shape
carat
color
clarity

The Wedding Celebration of JC and JD, June 24th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I''m totally feeling the Pricescope love, so I thought I''d do a Croi-esque synopsis thread of our wedding day! Hopefully I''ll be able to get some pics soon to share with the story. In summary, it was beautiful, it was perfect, we had some minor snags, and in the end, we are Mr. and Mrs. D!!!!!!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
The Wedding Week. June 20-23.

On Monday the 20th, we had last minute details to take care of, my paternal grandparents, my dad''s sister and her family, and my HUSBAND''s sister and maternal grandparents were all in town already. During the day, my grandma, aunt, and the oldest cousin came over and helped me finish unpacking the apartment to get it ready for the post-wedding brunch. Meanwhile, our sisters (we each have 1) and his brother were shopping for the shower and decided that J needed some pre-marital hazing! J was already planning on having lunch with his sister, but he arrived to meet the three of them plus a blindfold, a "groom" hat, a plastic ball & chain, and a helium balloon tied to his wrist. That evening, J & I had dinner with the nearly/newly married pastor at our church to go over the pre-marital assessment we''d filled out for our pre-marital counseling. He told us that in our pre-marital class, we had one of the highest assessments, which was great for calming my almost-wedding-day-gotta-get-it-done-NOW stress!

Tuesday was crazy. Lots more last-minute stuff, and we had our couples shower that evening, hosted by our sisters and my stepmother. We played Couple Jeopardy, which my mom''s team won, my sister put together a Mad Libs version of how we met, our first date, how we got engaged, and wedding details, and our sisters secretly put together a photo slide show for us! His sister actually stole a photo album of mine to use in the show - sneaky! Finally, to sleep!

Wednesday was busy but very fun! We live in Lincoln, which is an hour from Omaha, NE, where the College World Series was held. So at 8am, the wedding party (except 2 of my BM''s who were driving in that day), us, and some family and friends met at the best man''s house to caravan to the CWS! The game (Arizona State vs Florida) was fun, but it was really hot that day, and J got a nasty sunburn on his feet! I was a good girl and reapplied my sunscreen throughout the day.
16.gif
At 4, our sisters, my oldest cousin, and I left for Lincoln so we could shower before dinner and the bachelorette. 6:30 was dinner with more friends (bachelor/ette kick-off), my 2 BM''s had arrived in town and joined us there, and at 7:30, we left for our bachelor/ette parties! For the bachelorette, they made me wear clip-on earrings and a matching tiara, made a tp wedding gown, complete with veil, bracelet, and crown, and did a charades game - a nice quiet girls-night-in. For the bachelor however... Somehow, J''s brother fashioned a ball and chain out of a 7-lb bowling ball, which they attached to his wrist for the entire night. They took him to play laser tag with the ball&chain wearing a white t-shirt. After that, they had him run around downtown, where he had to first ask girls out on a date and then get them to sign his shirt, plus a signature on his back and some other part of his body (he chose his arm). I''ve seen the video - it''s hilarious!!! He actually ran up to a woman fastening her kids in their car seats, while her husband was getting in on the other side of the car! After all that, they played Halo 2 until 1am. Crazy boys...
12.gif

Thursday, June 23, the day before the wedding! That morning, we were wrapping our wedding party''s gifts, finishing the ceremony music cd''s, finishing the programs, had our final dance lesson (present from a fellow grad student), and at noon we hosted our wedding party luncheon. SIL and her hubby got lost somehow and were an hour late - LOL! After lunch, the BMs and GM that could helped finish decorating the church. Then, two of the 4 BM''s and I got mani and pedicures, we all got ready for the rehearsal, had the rehearsal, and saw lots of relatives who''d just arrived, and went to the rehearsal dinner. Oops, we were so busy that morning we forgot to wrap the parent gifts!! So J and my youngest bro wrapped them all in the men''s bathroom while I played hostess (read: kept the dads out of the bathroom!). Following dinner, the wedding party went to my sister''s apt, watched the bachelor party video, and basically just hung out together. I went to bed at 1am, fully aware that I had just lived my last day as a single woman!

(Next installment tomorrow!)

Rube

Shiny_Rock
How wonderful! A whole week of fun.

This was hilarious: "He actually ran up to a woman fastening her kids in their car seats, while her husband was getting in on the other side of the car"

Congratulations on your wedding. I can''t wait to hear more!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
JCJD,
Wow that is some week of fun you had. looking forward to the next installment. Congratulations Mrs. JCJD!!!
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
We do have one picture!! I stole this from our photog''s web photo gallery homepage. The gallery isn''t done yet, but this is the background!

weddingweb624.jpg.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow JCJD what a stunning couple you make!!!! You look positively gorgeous!!!!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful picture!! Congrats again and may the 2 of you have all the happiness in the world!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, sounds like you guys had quite the interesting week leading up to the big day. too fun! and i love the first picture. you guys are too cute, and you look absolutely beautiful! so happy for you
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD

That picture of the two of you is beautiful!! Can''t wait til you share more! Your pre-wedding week sounds like so much fun. I''m surprised your husband made it through an entire night with a bowling ball attached to his wrist! That would hurt!! Looking forward to your next installment
9.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD!
Thanks for satisfying us with a picture! How beautiful you look!
Post more!
Hungry for more!
And congratulations!!
Ty

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
you are just beautiful. congratulations!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I''m loving your update and the picture!!!! You look SO WONDERFUL!!

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!

please continue your story and MORE PICTURES!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful veil. It just flows so pretty!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooohh.. JC (although.. are you now JD too?!) --- Your wedding picture is sooooo pretty it makes me teary eyed!!! What a great picture.. And your photographer looks fantastic! Cant wait to hear about the rest of the wedding details! Congrats!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful wedding picture. Congratulations again, and I can''t wait to hear the next installment...

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
You look soooooooo pretty!!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
aaaaaaaaaaw...

you two look so cute!! you look beautiful, MRS JCJD

amyi

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful picture! I love the colors of your flowers. I would love to see them close up. Your veil looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely picture.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear JCJD-

I posted my comment yesterday under the copy of this photo you placed in the gallery. I was overwhelmed by how beautiful and innocent you looked: heavenly, like an angel. I absolutely love your veil, but saw no need for you to be draped in for the sake of modesty as I had posted when I first saw your strapless gown! You, the veil, and the dress were all just perfect.

I hope your husband will always be worthy of you and that you and he have a wonderful and rewarding life together.

Love,
Deb

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
oooh! I love this thread! And your photo...you two look gorgeous..and so in love.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I almost died when Croi did this to us...will check back for updates!!

btw...you look incredible..did I already say that?
1.gif
.. and I love the expression on your face- you glow!

Would you mind sharing the details on your gown and veil? I love the flowy-ness of the veil..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2005 9:34:31 AM
Author: lovey
Would you mind sharing the details on your gown and veil? I love the flowy-ness of the veil..

lovey,

This may not tell you everything you want to know about the gown and veil, but I thought it might be a start:

JCJD''s Gown

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoops! I see you posted to the thread I referred you to, lovey. Maybe the link to it being here will allow someone else who didn''t see that thread to learn more, though. Like you, I''d like to know more about the veil. It is exquisite!!

Deb

Rube

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful picture! I have to agree, the veil is LOVELY.

It''s almost like you two are in another world!
2.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-19.gif
Congrats!
emotion-19.gif

You guys look great!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooooooh, you look so beautiful!! I'm so happy for you. I'm enjoying reading your wedding journal--can't wait for the next installment. Congratulations and all the best for a long and happy future!
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the sweet comments everybody! To answer the questions about my dress and veil, my dress is Maggie Sottero's Mileta, satin with an organza overlay, in diamond white. The thread Deb/AGBF linked to has more pictures from my last fitting. My veil is one layer of organza with silver edging, and it tapers from fingertip length to waltz/ballet length (ends at mid-calf).

The flowers were varying types (carnations, tulips, etc), in the colors red, blue, purple, and fuschia, with greenery and fake berries. All of the GM, dad, and usher bout's were fake berries with greens, and they looked great!

And btw lovey - I'm "glowing" because it was close to 100 degrees outside! The pic was taken before the ceremony and after the formal pics were done at a city park. You can see the boulders and waterfall in the background. We were going to go to another park for more pictures of us and the wedding party, but it was so hot we decided to get back to the church's AC.

The next installment of JC and JD's wedding day is next!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
The Wedding Day, June 24, 2005!

7:00am: I woke up, 3 hours before my alarm. Decided to cat-nap with my 2 cats on the couch for a couple hours. At 9:30, gave up trying to sleep and showered. After getting ready and gathering all my accessories (jewelry, veil, shoes, emergency kit...), I didn''t have time to have breakfast, so I just had some coffee on my way out the door! After having my ering cleaned at the jewelers, I was off to lunch with my bridesmaids at 11:00am! After some delicious sub sandwiches, we went over to the hair salon for our 12:00 appointments. Despite one stylist styling 2 of my BMs hair, I was the last one done, due to setting all the curls and making sure my hair and veil would last the whole night.

The one cry:
39.gif
My dad was at the reception site that morning receiving all the deliveries, and he kept calling me that morning with information and questions! Is it OK that they set up the dance floor this way? Can I move this here? Why is this in this location? When is this happening? Someone needs to be here at this time. Who should it be? Etc etc etc etc etc!! He called me about 4 or 5 times between 10:30 and 1:00! And he completely stressed me out! So I''m sitting there having my hair done, and my dad''s stressing me out on the phone, so I handed it off to a BM and had myself a little cry. Ugh.... parents... My stylist has cut my family''s hair for almost 10 years now, so she was able to calm me down and found me some tissues. A little bit later, my dad calls back to let me know he and my BM have it all taken care of and he won''t stress me out anymore - phew!!! So that was my one and only cry before the wedding!

Finally, at about 1:30, all of our hair is done, my tears have been long dried, and my veil is in place! Off we go to the church to do our makeup and get dressed!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Testing...

ETA: photo doesn't work - sorry!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Ohh! you are such a tease! Tell us all the details! And a picture post with no picture?! not fair!! I can''t wait to hear more!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results