shape
carat
color
clarity

The Wedding Celebration of JC and JD, June 24th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
More Cozumel

IMG16small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Day 11 (Tuesday) in NO, the last day of our honeymoon.
39.gif

That morning we went to the NO Audubon Zoo. We took the streetcar from the hotel to the zoo and walked through the Audubon park to the zoo entrance (we didn''t see the sign saying a shuttle arrives every 15 mins - oh well!) It was drizzling as TS Cindy made her way into town. The zoo was great, not crowded, the animals were active because of the cool weather and rain. That evening after dinner we were craving beignets from Cafe du Monde, so we braved the TS and walked from our hotel. By that time, it was very windy and pouring down rain, so it was an exciting walk. But that was the only real weather we had on the HM, so we''re not complaining!

J on the trail through Audubon park.

IMG01small.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
JCJD, thanks for sharing your wedding story w/ us! You look gorgeous and radiant and so, so happy! Your dress, veil, hair...you''re just an angel!

Your new wedding ring looks fabulous w/ your e-ring. It sits so snugly against the accent RB & looks made to match your e-ring. I''m strongly considering SP''s 2mm platinum band as my w-ring as well & was happy to see pics of it. Is the ring relatively flat? I want to make sure my w-ring can slide under the halo of my e-ring.

Also, thanks for sharing the corset dress/pantyhose advice! That''s just hilarious & something I never would''ve expected! What a funny story!

I''m sure your honeymoon was just incredible & am glad you''re enjoying married life. Congrats again!
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Waterbirds. On the left are two juvenile white pelicans, and the two big brown birds (the one with wings spread) are Anhingas! These diving birds are unique - their feathers get waterlogged (unlike ducks and other waterbirds that have special oil glands to prevent this, but cormorants do this too), so they not only have to drip dry before they can fly, like this guy is doing, but they are often seen swimming with only their neck above water because they sink! Fascinating species. These two appear to be either females or juveniles.

IMG06small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you BrightSpot! The band is only 1mm high, so it''s very low. Nice and simple, it would look great with your halo ring! You''ll probably have a bit of a gap, but it should still look nice.
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Me in the rain at Plaza d''Armes. This is after Cafe du Monde.

IMG17small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Back from the honeymoon, and Sammy missed her mommy! (had to throw in a kitty cat picture!)
That''s all folks, until we get more pics back.
35.gif

IMG20small.JPG

Rube

Shiny_Rock
I can''t wait to see the other days. And I love the bird picture (complete with information!)

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like the honeymoon was a fantastic trip, TS Emily and all!
9.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like such a photo whore, tell me if you''re getting sick of me!

Rings!

sneakyDs4.5.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
3 of my faves of just the two of us from our photographer (Finito for today)

sneakyDs123.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hooray!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LOVE all the new pics!!! Looks like you had such a great time on your honeymoon, in spite of Cindy! And I love the additional wedding shots--you look erally beautiful and SO happy!! (And love the Sammy pic too
19.gif
)

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks blueroses! BTW, I just found your baby poodle thread - what a sweetheart! That smile is simply heart-melting. How''s the new gig?

Rube - I''m a bird nerd, what can I say.
41.gif
I hope you and njc are having an incredible weekend!! Congratulations!! Can''t wait to hear about your days when you both return!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that one of the two of you in the hallway is such a great picture. I love it!
1.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD - those new pics are awesome
1.gif
you two are so cute. I''m with Matatora, my favorite is definitely that hallway one!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
awww. those new pics are sooo sweet! You two are adorable!

kaschmir

Rough_Rock
jcjd,

both of you look absolutely gorgeous and super-happy in your pics. i especially love the one in the hallway... outstanding. you must have such a blast looking at all these pictures now, reliving every moment and noticing details you haven't seen before...

regards,
kaschmir

icekid

Ideal_Rock
crap, i missed your new pics JC! but they''re gorgeous. i loooooove that one of you and J in the hallway. so sweet!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Icekid,
Do you mind if I ask about your avatar?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, thank you all! I am so touched by all of your responses to this thread. Thanks for letting me share with you!

And icekid, I second tybee''s question - is there a story about your new avatar? The puppy is a cutie!

We got our wedding CD!! Hooray! But only one pic tonight cause I''m exhausted and need to get up early tomorrow.
The back of my gown and veil.

JCJDgownsmall.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Tybee and JC- of course you can ask!
1.gif
We''re getting her TODAY! I am soooo excited. She is a Shiba Inu, a small Japanese breed. She''s gorgeous! And she is a former show dog, so she''s really sweet. We''re going to pick her up from her breeder today.

I got it in my head a few months ago that I NEEDED a dog, but our apartment did not allow them. So we spent the entire summer looking for a new apartment, but everything we looked at that allowed dogs was either obscenely expensive or really crappy (didn''t help that we have a really good deal on our current apartment). So I was really sad, but resigned that we weren''t getting a dog. And my bf decided to call our landlord one more time to ask if we could have a dog b/c he knew how badly I wanted one, and they said YES! So we decided it would make more sense to go with an older dog- after our landlord''s generosity, we don''t want a puppy to destroy the place! So now I will have a new dog, and MY RING! within days (ok, maybe weeks
2.gif
) of eachother. too excited!

I will definitely post new pictures of her sometime this weekend! Right now I only have a couple pictures from when she was being shown.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JC- oooooooooooooooohhhh.. that new picture is SOOO pretty. The back of your gown is sooo beautiful.. it just looks so soft! And as you know.. your veil is just AMAZING.

icekid - congrats on the new doggie!!! I didn''t realize you were getting THE RING so soon.. I must not be keeping up over in the LIW section enough!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2005 9:45:41 AM
Author: MelissaSue

icekid - congrats on the new doggie!!! I didn''t realize you were getting THE RING so soon.. I must not be keeping up over in the LIW section enough!
yep, WF finished my ring a couple weeks ago- so now i am just WAITING. bf says he has something elaboate planned. and we got the dog today! she''s adorable... I started a thread about her in diamond hangout, so I won''t hijack JC''s thread anymore [:)]

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-kaji.32360/

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD!
drop dead GORGEOUS! I really want to thank you for sharing so much with us! I really really really LOVE the pictures.
I am dying DYING to see more!

Icekid-
Oh dogs are the best best best best best! My dogs are like my daughters. I try to bring them everywhere with me. Penny (my avatar) has even come to school with me to meet my kids. I am so happy for you!!!! I have some friends who have a Shiba Inu, and she''s beautiful, just like a little fox. Now you''ll have to post pictures of your doggie AND your ring---oh how I LOVE pictures.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
icekid - Awwww!!! She is beautiful, and she seems right at home already! Congrats! And another WF masterpiece??? I must have one someday... Try to enjoy the last few days/weeks of pseudo-singledom.
2.gif

Thanks Melissa and Tybee! As Melissa and AGBF know, I''d rather share my photos with you all and not my name than share my name and no photos, so there you go. What can I say, I''m a little paranoid.
19.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Since you''ve probably seen enough of me
25.gif
here''s some of the details.
Flowers

IMG_7514small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers 2

IMG_7508small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers 3

IMG_7892small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Unity candle - the tapers were said to last 2 hours but are now 3/4 the original size after 30 mins of burning. Oh well, they lasted the ceremony.

IMG_7964small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Church

IMG_7969small.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results