shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on Leon Mege E-Ring Design?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, ally! I looked up your original e-ring — gorgeous, and I’m sure the reset will be even more stunning! Wouldn’t worry about the blank PO at all. Can’t wait to see pics once it’s finished!

I also searched for recent experiences with Leon when he was making my ring, and I couldn’t find much beyond brief (sometimes snide) remarks sprinkled here and there. I think the only dedicated thread in the last year or so was the beautiful reset he did for @UrsTx . I plan to do a full “review” of the ring and my experience with him, because it really was enjoyable. The past few weeks have been go-go-go, so I have yet to get around to it (or to replying to all the lovely comments here!) — but soon!

I actually had the chance to meet him yesterday when I was in NYC. Just wanted to pop in to thank him in person, but he graciously wasted half an hour with me — chitchatting, trying on jewelry, and checking my ring for damage (I dropped it on the kitchen island last week :oops2:). It was super fun! You can tell it’s important to him that his clients are absolutely over the moon with his product. A couple of classic Leon moments from the visit, because, after all, he is still Leon:
  • Completely unsolicited, he informed me that my ears were pierced too low. “Whoever pierced them really screwed up.” I was like, no duh, it was the work of a 16 year old Claire’s employee. He then went on to tell me a funny story about how he wore an earring when he was a “young idiot” and heard an elderly couple talking sh*t about him in Russian on the train. Moral being that his piercing closed up, and mine will, too, if I leave them be, so go get them redone correctly already!
  • He inquired further about my fiancé’s profession, concluding with: “sounds promising, maybe an upgrade in a couple years.” :devil:

Love this!

PSA: I also want to add it is highly unlikely that your piercings will close so please do not get them re-pierced.

Leon sounds fabulously gifted in the art of jewelry-making, but do not go for him for piercing advice. :lol:

Basically, once you've passed the year mark with a healed piercing, there is a slim to zero % chance they will close...and after a decade more? 1/1,000,000 chance. (Okay, that's not a real scientific fact, but you get the point.) A second piercing nearby could result in a disaster and then you'll get to wear NO earrings! :errrr:

I have tried re-piercing with a less-than-knowledgeable piercer and ended up with scar tissue in lieu of a hole and a true professional advised me on how to never make the same mistake again. Thank gawd it wasn't my primary piercing for earrings!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Totally agree with @Cerulean on the likelihood that a fully healed piercing would close on its own after that amount of time. Surgical repair of my two stretched out original piercings by a plastic surgeon cost me $500, 3 months of healing time with no earrings then another 6 weeks of wearing the standard gold ball studs. Time and money well spent in my opinion.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, ally! I looked up your original e-ring — gorgeous, and I’m sure the reset will be even more stunning! Wouldn’t worry about the blank PO at all. Can’t wait to see pics once it’s finished!

I also searched for recent experiences with Leon when he was making my ring, and I couldn’t find much beyond brief (sometimes snide) remarks sprinkled here and there. I think the only dedicated thread in the last year or so was the beautiful reset he did for @UrsTx . I plan to do a full “review” of the ring and my experience with him, because it really was enjoyable. The past few weeks have been go-go-go, so I have yet to get around to it (or to replying to all the lovely comments here!) — but soon!

I actually had the chance to meet him yesterday when I was in NYC. Just wanted to pop in to thank him in person, but he graciously wasted half an hour with me — chitchatting, trying on jewelry, and checking my ring for damage (I dropped it on the kitchen island last week :oops2:). It was super fun! You can tell it’s important to him that his clients are absolutely over the moon with his product. A couple of classic Leon moments from the visit, because, after all, he is still Leon:
  • Completely unsolicited, he informed me that my ears were pierced too low. “Whoever pierced them really screwed up.” I was like, no duh, it was the work of a 16 year old Claire’s employee. He then went on to tell me a funny story about how he wore an earring when he was a “young idiot” and heard an elderly couple talking sh*t about him in Russian on the train. Moral being that his piercing closed up, and mine will, too, if I leave them be, so go get them redone correctly already!
  • He inquired further about my fiancé’s profession, concluding with: “sounds promising, maybe an upgrade in a couple years.” :devil:

Hi Mary,

I consider it artistic temperament. I think there’s a lot of people like that. I’m a surgeon and I know the highly skilled ones are frankly a little weird.

I focus on the final product. That being said, I haven’t had any unpleasant interactions with him. I trust his artistic vision… and am not hung up on the details. I feel that’s the type of client that works best with Leon. Essentially I feel as though we are paying for his aesthetic sense so I am fine with the process.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results