shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Should be receiving my ring and eternity band tomorrow!

I had both custom made (engagement ring was remade, as I wasn’t completely happy with the style I originally picked months back). I didn’t want the prongs on the engagement ring to rub on the eternity band. I also wanted the height and width of the eternity band and engagement ring to be similar so it looked balanced.

Received the photos from WhiteFlash yesterday. I did notice the eternity band looks slightly taller than the engagement ring in the second photo, but I’m hoping in person it won’t be too noticeable!

These are the photos they sent me. Can’t wait! Hope they look great in person.

(Engagement ring is 2.738 ACA and the eternity band is 3mm open basket)

9FDDD90F-BD7E-41DB-922C-5A15E45F2921.jpeg 0F042A03-4E60-4002-BD6E-7C87D4D99DA9.jpeg

Drools.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I am waiting for my new solitaire. I was told the diamond would be in tomorrow... I emailed to confirm today and haven't heard back yet. :cry2:

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
Ok, I think I can join this club...

I'm upgrading my 3.23 J IF solitaire for a 4.23 J VS1 solitaire. Currently waiting on AGS to recertify my current stone before they set and send my new one! Process is currently slow due to COVID but hopefully I will have it in 2 weeks!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I think I can join this club...

I'm upgrading my 3.23 J IF solitaire for a 4.23 J VS1 solitaire. Currently waiting on AGS to recertify my current stone before they set and send my new one! Process is currently slow due to COVID but hopefully I will have it in 2 weeks!

cannot WAIT to see! I forgot, is your stone from WF or CBI?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
It’ll be a bit more than 2 weeks, but I ordered a 3/4 eternity band of 20 pointers from Wolf/cbi. Should be done towards the end of august. I can’t wait to see it and looking at all your photos has been awesome in the meantime!

amazing! please post a SMTB thread when you get it!

creightonk

Rough_Rock
So my DK ACA halo is complete!!! I am in love with it and hopefully my girlfriend will be as well! Just waiting to confirm with them that the N/S prongs are centered with the halo (my OCD kicked in), otherwise I’m excited to share photos once it comes in!
1627866518741.jpeg

Last edited:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s here!!! I guess it was the 4 week club for me instead of 2. I can’t believe how much I love it! It was so worth the wait and self induced stress. Final carat weight ended up at 5.1, platinum ring, F color, VS1, size 6. It’s comfort fit, it’s low profile, I was seriously worried how this would feel on the hand but it’s perfect. I wish I could accurately photograph how gorgeous it is in person! Add me to the list of those who highly recommend IDJ! A1C534EE-9B4B-4A9E-9050-5CCE03FB64F4.jpeg E17DC918-0FB1-47BC-9839-89FD9174BEFA.jpeg 46AB7789-3FB7-453F-A2D8-989A51F23BEA.jpeg
Gorgeous!!! Beautiful on you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s being shipped out on Monday!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reactions: caf

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh the simplicity of this is superb!

Thank you @APlaceForEverything! I had a moissanite emerald cut that I had David make this same setting for. I sold that ring..but really missed this setting. He used the same cad so it’s exactly the same! I love simple settings..

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
My two weeks keeps on rolling ... but my purchases must absolutely stop now!!!

- E-ring and wedding ring: back and detailed and lovely
- Half bezel TB: arrived. Adore
- Moissy hoops: arrived. Disappointing but ok and not worth returning
- sapphire and diamond ring: head office went on holiday and haven't replied after TWO WEEKS. Took it into the shop for repair which was not a problem except according to them glueing in small stones is common *facepalm* *over it* *just want it fixed*
- anniversary ring: arrived but I wasn't happy with colour so it's going back which involves an hour round trip. I've re-ordered in a higher colour and tcw (my first lab stones - I know size will make me happy with this purchase!). Fingers crossed this one arrives by our anniversary on 20 August!
- diamond bar necklace: apparently left Illinois but updates are thin
- DBTY necklace: expecting to be shipped end of week

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors I cannot find your post from a couple of months ago, but I believe you were waiting on your custom studs and also getting something sized at VCA…? I believe it was in this thread somewhere! I am so curious to see the beauties!

You are so sweet to remember KristinTech!

Yes, studs are done and on my ears! And I've bought two small pieces at VCA. Its been a summer of bling buying!

I promise I will take some pics soon. I've been busy traveling but am home now and will get to work on it! :)

What pieces are you currently considering? What's next on your bling wishlist?

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are so sweet to remember KristinTech!

Yes, studs are done and on my ears! And I've bought two small pieces at VCA. Its been a summer of bling buying!

I promise I will take some pics soon. I've been busy traveling but am home now and will get to work on it! :)

What pieces are you currently considering? What's next on your bling wishlist?

@RunningwithScissors As I continue to hem and haw, I have been saving saving saving. For VCA, I all of a sudden have an urge to get the turquoise butterfly earrings. But a vintage pendant (RG with GMOP) or five-motive all gold bracelet (RG) are still the top contenders. I could get all of them at this point if I wanted to! But another important item is potentially resetting my 1 carat oval engagement ring. I still wear it everyday. :) My CBI three-stone is my RHR, and I also wear it daily! For the reset, I’m thinking of something like Victor Camera’s Sophia, or even a Toi et Moi from him with a colored stone that he would source. I know he does not typically work with outside stones. I haven’t even contacted him yet. I’m in no hurry right now.

It has been a lot easier to pass over random beauties now that I have gotten so serious about saving. It has helped keep me focused. Although, now I feel like I should spend a significant chunk on an extravagant family vacation next year… depending on covid. I have been so busy taking my daughter on college visits this summer, and the college towns didn’t have a VCA, so I still haven’t visited a boutique!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
@RunningwithScissors As I continue to hem and haw, I have been saving saving saving. For VCA, I all of a sudden have an urge to get the turquoise butterfly earrings. But a vintage pendant (RG with GMOP) or five-motive all gold bracelet (RG) are still the top contenders. I could get all of them at this point if I wanted to! But another important item is potentially resetting my 1 carat oval engagement ring. I still wear it everyday. :) My CBI three-stone is my RHR, and I also wear it daily! For the reset, I’m thinking of something like Victor Camera’s Sophia, or even a Toi et Moi from him with a colored stone that he would source. I know he does not typically work with outside stones. I haven’t even contacted him yet. I’m in no hurry right now.

It has been a lot easier to pass over random beauties now that I have gotten so serious about saving. It has helped keep me focused. Although, now I feel like I should spend a significant chunk on an extravagant family vacation next year… depending on covid. I have been so busy taking my daughter on college visits this summer, and the college towns didn’t have a VCA, so I still haven’t visited a boutique!

We have similar VCA taste, ha ha! I have the RG 5 motif vintage bracelet, and I am longing for the RG GMOP necklace! But I want the long, magic size for the necklace. I also love the butterfly earrings, but was thinking about YG MOP. :kiss2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

I like all of the ideas you are considering!

I know what you mean about saving. I too find it difficult to decide to spend a chunk of money once I've saved it because it takes so darn long/amount of effort to accumulate it. And then there's the opportunity cost because if you spend it on one item, that puts the brakes on other items on the wish list. *Sigh* (First world problems!)

The Toi et Moi ring sounds really romantic. What kind of colored gemstone are you thinking? And the Sophia setting is one of my all-time favs for a center diamond! Victor is such an amazing artist.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results