shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond (New to this)

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring, congratulations. Thanks for updating us and I've enjoyed reading all your contributions since this thread.

Thanks!

It’s perfect. Thanks for coming back and sharing it with us!

Glad I was able to share some eye candy with the community. :)

What a lovely ring. The bezel is very nice. so glad you updated us and staped around to join the PS family. You've already helped many.

Thank you, I'm glad I've been able to help others find their dream ring. Although I'm not even close to possessing your magical ability to find the perfect stone for seemingly every lost and confused poster. :)

It turned out beautifully - I am sure she will be thrilled!

I hope so... :mrgreen:

Nice job on the ring @TreeScientist ! When is the proposal going down?

Proposal will be in July. We're going back to her parent's hometown in Vietnam, so I will ask her dad for permission at that time. Gotta keep practicing my Vietnamese haha

Nice job on the ring!

Thank you!

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As promised, here are the studs as well. I didn't ask for help in selecting these, as I felt confident in my ability to select stones by the time I was looking for these. :D

As I said above, I originally set the budget for the studs at $2500, and for that money I wanted to get a pair of platinum (to match the E-ring) studs close to 1 ctw. She has a pair of 5mm cz's that she says are the perfect size for her, so I figured anything close to 5mm would be great. I also wanted to stay in the G-H range so they would match with the E-ring.

After searching for a few weeks, I found this very well matched pair of .45/.46 H/H VS2/VS1 stones.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4480528
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...h-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4480523

And paired them with the scallop basket setting, which my girlfriend really loved when I showed her the rotating video (She knows the earrings are coming, so I was able to get her input :) ):
https://www.jamesallen.com/fine-jew...p-basket-diamond-earrings-mounting-item-56090

Total price after the Pricescope discount came to $2670, so close to the budget, and each stone is a tad above 4.9mm, so the size is perfect as well. I'm really impressed with the way they came out. :)

Here they are in indoor house lights.

And here they are by the window right as the sun was setting. Tons of fire in sunlight!

And here's the side profile. I love these scallop baskets. So much more streamlined and unique compared to the traditional square basket settings. I think the 6-prong also complements the round shape.

Well, that's all for my (our) diamond purchases for a while. I'm sure there will be future purchases down the road for anniversaries etc. In the meantime, I'll continue to try and help others find the perfect stone(s) for them. :)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring (and earrings) turned out just amazingly beautiful! :love:

Congrats on your forthcoming engagement! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results