shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s here! I feel like it’s my original dream setting of the Tiffany Etoile band and engagement ring but with tweaks of color and style to make it exactly what I wanted. Let this be a lesson to just get exactly what you want on the first round. The Sholdt setting was only a little more expensive than my original setting.
2E260FD3-359D-4FA0-9D89-66F9AE8CE585.jpeg

It's stunning!! Looks beautiful on your hand, you must be thrilled!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
So excited to be making progress on my custom gss pearl, ACA diamond and emerald pendant! Just picked the emeralds out and waiting for all to be set. This piece has special meaning and each of the elements represent something to remind me of our family home on Cape Cod, recently sold to support my Mom in assisted living. Hopefully only a few weeks more. Can’t wait!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So excited to be making progress on my custom gss pearl, ACA diamond and emerald pendant! Just picked the emeralds out and waiting for all to be set. This piece has special meaning and each of the elements represent something to remind me of our family home on Cape Cod, recently sold to support my Mom in assisted living. Hopefully only a few weeks more. Can’t wait!

Can’t wait to see it!!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
So a week ago I dropped off a giant Bag o' Diamonds at Whiteflash.

It was a seriously weird feeling walking into their office building with a bag of loose stones. (They were each in little boxes, but were all unset.) I felt like a pirate with a bag of booty!

For those following my tennis bracelet journey, several years ago (its been so frick'n long) I began buying individual diamonds to have set in a bracelet. Because this is going to be my one-and-only tennis bracelet (I don't like wearing stacks) I wanted it to be amazing, top of the line, and my holy grail. All the diamonds are ACAs, all .33 - .35 ct, 4.40 - 4.50 mm, D, IF - VVS2.

I needed 30 total diamonds. To say this project tested my patience is the understatement of the century. :lol-2:

For most holidays, Christmas, birthday, anniversaries, etc, I've just selected these little diamonds to receive as presents. I've also bought many myself at other times of the year when they pop up on the WF website and I happen to have a little extra $ coming in from my side hustles.

At the turn of 2023, I had only 6 more diamond to go! So I placed a custom cut order for the final 6!

Recently WF told me to bring all my previously collected diamonds in to their office because they expected to start setting soon.

My completion date is the end of March! About two weeks until my holy grail tennis bracelet arrives. Whoop, whoop! There were times this felt like a nightmare project, and I'm super relieved to have (almost) completed it!

I'm naming her Delilah.

Final Prep for Delilah 1 web ready small.jpg

^^^Me the night before the big Diamond Drop-off. These are only 17 of the total 30!

@RunningwithScissors , did you receive your completed bracelet and I somehow missed your SMTB thread? To my count it has been about 6 weeks since you dropped off all those beauties. Any news?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in more like the month-ish club at this point. My stone has been cut, has been to GIA, but….are you ready for this? GIA forgot to inscribe it so it has to go back. They inscribed “A Cut Above” and the ACA logo, and then forgot to put the GIA number on it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in more like the month-ish club at this point. My stone has been cut, has been to GIA, but….are you ready for this? GIA forgot to inscribe it so it has to go back. They inscribed “A Cut Above” and the ACA logo, and then forgot to put the GIA number on it.

Oh, no - how long will that take??? So frustrating I am sure!!!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, no - how long will that take??? So frustrating I am sure!!!

I’m not sure. They requested to expedite it, though.

Honestly, I am not even frustrated, because I am too busy being over the moon with the results of the cut. You ready for this?

It came back a clarity grade higher AND nearly a quarter of a carat heavier. No charge for the upgrade.

We were guaranteed a 4.00-4.05 I VS1. It’s a 4.20 I VVS2.

Seriously, I’m still on the floor.

Photo of stone on Becca’s hand. Look at the colors and omg, those fat arrows!!!!

F3B231CB-6B9D-4A66-A8DD-E11E8B81AB43.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Honestly, I am not even frustrated, because I am too busy being over the moon with the results of the cut. You ready for this?

It came back a clarity grade higher AND nearly a quarter of a carat heavier. No charge for the upgrade.

Photo of stone on Becca’s hand. Look at the colors and omg, those fat arrows!!!!

Eek, that is so exciting! It looks gorgeous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It came back a clarity grade higher AND nearly a quarter of a carat heavier. No charge for the

Wow! You got a deal! It looks gorgeous and huge. So happy that this worked out - I could take a little hiccup in the process too. Now you need a setting and onto your hand. Fabulous!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Holy wow!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock

OMG!!! Amazing—so happy for you!! Can’t wait to see it!!! Just wow on those results

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the 2 + 10 week club. Does that count?

I had a sparkly-less Christmas, I don't know how I'm going to get through three more long months...eek!

RWS, have I missed your tennis bracelet? I am assuming you must have it by now? Can’t wait to see!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
RWS, have I missed your tennis bracelet? I am assuming you must have it by now? Can’t wait to see!!

Hi MIssGotRocks! :wavey:

I do have it now. Many delays in it being assembled, but its finally on my wrist...however... I'm taking it back tomorrow to WF for the setting to be tweaked. Its not the best example of their workmanship unfortunately. That's why I haven't posted pics yet.

But the diamonds are gorgeous! Those little ACA are sparkle bombs! And its so much fun having a real tennis bracelet! I've been wearing a CZ tester bracelet for about three years now. :lol-2: Nothing beats real diamonds!

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here's a little sneak peek. My DH & I driving home after picking her up:

I so wish I could enlarge Utube videos on my phone! It looks lovely though and I am sorry you are having issues with the setting. Hope how soon they are able to remedy those and get it back to you!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
This is completed. I'd imagine I'd have it within the next two weeks. Probably one of my last loose diamond purchases for a good long while. I will have two antique pear cuts, but I'm partial to the shape.

IMG-20230515-WA0009.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20230515-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230515-WA0004.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20230515-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20230515-WA0007.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-20230515-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230515-WA0006.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 49

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This is completed. I'd imagine I'd have it within the next two weeks. Probably one of my last loose diamond purchases for a good long while. I will have two antique pear cuts, but I'm partial to the shape.

IMG-20230515-WA0009.jpg

Someday, I want one so bad.
This is beautiful, but then again, aren't all your rings amazing?
Yes, yes they are.:love:

starbrite

Shiny_Rock

IMG-20230515-WA0009.jpg

It's gorgeous! I love everything about it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first tennis bracelet is coming from ID Jewelry! 3 carats, earth mined, PS quality. Here’s the video they sent me.

It is so pretty! I assume it is a three prong setting? I love that you can see the roundness of each diamond! Can’t wait for you to get it - we will need lots of pics!!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
It is so pretty! I assume it is a three prong setting? I love that you can see the roundness of each diamond! Can’t wait for you to get it - we will need lots of pics!!

Yes, three prong! I was driving myself crazy trying to find the perfect one at Costco, but I didn’t like the settings. And, IDJ confirmed they have an upgrade policy for tennis bracelets! You get full credit for your purchase price minus 25% towards a mined bracelet of greater value.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, three prong! I was driving myself crazy trying to find the perfect one at Costco, but I didn’t like the settings. And, IDJ confirmed they have an upgrade policy for tennis bracelets! You get full credit for your purchase price minus 25% towards a mined bracelet of greater value.

Wow - that upgrade policy is wonderful! Never heard of that for bracelets but I like it!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first tennis bracelet is coming from ID Jewelry! 3 carats, earth mined, PS quality. Here’s the video they sent me.

YUM......... Perfect!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

IMG-20230515-WA0009.jpg

Absolutely stunning! I love the stone and mount

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

IMG-20230515-WA0009.jpg

@elizat this is so spectacular! I love this pear cut stone. Do you mind telling us who made this lovely mounting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results