shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Diamond? Help a newbie! IMAGES

chillingambitiously

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

So far I've received a tremendous amount of help from the community, thanks!

Below are images of a diamond I am looking at with the following specs:

Price: $4200
Carat - 1.02
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
L/W: 1
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX
Flour: None
Depth: 60.6
Table: 57
Sym: EX
Polish: EX

gia_6232051419-aset_black__fancy_-01.jpg

gia_6232051419-aset_white-01.jpg

gia_6232051419-idealscope-01.jpg

gia_6232051419-officelight_black-01.jpg

As mentioned I'm a newbie but it seems that there are a lot of inclusions in this ring and in the bad spots to have them. Let me know if I'm wrong on any of this and this is indeed a good deal for that stone.

I am looking for a quality eye clean stone close to 1.0 carat. This is also going on a yellow gold ring.

Thanks!!!!!

Q

Queenie60

Speak to the vendor regarding the inclusions. Some SI-1 stones have visible inclusions. When you speak to vendor, ask if stone is "eye clean" and what they consider to be "eye clean". Good luck - I am sure that some of the experts will chime in soon and if you provide your budget they can help you to find a beautiful stone. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask if eyeclean. First and foremost.

Second we need the crown and pavilion angles to help you further.

chillingambitiously

Rough_Rock
Ok. So I asked if eye clean and he said "yes 100%. At first glance you cant see anything, after you loupe the diamond and know where the inclusions are it is still difficult to see."

Below is the GIA Cert. which will also have the crown and pavilion. This rated a .7 on HCA with the parameters supplied. Thoughts on all the twinning wisp and the feather on the edge by the girdle? Durability? Inclusions nothing to worry about? Still a good deal?

Havent gotten much feedback so anything is appreciated :D

giacert.png

certdetail.png

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a FANTASTIC stone if truly eye-clean

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as there are no transparency issues due to the twinning wisps I agree, it is a fabulous stone. Numbers are perfect too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results