shape
carat
color
clarity

This thread is mostly pics: umbalite from Gene!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 9:54:13 PM
Author: cellentani
Date: 6/15/2009 9:48:45 PM

Author: blinkydoll

OH I LOVE THat Setting!!!!

may I ask--- where did u find it?

I love the side details as well.

I am also thinking of putting my gene garnet in a prong set halo setting.
1.gif

Hey blinky, nice to see you! My local jeweler went to the annual convention in Vegas and brought back a few pieces. It''s a very nice ring - has a nice weight (18k), and the diamonds are definitely G,VS quality, if not better. The price is higher than my budget, but I was actually surprised that it wasn''t more expensive. Do you have an idea of what type of halo you''d like? Is your stone 10-sided too?

It is VERY NIce!! it looks well made! my stone is also 10 sided.
Your stone looks great in it! Do you know if you might go for it?
I was thinking def prong set-- to show the edges.. and maybe a cushion shape halo-- just to mix it up a little ;-)

this is my gene garnet:

blinkydoll_a-1734.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 9:56:56 PM
Author: Babyblue033
I love those settings! Wait, where do you live???
9.gif

Oh BabyBlue---- I think you are why I love Garnet now
2.gif
and also why I got my gene garnet
1.gif

we all need to go shopping together
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yup, babyblue got us all hooked!

Blinky, I think I will definitely go for some type of halo, but not that one - it''s just too much $$ right now, and I just got my morganite set. I''d also thought of a cushion halo (again, like babyblue!). I''ve been in contact with LOGR about customizing some settings, so we''ll see. Are you interested in the setting I showed? I have no problem getting you hooked up.....except that I''d be crazy-jealous (but in a good way
2.gif
). How big is your garnet? I love that pic of yours - it''s gorgeous!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OH my!! I love your stone in that setting...Beautiful!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 10:30:47 PM
Yup, babyblue got us all hooked!

Blinky, I think I will definitely go for some type of halo, but not that one - it''s just too much $$ right now, and I just got my morganite set. I''d also thought of a cushion halo (again, like babyblue!). I''ve been in contact with LOGR about customizing some settings, so we''ll see. Are you interested in the setting I showed? I have no problem getting you hooked up.....except that I''d be crazy-jealous (but in a good way
2.gif
). How big is your garnet? I love that pic of yours - it''s gorgeous!

Oh-- I love how your morganite came out !
does logr do cusion halos?---diff from the tiff legacy one? inquiring minds want to know ;-)
Oh Thank You Cellentani. But like you--- $$ is a factor--- if I may ask?--- what would a setting like that set me back? I have a budget for the setting--- But I would like to make it a special one.. bec garnet is my birthstone and it is the month the hubbs and I met--SO yay it''s justified
31.gif

thanks--- I have more pics in my pink thread--- I''m liking all your new pics as well--- you take some pretty fine pics yourself lady
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 10:52:11 PM

does logr do cusion halos?---diff from the tiff legacy one? inquiring minds want to know ;-)
Oh Thank You Cellentani. But like you--- $$ is a factor--- if I may ask?--- what would a setting like that set me back? I have a budget for the setting--- But I would like to make it a special one.. bec garnet is my birthstone and it is the month the hubbs and I met--SO yay it''s justified
31.gif

thanks--- I have more pics in my pink thread--- I''m liking all your new pics as well--- you take some pretty fine pics yourself lady
36.gif
LOGR does do cushion halos, but not as many as rounds - you know that my morganite is in an LOGR, right?

The retail on the setting is $2970, and the diamonds are .8tcw. He quoted me a price of $1450, and I imagine he''d do something in that ballpark for you. Blinky, this setting is incredibly comfortable, and sits very low. Let me know if you want his contact info.

I''d seen your pink thread before, but I just went and looked again. You have some really nice tourmalines with great color - I''ve gotten and returned two, so I don''t seem to have much luck with them. And your aqua really looks nice and not too pale at all - are you pleased with it? He''s the same seller that I got my morganite from!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 11:12:43 PM
Date: 6/15/2009 10:52:11 PM

31.gif

36.gif
LOGR does do cushion halos, but not as many as rounds - you know that my morganite is in an LOGR, right?

The retail on the setting is $2970, and the diamonds are .8tcw. He quoted me a price of $1450, and I imagine he''d do something in that ballpark for you. Blinky, this setting is incredibly comfortable, and sits very low. Let me know if you want his contact info.

I''d seen your pink thread before, but I just went and looked again. You have some really nice tourmalines with great color - I''ve gotten and returned two, so I don''t seem to have much luck with them. And your aqua really looks nice and not too pale at all - are you pleased with it? He''s the same seller that I got my morganite from!

The diamonds look really clean-- it is really nice-- I''m afraid it''s out of my budget for the time being.
7.gif
I do like how low it is. thank you for offering the contact tho!
I saw your morganite ring--
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I did not realize that you got the stone from the same seller! His auctions are so hard to tell--- his pictures are not that great-- YOU got a really good one! I do like my aqua
1.gif
I got it from him bec I fell in love with the hue -- its is not to light of a color at all. He had some nice ones up recently-- but I wish he had better pics.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!

I want one too, so I totally understand the urge!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
That last setting - it''s really pretty, but I''d use it with another stone; with the one as complex-looking as this one, it''s a bit too much. But, if you like these kinds of settings (and judging by your other ones that seems to be the case), I''d say go for it, cause wearing what you love is the most important.

I still think that something around 1.5 mm is the way to go if you''ll do a halo, cause you don''t just want the halo to be the right size, but you also want the diamonds to show brilliance. And unless they''re single cuts and have a pretty high degree of clarity, you won''t see much sparkle if they''re too small.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 7:22:16 AM
Author: ma re
That last setting - it''s really pretty, but I''d use it with another stone; with the one as complex-looking as this one, it''s a bit too much. But, if you like these kinds of settings (and judging by your other ones that seems to be the case), I''d say go for it, cause wearing what you love is the most important.

I still think that something around 1.5 mm is the way to go if you''ll do a halo, cause you don''t just want the halo to be the right size, but you also want the diamonds to show brilliance. And unless they''re single cuts and have a pretty high degree of clarity, you won''t see much sparkle if they''re too small.
You know, after sleeping on it, I think you may be right - it''s a gorgeous setting, but I think it does compete with the stone too much. I also think a 1.5mm may be just about right, because the halo in the setting is about 2.5mm. I had that setting out on memo, so I''ll be returning it today. Back to hunting for more settings! Thanks for all your input, Mr. ma re.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Blinkydoll & Cellentani, I am happy to be of service
9.gif
There really is something very special about these garnets, the combination of the color and cut is just amazing and unique. You two know that I now have 4 of these right? It all started out with a ring...
31.gif

Cellentani, I LOVE your e-ring! It''s so unique. I think it would also be fabulous with a colored stone as a RHR, where is the setting from?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 1:38:02 PM
Blinkydoll & Cellentani, I am happy to be of service
9.gif
There really is something very special about these garnets, the combination of the color and cut is just amazing and unique. You two know that I now have 4 of these right? It all started out with a ring...
31.gif

Cellentani, I LOVE your e-ring! It''s so unique. I think it would also be fabulous with a colored stone as a RHR, where is the setting from?
My ER is from my local jeweler, and was a really inexpensive setting, but I just liked the design. In fact, when I first brought it home, I started a thread and showed various stones in it. If I ever change settings, this one will have a colored stone for sure!

I know you have the umbalite ring and a Whiteflash pendant - did you set the other 2?

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
I know you have the umbalite ring and a Whiteflash pendant - did you set the other 2?[/quote]

YEs-- Do Tell
11.gif

35.gif

Cellentani--ditto (to what Babyblue said) about your e-ring
30.gif
30.gif

( but you know this already
20.gif
) hehe

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2009 2:19:26 PM
My ER is from my local jeweler, and was a really inexpensive setting, but I just liked the design. In fact, when I first brought it home, I started a thread and showed various stones in it. If I ever change settings, this one will have a colored stone for sure!

Wow, inexpensive or not that's one of my favorite settings
30.gif
Wonder if I can find something similar somewhere? I would have it custom made if I had the budget for it! If you don't mind of course
2.gif

I got a pair of matching 6mm garnets for earrings, but just as you mentioned in another thread I'm having serious commitment issues. I'm completely torn between simple studs, studs with diamond halo jacket, custom diamond earrings, among million other ideas floating around in my head
20.gif
Given my tight budget I should just set it into a simple martini setting and get it done with...

Sorry, I'm done highjacking the thread!
9.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Eek I apparently can''t quote right
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 3:46:42 PM

Date: 6/16/2009 2:19:26 PM

Wow, inexpensive or not that''s one of my favorite settings
30.gif
Wonder if I can find something similar somewhere? I would have it custom made if I had the budget for it! If you don''t mind of course
2.gif

I got a pair of matching 6mm garnets for earrings, but just as you mentioned in another thread I''m having serious commitment issues. I''m completely torn between simple studs, studs with diamond halo jacket, custom diamond earrings, among million other ideas floating around in my head
20.gif
Given my tight budget I should just set it into a simple martini setting and get it done with...

Sorry, I''m done highjacking the thread!
9.gif
You can threadjack anytime, Babyblue! You know, I couldn''t use the ER setting in my jeweler''s case, so he had to make a new one for me that was slightly larger to fit my stone. My diamond is 7.1mm, and if your umbalite is 8mm (jealous!!), then the setting would have to be quite a bit bigger. My setting was $700, but it only has about 28 pts of diamonds. I really like my jeweler, but he does have limits - my ring has imperfections and flaws that I''ve just grown accustomed to. Initially, it bugged me enough for me to take it to Quest, and they did their best to fix some of it. Unlike the gorgeous setting I showed my umbalite in, the ER was handmade by him, and it will never compare to the exacting quality of a Beverly K ring, for example.

I wondered if you had earrings....you lucky girl! I''ve been wanting some halo earring charms.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone and setting :)

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I''d have sworn that I commented in this thread already but I either didn''t or I missed it so...

LOVELY stone! Love the color and the cut!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results