shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this CAD

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I like the donut...I would also like a more interesting gallery but understand if you want to keep it "clean" down there. Seems like
you are wanting a more modern look (not vintage) since you dont want milgrain so clean might make more sense.

In my original CAD the twist I wanted was more simplistic. I think the more we tried to make it work, the more it leaned towards vintage and with scrollwork, etc. I did decide I wanted the prong work to be like the inspo pictures so the shoulders, although simple, will still be the main detail focus. I have love and appreciation for vintage inspired pieces but my engagement ring in my first marriage was vintage and I don’t want that :) I had to really sit down and think about what it was that I actually wanted.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE:

I couldn’t make the other CAD work and when I got the mold it didn’t wow me. I decided to go with the below CAD and loved the mold! The side stones will be french cut labs :) DK 93540-QUAD-2.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE:

I couldn’t make the other CAD work and when I got the mold it didn’t wow me. I decided to go with the below CAD and loved the mold! The side stones will be french cut labs :) DK 93540-QUAD-2.png
Streamlined, I like it.
Are you going to claw or tab the prongs?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like your latest CAD better than the others in the thread. I've never been a big fan of the pave sitting at an angle when
you look down on the setting (but that's me).

I haven't seen too many French cut tapered stones...looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I actually like your latest CAD better than the others in the thread. I've never been a big fan of the pave sitting at an angle when
you look down on the setting (but that's me).

I haven't seen too many French cut tapered stones...looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Originally when I first saw my inspiration photo I was like, yep this is the one for me - no question! I still think the ring is beautiful but it’s not for me and the small pave is very similar to my round e-ring.

Let’s hope this turns out as pretty as I think it will! It’s going to take 3 weeks for the stones to be cut and then a week once DK gets them :)

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Update: the side stones took much longer to be cut but I finally got the pictures today and the ring should be here tomorrow or Wednesday!!! The side stones were worth the wait because they look stunning :) DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled-2.jpeg

Attachments

• DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled-5.jpeg
    DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled-5.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled-3.jpeg
    DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled-3.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled.jpeg
    DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 52
  • DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled-4.jpeg
    DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled-4.jpeg
    540.6 KB · Views: 45

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous @jaqjaqjaq! :kiss2::kiss2: Looking forward to seeing handshots! Hope you love it even more when it's home!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous @jaqjaqjaq! :kiss2::kiss2: Looking forward to seeing handshots! Hope you love it even more when it's home!

Thank you!!! Hand shots to follow soon, I promise :) I imagine I will be blown away in-person!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq I imagine you will be blown away in person! I wish I was there to see you open the package. It is gorgeous!!! Did David source the sidestones? They are divine! I love everything about your ring! It's unique, it's classy, and it's beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of it on your hand, lot's of pictures! So happy for you!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Update: the side stones took much longer to be cut but I finally got the pictures today and the ring should be here tomorrow or Wednesday!!! The side stones were worth the wait because they look stunning :) DKPV2021___10__15____93540____untitled-2.jpeg

It's beautifully streamlined and dare I say, sexy. I would very much like to see hand shots when you get it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! It looks good from all angles! Definitely hand pics!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq I imagine you will be blown away in person! I wish I was there to see you open the package. It is gorgeous!!! Did David source the sidestones? They are divine! I love everything about your ring! It's unique, it's classy, and it's beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of it on your hand, lot's of pictures! So happy for you!!

Awww, you’re so sweet, thank you! Yes, David had the side stones custom cut which took around 4-5 weeks. I’ve been walking around the house with the wax mold he sent in lieu of having the actually ring LOL. I guess I’ll need to paint my nails soon - recovering from sinus surgery the last few weeks and haven’t felt like doing much. I’m so happy to finally have my gorgeous gal home <3

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the simplified basket was 100% the right choice. It looks lovely.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! It looks good from all angles! Definitely hand pics!
Thank you :) I’m so thankful for all the helpful suggestions and different perspectives with this CAD. I honestly don’t think I would have been happy with the one I started off with!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I think the simplified basket was 100% the right choice. It looks lovely.

Thank you! I agree, seeing it finished gave me the flutters I was hoping for <3

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
IT’S HERE! UPS was late!!! Ok the side stones on this ring are gorgeous!!! Let’s hope my pictures do it some justice <3 IMG_8944.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8950.jpeg
    IMG_8950.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8949.jpeg
    IMG_8949.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8945.jpeg
    IMG_8945.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8940.jpeg
    IMG_8940.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8943.jpeg
    IMG_8943.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8948.jpeg
    IMG_8948.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 56

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
SO Gorgeous @jaqjaqjaq !! What a beautiful ring- it looks perfect on your finger! Enjoy this beauty!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Better in person. Ooh, love the band too.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq I love it!!! It's beautiful!! The setting is gorgeous!!! Goes perfectly with your Oval diamond which is stunning!!! Looks so pretty on your lovely hands! I can't wait for more pictures!!! You sure know how to find the best settings for your diamonds!!!!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq I love it!!! It's beautiful!! The setting is gorgeous!!! Goes perfectly with your Oval diamond which is stunning!!! Looks so pretty on your lovely hands! I can't wait for more pictures!!! You sure know how to find the best settings for your diamonds!!!!

Thank you for all of the lovely compliments <3 You’ve made my day! I got a better picture of the side stones - I am absolutely in love with them! IMG_8931.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT’S HERE! UPS was late!!! Ok the side stones on this ring are gorgeous!!! Let’s hope my pictures do it some justice <3 IMG_8944.jpeg

You picked a beautiful oval and the perfect setting to showcase it. :love: Wear it in good health!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all of the lovely compliments <3 You’ve made my day! I got a better picture of the side stones - I am absolutely in love with them! IMG_8931.jpeg

@jaqjaqjaq oh my gosh!!! I can see why you are in love with them!!! I am too! They are dreamy!!!! Can I ask, I looked and didn't see this anywhere, What is the carat weight or dimensions of your beautiful oval and of the swoon worthy french cuts? The proportions are divine!!! I have serious ring envy!!!! So happy for you. You need to design jewelry!!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I need a tutorial on how you take your photo's! They are incredible, mine are horrendous. I hate to post photo's they are so bad. Any tips you care to share, I would love them!!! Thanks!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Very cool setting and stunning oval!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
You picked a beautiful oval and the perfect setting to showcase it. :love: Wear it in good health!

Thank you so much, Kim! I did of course have help from the experts ;-) I would be lost without the combined group of y’all!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq oh my gosh!!! I can see why you are in love with them!!! I am too! They are dreamy!!!! Can I ask, I looked and didn't see this anywhere, What is the carat weight or dimensions of your beautiful oval and of the swoon worthy french cuts? The proportions are divine!!! I have serious ring envy!!!! So happy for you. You need to design jewelry!!!
Right?! Even David said he really liked this ring!

The oval is 4.49 carats and 13.40x9.26x5.77 and the total weight of the sides are .57 and 6x3.6x1.8. The sides were originally a little smaller but I asked to bump them up a little :)

I think this ring is it for me - finally have ering peace! I keep making my hubby try it on so I can see what it looks like on - he’s in for a long weekend LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results