shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts On Recently Purchased Tranny?

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
C28D4BE0-130D-49C1-AE23-87A584208E55.jpg Here is a side view Erica sent me as she was boxing her up to ship.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Crap. Sorry that is crazy huge. I told you I stank at technology.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox I wish I could use french cuts, but I know they are WAY more expensive than rounds so I don't think it will be in the budget. My absolute favorite of all time setting is the VC Sophia, but the least expensive one like it that I've found is still $4k. So I'm not really sure about the other two cuts. Between single and full cuts, which do you think would look better
Well personally I always reckon single cuts go better with old cuts since they have similar broad facets but I know Erica recently did a very beautiful 6 prong interpretation of a classic Cartier and used full cut melee on the shank with an OEC centre and it looked really good. And given you have a tranny, you could probably go either way.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone that is! SO glad you bought it cause I was losing my grip on reality & was tempted. Lol. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. Lol. Truly is a gorgeous stone & I wouldn’t hesitate one bit owning it. ;)2 I’m just tired of rounds which is the **only** reason I didn’t go for it. I’m ready for different kind of faceting. Erica has some gorgeous pieces & as another poster pointed out, she has a good eye for gorgeous stones. :geek2:

fellys

Rough_Rock
Premium
^ :lol:

Gabbycat I can honestly not tell that it's an M from the side! It's pretttyyyy

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ccuheartnurse You're the reason I had to move fast on it! :lol: I could tell it was special as soon as she posted it on IG, and I didn't want to let it get away. And don't get me wrong. If I had unlimited funds like some of our fellow PS'ers I'd have one of each shape, too. Emerald cuts have long been a lust of mine. I especially LOVE them in art deco type rings with their clean geometric lines. But you just can't beat the sparkle of a round. And I'd been waiting for the right older cut one like this to come around for a few years now. But I hope you can find exactly what you're looking for in your search and look forward to seeing it here when you find it!

@foxinsox Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have contacted David Klass about the setting, and I figure he's got such a good eye I might just let him pick what he thinks looks best. I have a pretty good idea of what I want but think I'm probably not too picky about some of the details.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results