shape
carat
color
clarity

This thread is mostly pics: umbalite from Gene!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Several PSers have one like this, and now I have my very own. I love this stone!

GFumbalite1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Vendor pic is very true, but I think it''s even richer looking IRL.

GF 7.83mm umbalite.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed your umbalite in the picture with your other stone (portugese cut tourmaline. maybe). It''s pretty and deserving to be set. Any plans for it?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
1.96cts, 7.83mm

As per Gene: Color 10, Clarity 8 (has some small bubbles that you cannot see with the eye), Brilliance 5. Don't know what the overall score would be, but I'm very happy. The color is very intense without darking out. I especially love seeing the red tones.

GFumbalite2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Just a few more random ones. I think I was shielding this one with my hand - hence the slightly pink tone to the surroundings.

GFumbalite3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
These are probably all starting to look the same. It''s like showing everyone a gazillion baby pictures of your newborn. Or vacation slides.

GFumbalite4.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
On the hand.

GFumbalite5.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

GFumbalite6.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Last one.

GFumbalite8.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 4:35:04 PM
Author: cellentani
1.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

PINK! as always love your stuff
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love it. It''s difinitely a winner!! What are your plans with it, a ring?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 4:26:56 PM
Author: Chrono
I noticed your umbalite in the picture with your other stone (portugese cut tourmaline. maybe). It''s pretty and deserving to be set. Any plans for it?
Hi Chrono! I''m dying to set this one - probably a ring. I really like halos, but am torn between a round or cushion-shaped halo. I''m also toying with the idea of a more simple basket setting on a thin shank. What would you do?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! I''ve been waiting for this ever since you mentioned you were getting one. It looks great, is it everything you expected?
1.gif

You know I''m partial to square cushion halos
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi blinkydoll and mochi! Thanks for your nice comments. I guess I do tend towards pink, don''t I blinky? And yes, I''m thinking ring for this one - you guys got any ideas?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 4:51:24 PM
Author: Babyblue033
Yay! I''ve been waiting for this ever since you mentioned you were getting one. It looks great, is it everything you expected?
1.gif

You know I''m partial to square cushion halos
2.gif
I call this one my mini-babyblue, and I completely like this one - no settling here! I do like cushion halos, especially after seeing yours. You don''t know how many times I''ve gone back to your pics (besides your own threads, I know you''ve got pics in the vendor thread, garnet thread, and a couple others
2.gif
) just to see the halo, whether you set it with a point or flat side up, etc. I''m starting to feel like I''m stalking you.....in the best possible sense, of course.

Unfortunately, my budget won''t allow anything crazy-fancy, but I''m disheartened that even some of the LOGRs that i like are $500-$700 once you factor in upgrading the diamonds and any custom work.
7.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful stone. Those umbalites are gorgeous, aren''t they???
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Cellentani I''m so pleased you started a thread for this gorgeous Umbalite. It''s incredibly pretty and I love the colour play. I too have one from Gene that is absolutely gorgeous. I''m sure you''ve done this but have a look at it in a room with windows (not near them) so the room has natural daylight but not too much - does the Umbalite show different colours more then? Mine takes on a completely different personality in that lighting.

Lucky you!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 5:23:38 PM
Author: Fly Girl
36.gif
Yes, I love them! You''ve got one too, don''t you Fly Girl? If I recall correctly, weren''t you the first to get one after babyblue? Did you ever set yours?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! LOVELY stone! Such intense color!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2009 4:45:24 PM
Hi Chrono! I''m dying to set this one - probably a ring. I really like halos, but am torn between a round or cushion-shaped halo. I''m also toying with the idea of a more simple basket setting on a thin shank. What would you do?
Well, my taste runs into something simple so that''s what I''d suggest. Most on PS like diamond accents like halos though. You can''t go wrong either way but I''d do something simple to allow the unusual shape and cutting to stand out.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2009 10:58:56 PM

Well, my taste runs into something simple so that''s what I''d suggest. Most on PS like diamond accents like halos though. You can''t go wrong either way but I''d do something simple to allow the unusual shape and cutting to stand out.
I agree.

Pretty stone!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2009 11:01:24 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 6/14/2009 10:58:56 PM

I agree.

Pretty stone!!
Which one? The halo or (gasp!
31.gif
) simple setting?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The simple setting.
23.gif
(in shock??). I like the edges of that stone, and I would want to highlight that.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 5:30:38 PM

Date: 6/14/2009 5:23:38 PM
Author: Fly Girl
36.gif
Yes, I love them! You''ve got one too, don''t you Fly Girl? If I recall correctly, weren''t you the first to get one after babyblue? Did you ever set yours?
Yes. I loved babyblue''s umba, and jumped all over the next one Gene posted. The thread about my ring is here. Link My stone has 9 sides, so it was a bit tricky to set. I love how it turns grapey colored in some lights, but I haven''t managed to get a picture of that. Looking forward to seeing how you set yours.

garnetwsnap4321.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fly Girl! After reading your post, I did find your thread after all - your umbalite has such beautiful color, and I love the unusual setting. I''d really like a 9-sided stone like that for a pendant!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 11:06:02 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
The simple setting.
23.gif
(in shock??). I like the edges of that stone, and I would want to highlight that.
Hey Chrono and TL, simple, eh? I was thinking about this one from LOGR modified for a round - what do you think?

LOGR oval thin shank.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Profile. Sorry they''re so big.

LOGR thin shank profile.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW Cellentani.....I LOVE THIS STONE....AWESOME COLOR!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh it is GORGEOUS! I want one!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results