-2:. In any case, I'm truly sorry I forgot that @ItsMainelyYou posted it for you, @Pennyc, instead of for the public.
[/QUOTE]

You coooould sell it to me at cost! Just kidding :mrgreen: ........Wait, am I kidding?(internal dialogue struggling):lol:
* Hey, we're gem sharks and it was blood in the water.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankyou so much for the helpful tips I will take a look at the stone listed above.

I am wondering if anyone has a link to the Yavorskyy Ebay account? I can't seem locate it using that name?

It was working up until COVID - 19 I suspect because it used to ship out of Thailand than is probably why. If he puts it back up I'll tag you.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much @arkieb1

I have also DM StellaMarisGems to see what they have.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @arkieb1

I have also DM StellaMarisGems to see what they have.

They are really nice. I haven't purchased from them, but inquired about a few things and found them very responsive.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
They have already gotten back to me with some options and there are some being cut this week. Fingers crossed there is a. keeper in there

voce

Ideal_Rock
They have already gotten back to me with some options and there are some being cut this week. Fingers crossed there is a. keeper in there
Do you have a most favored cut?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a most favored cut?

I don't really. I am more concerned with the colour overall. I don't want a pear as I have a pear but I have let them know I am open to any cut they have if the colour is right.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pennyc I found some potential options for you while doing my normal window shopping on Yavvorsky's website lol.

**PLEASE someone buy this (above) before I cave and buy it myself. Just spent all my fun money (and then some) on a ring so I am in no position to buy more. But OMFG I love it so much**

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

See, I told you they'd have something.
I can't wait to see what you pick, even the little neons are mighty!...if you need any help let me know. :))

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Even the also-rans in this thread are so gorgeous that I have a new craving to spend money I don't have on a stone no one but me may ever see!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@ItsMainelyYou thank you I have a couple that I like I am waiting to see the other options being cut this week. Would love to send you the pics or video they sent not sure PS has a DM function I am trying to work out how to save the videos.

@lovedogs sadly Yavorskyy is a little out of my price range although I am now stalking the easy pick items ;-)I don't think I will find the colour I am looking for in there but I could end up with a lot of little pretty things if I am not careful

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou thank you I have a couple that I like I am waiting to see the other options being cut this week. Would love to send you the pics or video they sent not sure PS has a DM function I am trying to work out how to save the videos.

@lovedogs sadly Yavorskyy is a little out of my price range although I am now stalking the easy pick items ;-)I don't think I will find the colour I am looking for in there but I could end up with a lot of little pretty things if I am not careful

This one is small, but I think it'll be a PUNCH of sparkle. But I am also an enabler haha.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha @lovedogs thanks and don't worry about the enabling I am hopelessly unable to stop myself all on my own. Keep sending them in :)

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs, you should buy that .26ct. You has posted it twice! :mrgreen:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, you should buy that .26ct. You has posted it twice! :mrgreen:

haha oops, my bad! I wanted to make sure because she mentioned wanting under 1ct and it being affordable. My favorite is the 1.02 :)

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs I like the 1.02 as well but out of my league at the moment. I blew my budget on a custom ring I am hoping will show up in the next week or so.

I have been selling a few items (not jewellery) of mine to fund these purchases if I could find a way to get the $$ right now I would and I know I will get a bigger stone in the future as spinels have now completely sucked me in.

I have one that is a neon pink that I am considering and also a nice red I don't think it is that true Jedi colour though. It isn't listed on the site it was sent through DM on a video

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I like the 1.02 as well but out of my league at the moment. I blew my budget on a custom ring I am hoping will show up in the next week or so.

I have been selling a few items (not jewellery) of mine to fund these purchases if I could find a way to get the $$ right now I would and I know I will get a bigger stone in the future as spinels have now completely sucked me in.

I have one that is a neon pink that I am considering and also a nice red I don't think it is that true Jedi colour though. It isn't listed on the site it was sent through DM on a video

oooh can you post a pic??

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @lovedogs I took some still shots from the video so they aren’t the best

The first and second is the neon pink
E67E8B99-166D-4964-B89D-1F716B454BA7.jpeg
265C2AEC-E15C-4A4D-A8ED-D15DF8474B74.jpeg

This is a pink from another seller
6735C923-0E61-4128-8690-E12CF24B0FF7.jpeg

These are the two reds
CF8E15C8-73A7-40C0-B383-7C9A309D1489.jpeg

Love to hear people’s thoughts

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Feeling like we have completely hijacked this thread. sorry for doing that, OP.

voce

Ideal_Rock

These are the two reds

Both look nice. The question is, which color moves you more? It's true that for some reason the truer red spinels I've seen are more elongated, usually cushion.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @voce yes I should focus more on what I love. I seem to be in this space where I am stuck trying to make the "right" decision sometimes. As so many of you have such amazing knowledge I find myself deferring to everyone here as they are so helpful and generous with their knowledge and time that I forget what I was even originally attracted to.

@GossamerAngel its true your thread has been completely hijacked and my question was the cause I am very sorry. I should have started my own thread but I am always wary of starting new threads on a similar topic. Apologies

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These are the two reds

I would start a new thread. Happy to help!

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
I’ve purchased Mansin spinel from both higems_ and thegemcollector and have generally been quite pleased.

Sharing pictures here so you can compare for yourself how they look.

From top to bottom.
Mansin from thegemcollector, mansin from thegemcollector, then a general Burmese spinel, and a mahenge spinel.
ED1487CB-0CF2-4BC4-A350-B32FBD209ED5.jpeg

From left to right.
Mansin from higems_, and then from other sellers a mansin cab, mahenge, synthetic, random.
2B6D83A0-A36E-4C61-ABD4-6DAECC4CE6A0.jpeg

Beautiful spinels! I have also purchased from higems on Instagram, unfortunately I cannot recommend him due to information that wasn't disclosed to me before purchase. He also has a strict no return policy (only returnable if lab report finds any treatments), so it's an important thing to consider should you ever change your mind once you see the stone.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful spinels! I have also purchased from higems on Instagram, unfortunately I cannot recommend him due to information that wasn't disclosed to me before purchase. He also has a strict no return policy (only returnable if lab report finds any treatments), so it's an important thing to consider should you ever change your mind once you see the stone.

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. May I ask what wasn’t disclosed?

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. May I ask what wasn’t disclosed?

There are 2-3 chips along the girdle and an off centered culet, causing a noticeable tilt window when viewing straight from above in certain orientations. The tilt window, of course, wasn't visible in any of the vendor pictures or videos. Due to the strict return policy I had asked very specific questions to make sure all bases were covered, but these things were never mentioned.

I contacted a couple of gem cutters in the US about recutting, which will cost me carat weight. Dana at Mastercut Gems was shocked about the undisclosed chips because they will be problematic in a ring. He was so nice and helpful.

All being said, it's a beautiful red spinel. I just need to figure out what to do with it =)

Btw, I have corresponded with thegemcollector several times, and she has always been very responsive and informative on her items. I believe she has a return policy but better confirm with her. She has many beautiful items and I plan on buying from her in the near future =)2

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
That’s good information. Thanks for sharing!

When last I talked to thegemcollector she did have a return policy!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce fingers crossed it arrives soon I want to see it and hear your thoughts

@Pennyc @ItsMainelyYou
1593812637238.png
1593812661253.png
1593812704161.png

1593812765170.png
1593812790267.png
1593812815334.png
1593813089834.png
1593813112857.png
1593813372883.png
I like it but I'm not in love with it, unlike my cushion spinel in the ring with lavender sapphires and mint garnet.

Color-wise, I think it is right, but I'm not loving the shadowing. Are either of you still interested in this spinel?

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@voce It's a shame about the shadow/extinction:((I had high hopes. The color is lovely, though.
Thank you for asking, but I'll have to pass. Bling ban happening here.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@voce does placing it EW help to reduce the shadow? How does it look under the sun?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results