shape
carat
color
clarity

There''s been a lot of blue sapphire threads on the board lately....is there room for one more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Dianabanana: Your ring is stunning and unique. It is one of the most ''diamond encrusted'' LM rings ever posted on PS. The diamonds really brings out the blue of your sapphire. Glad your long wait is worth it and you are happy with your ring.

AN

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful! And talk about quality craftsmanship - this is what pave setting is all about!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
if happiness is a gorgeous sapphire in the perfect setting, then missy, you''ve got to be bursting at the seams!!!

*sigh* I would get nothing done if I had a ring like that... I would be off swimming in a pool of luscious blue...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

congrats DB! you definitely deserve such a wonderful end product to cherish for years to come
36.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diana,
Your ring looks very regal. I love it!
30.gif

I can''t believe I missed this thread and replied so late.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely gorgeous Diana. Heavenly in fact! In every way, it looks perfect.

It''s really too bad that such a master craftsman has such a schnooky personality
emcrook.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I hope it was worth the long, long wait.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the angels are singing! BBBBaBBBAA bAAABBBaaaa!!
3.gif
I have no words!
6.gif
Beyond amazing and it looks perfect on you!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring DB!
30.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much AustenNut, LS, my fellow Canuk, Marcy, Cind11, Lovinggems, D&T, pierreone, loriken, dancingflame, icekid, TGal, Ltlfirecracker, marriedtiger, Art Nouveau, Mr. Ma Re, kas baby, stepcutnut, TL, gemgirl, Kismet, CCN and Brandy!

This ring was a loooong time coming and I''d ceased to be excited about it but when I opened the box, I squealed like a little girl!
9.gif
The workmanship is about as flawless as I''ve ever seen, the single cuts were well worth the bit of extra $$ and the ring is very comfortable. It''s certainly not subtle but it''s mine....and I love it!!

Despite the lengthy lead time and the communication issue (which I accept part of the responsibility for) on my original workorder, Leon was great to work with, he''s quite a character.
25.gif
I would definitely do it again.

So...what''s next??
3.gif

DianaBananaLeon17.JPG

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous, fantastic ring!!! I love it
30.gif

Wear it in good health and happiness!
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 2:02:57 PM
Author: DianaBanana

So...what''s next??
3.gif

Just let us know if you''d like us to help you spend more money.....
9.gif
Do you like green? pink?
3.gif
3.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Isaku and oddoneout!

Date: 10/26/2009 4:20:08 PM
Author: icekid

So...what''s next??
3.gif

Just let us know if you''d like us to help you spend more money.....
9.gif
Do you like green? pink?
3.gif
3.gif
Well...I sent a note to Jeff last night to see if he has any pad like pinky/orangey rough - tourmaline, garnet, sapphire, doesn''t matter! I kind of wish I''d bought that round pad that he cut but it was a little small.

I think my next serious project will be diamond studs with pave jackets done by Leon....then I would get a few different pairs of colored stones set to wear with the jackets. I''m thinking ahead, see?
31.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Your new plan sound like fun, DB! A good way to deal with PGD ( post gem depression) ... always have your next sparkly project in mind!
I am happy to hear you would still deal with Leon, after everything is said and done . He will be happy too if he is reading this...
34.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! I LOVE this ring. The profile is one of the nicest on a halo that I''ve ever seen.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 5:49:25 PM

I think my next serious project will be diamond studs with pave jackets done by Leon....then I would get a few different pairs of colored stones set to wear with the jackets. I''m thinking ahead, see?
31.gif

I like it! Colored stones with blingy jackets will be fabulous! The only slight catch will be finding pairs that are all the same size, but looking is half the fun, right?!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay DB! So glad you finally got the ring of your dreams - it''s beautiful!

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 8:22:22 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 10/26/2009 5:49:25 PM

31.gif

I like it! Colored stones with blingy jackets will be fabulous! The only slight catch will be finding pairs that are all the same size, but looking is half the fun, right?!
Yup, searching is part of the fun, but I''m pretty sure JW, Gene or Barry could cut pairs to size, right? I hope so!

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Laila and B.E.G. - it''s nice to spoil yourself silly sometimes, right?
9.gif

My husband is so glad that my ring buying is all done and now he can direct some funds to restoring is ''63 Nova SS...gonna have to keep my future projects on the down low!
11.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HELLO BLING. All that fire and ice frames that sapphire perfectly! WOW that is a knock out ring Diana, are you in love? The contrast with the JM is just wonderful, how wonderful to have two such gorgeous but so different rings to wear! Wear them both in the best of health, and I hope the result is worth the wait and the (slightly bumpy) process!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful and so blue. Hard for me to believe you ever thought it was too dark! And I love the three-part shank. It''s definitely an heirloom!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, love the color
30.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 1:21:45 PM
Author: Gypsy
HELLO BLING. All that fire and ice frames that sapphire perfectly! WOW that is a knock out ring Diana, are you in love? The contrast with the JM is just wonderful, how wonderful to have two such gorgeous but so different rings to wear! Wear them both in the best of health, and I hope the result is worth the wait and the (slightly bumpy) process!
Thank you kindly Gypsy, Sara and Skippy!
35.gif

I know, hey?....BLING!!! Ha ha, I didn''t expect it to be so blingtastic - yes, I''m in love. What I like best about it is what it does for the sapphire, contrast is a good thing!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Diana,

I''m sorry if this is a repeat question but I''m curious. When you were looking for sapphires what colors/ tones did you tell Jeff you were looking for? I''m always interested to hear what people perfer in their sapphires.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much AustenNut, LS, my fellow Canuk, Marcy, Cind11, Lovinggems, D&T, pierreone, loriken, dancingflame, icekid, TGal, Ltlfirecracker, marriedtiger, Art Nouveau, Mr. Ma Re, kas baby, stepcutnut, TL, gemgirl, Kismet, CCN and Brandy!

This ring was a loooong time coming and I''d ceased to be excited about it but when I opened the box, I squealed like a little girl!
9.gif
The workmanship is about as flawless as I''ve ever seen, the single cuts were well worth the bit of extra $$ and the ring is very comfortable. It''s certainly not subtle but it''s mine....and I love it!!

Despite the lengthy lead time and the communication issue (which I accept part of the responsibility for) on my original workorder, Leon was great to work with, he''s quite a character.
25.gif
I would definitely do it again.

So...what''s next??
3.gif
Sorry I am late getting to your ring Diana. (been spending a lot of time with the thing your ring is sitting on in your picture!).

It''s glorious and what beautiful shoulders. I can see why you are so delighted with your ring.

It has never ceased to amaze me how Leon manages to garner such polar opposite views. Well the faction that thinks he should be tarred and feathered is awful quiet since you published this beauty.

You enjoy your ring sweetie, it was worth the wait.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey,
The Leon tarring group is quiet because there''s absolutely nothing wrong with the design and craftsmanship. It''s like when Leon gets it "right", it''s fabulous. Remember that Leon didn''t create it in DB''s vision the first time and this is the remake. At least he agreed to a remake in this case.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 3:47:23 PM
Author: Gailey
Sorry I am late getting to your ring Diana. (been spending a lot of time with the thing your ring is sitting on in your picture!).

It''s glorious and what beautiful shoulders. I can see why you are so delighted with your ring.

It has never ceased to amaze me how Leon manages to garner such polar opposite views. Well the faction that thinks he should be tarred and feathered is awful quiet since you published this beauty.

You enjoy your ring sweetie, it was worth the wait.
Awwww....thanks Gailey!! I thought maybe you saw it, hated it, and declined to post!
9.gif

You''re right about the polar opposite views but I tell you, when I saw the ring, I actually thought "I will never deal with anyone else". Now that''s quite silly since he doesn''t do all jewelry styles but if I want PAVE...
18.gif
it will be Leon or no one. Period.

When are we going to have a Canadian get together so you can see it first hand?
31.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 3:57:56 PM
Author: Chrono
Gailey,
The Leon tarring group is quiet because there''s absolutely nothing wrong with the design and craftsmanship. It''s like when Leon gets it ''right'', it''s fabulous. Remember that Leon didn''t create it in DB''s vision the first time and this is the remake. At least he agreed to a remake in this case.
Thanks Chrono, I know it''s a little blingtastic for some tastes but the craftsmanship is impeccable. Although I didn''t love the first version...it''s nothing to sneeze at either, hey?

r1317-aa.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely. No one can question Leon''s workmanship.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results