shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone who held my hand while I waited – and waited – and waited for my roses/diamonds band. You all helped to make the wait less difficult.

Attached are my first photos of my DKJ “Roses” Anniversary Band.

Now that I have it on my hand I can safely say that I’m soooo unbelievably happy with my new ring. :D

I feel it’s actually twice as gorgeous (or more) in person as in the photos!!! So far, my photos haven’t caught the beauty of the engraving on the shank. It’s stunning. This ring was well worth the wait. Although a delicate ring, everything about it is perfect. It’s just what I wanted. As soon as I have time, I will eventually add some more photos (including hand shots) to SMTB.

RoseRingFirstLook-1000.jpg

Stats: 3/4 eternity band that is “Solid 14k rose gold, set with .64cts of F color, VS clarity round brilliant diamonds with comfort fit interior.”

Oh how lovely! What a gorgeous design. Love this!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
More like the 2 hour club!! Going to pick up my bracelet soon!! It's been a long time coming and probably my last big bling purchase for a while eep!!

omcbracelet.PNG

Love this!! Can you tell us about it, @maryjane04 ? Thanks!

Elicia

Rough_Rock
It’s here!!! I guess it was the 4 week club for me instead of 2. I can’t believe how much I love it! It was so worth the wait and self induced stress. Final carat weight ended up at 5.1, platinum ring, F color, VS1, size 6. It’s comfort fit, it’s low profile, I was seriously worried how this would feel on the hand but it’s perfect. I wish I could accurately photograph how gorgeous it is in person! Add me to the list of those who highly recommend IDJ! A1C534EE-9B4B-4A9E-9050-5CCE03FB64F4.jpeg E17DC918-0FB1-47BC-9839-89FD9174BEFA.jpeg 46AB7789-3FB7-453F-A2D8-989A51F23BEA.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s here!!! I guess it was the 4 week club for me instead of 2. I can’t believe how much I love it! It was so worth the wait and self induced stress. Final carat weight ended up at 5.1, platinum ring, F color, VS1, size 6. It’s comfort fit, it’s low profile, I was seriously worried how this would feel on the hand but it’s perfect. I wish I could accurately photograph how gorgeous it is in person! Add me to the list of those who highly recommend IDJ! A1C534EE-9B4B-4A9E-9050-5CCE03FB64F4.jpeg E17DC918-0FB1-47BC-9839-89FD9174BEFA.jpeg 46AB7789-3FB7-453F-A2D8-989A51F23BEA.jpeg

Your ring is beautiful..I love the low profile..

valenledge

Shiny_Rock

Congrats!!! Diamonds from every angle! How do you get anything done?

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
One of my two-week-waits is here!

But is it!? With our tenth anniversary a month away, my husband has confiscated it until then ... he thinks he's so amusing :lol:

Anyway I got a few photos and I'm delighted. Not much to some, but quite a lot to me. It's a James Allen 7-stone, 1.5tcw, H-I SI1-2. So comfortable and the sparkle level is excellent! Shipping to Aus was quick, and even with the 15% I had to add for taxes and customs it was still a great buy.

image2 (1).jpeg

But in worse news .... my diamond pave and sapphire ring that was off for repair has hit a hitch. The jewellers I took it to (suburban and reputable - Holdsworth for anyone in Melbourne, with their own bench) spotted not only a *glued* in sapphire (!!!!), but multiple cracks in the ring itself!

They rightly declined to repair it and quoted me $3,000 to remake from scratch with extra gold to make it more secure. Even they were hesitant to recomment this course of action to me given that it's only worth $3k on the most generous of valuations, and I only paid $1.5k. At this point my only real option is to go back to where I bought it (the only jewellers who've ever worked on it - they resized it and glued that sapphire back so I don't think I'm outside the bounds of reasonableness in expecting more than 6 years of wear from the band!) and insist they repair or remake it properly.

So far, six days after I emailed them to discuss options, all I have recieved is auto-responses. It's (apparently) a small family business and we are in lockdown, but I would have expected at least a personalised receipt of acknowledgement by now. My hackles are up.

My other JA purchase, a tennis bracelet, is languishing somewhere between Border Force (customs) and Fedex so I'm crossing everything for delivery tomorrow so I can have something shiny to salve my annoyance!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

But is it!? With our tenth anniversary a month away, my husband has confiscated it until then ... he thinks he's so amusing :lol:

Anyway I got a few photos and I'm delighted. Not much to some, but quite a lot to me. It's a James Allen 7-stone, 1.5tcw, H-I SI1-2. So comfortable and the sparkle level is excellent! Shipping to Aus was quick, and even with the 15% I had to add for taxes and customs it was still a great buy.

image2 (1).jpeg

But in worse news .... my diamond pave and sapphire ring that was off for repair has hit a hitch. The jewellers I took it to (suburban and reputable - Holdsworth for anyone in Melbourne, with their own bench) spotted not only a *glued* in sapphire (!!!!), but multiple cracks in the ring itself!

They rightly declined to repair it and quoted me $3,000 to remake from scratch with extra gold to make it more secure. Even they were hesitant to recomment this course of action to me given that it's only worth $3k on the most generous of valuations, and I only paid $1.5k. At this point my only real option is to go back to where I bought it (the only jewellers who've ever worked on it - they resized it and glued that sapphire back so I don't think I'm outside the bounds of reasonableness in expecting more than 6 years of wear from the band!) and insist they repair or remake it properly.

So far, six days after I emailed them to discuss options, all I have recieved is auto-responses. It's (apparently) a small family business and we are in lockdown, but I would have expected at least a personalised receipt of acknowledgement by now. My hackles are up.

My other JA purchase, a tennis bracelet, is languishing somewhere between Border Force (customs) and Fedex so I'm crossing everything for delivery tomorrow so I can have something shiny to salve my annoyance!

@APlaceForEverything Your Anniversary band is gorgeous! They make such pretty diamond bands.
I’m sorry to hear about your sapphire ring. Hopefully you can work something out with them.

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
@APlaceForEverything Your Anniversary band is gorgeous! They make such pretty diamond bands.
I’m sorry to hear about your sapphire ring. Hopefully you can work something out with them.

Thank you so much MamaBee! I am so happy with the whole experience and outcome with JA and most of all what it represents.

And with those sapphires … I will remain calm! For a while longer ;-)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I totally got the timing wrong. My pendant is done at the setter, next up is the engraver. But we’re getting close. I’m extremely pleased with my progress pics! AEB26C4E-7D34-42AA-A01A-0D8A15FE1C51.jpeg

AGHHHH, wheeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn?!
When can I see it in all it's glory? I'm dying, here!:lickout:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha. I don’t know, I didn’t ask. I figured I’d pester her at two weeks after this update pic. So roughly at the end of the month I’ll ask. I’m kinda excited about the engraving! It should have a nice Japanese flair to it. This is my inspiration

AGHHHH, wheeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn?!
When can I see it in all it's glory? I'm dying, here!:lickout:

Attachments

• 1CF46715-9155-42B0-8182-677C171222EF.jpeg
    1CF46715-9155-42B0-8182-677C171222EF.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I just got it @Fabulous50 excuse the lighting haha. It's an antique old mine cut bracelet. I was too excited not to take some lousy photos while having Vietnamese for dinner!
20210715_190032.jpg

20210715_190422.jpg

Wow! That is gorgeous!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful! That's a perfect size on your hand. It has presence but also looks comfortable. What size are the individual diamonds if I may ask?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

image2 (1).jpeg

Very pretty! Enjoy! Sorry about your sapphire ring, but its better to know then wear it and have it break or a stone fall out.

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
Should be receiving my ring and eternity band tomorrow!

I had both custom made (engagement ring was remade, as I wasn’t completely happy with the style I originally picked months back). I didn’t want the prongs on the engagement ring to rub on the eternity band. I also wanted the height and width of the eternity band and engagement ring to be similar so it looked balanced.

Received the photos from WhiteFlash yesterday. I did notice the eternity band looks slightly taller than the engagement ring in the second photo, but I’m hoping in person it won’t be too noticeable!

These are the photos they sent me. Can’t wait! Hope they look great in person.

(Engagement ring is 2.738 ACA and the eternity band is 3mm open basket)

9FDDD90F-BD7E-41DB-922C-5A15E45F2921.jpeg 0F042A03-4E60-4002-BD6E-7C87D4D99DA9.jpeg

Last edited:

realhauswife

Rough_Rock

I had both custom made (engagement ring was remade, as I wasn’t completely happy with the style I originally picked months back). I didn’t want the prongs on the engagement ring to rub on the eternity band. I also wanted the height and width of the eternity band and engagement ring to be similar so it looked balanced.

Received the photos from WhiteFlash yesterday. I did notice the eternity band looks slightly taller than the engagement ring in the second photo, but I’m hoping in person it won’t be too noticeable!

9FDDD90F-BD7E-41DB-922C-5A15E45F2921.jpeg 0F042A03-4E60-4002-BD6E-7C87D4D99DA9.jpeg

WOW your new set looks amazing in the photos! My eternity band is also slightly taller/comes out a tiny bit further than my engagement ring and I never notice when I'm wearing it. :) I'm sure yours will look perfect!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock

I love this set, and look at how white and bright, with those arrows! I followed your journey and also really loved your original. What changes did you end up making?

So happy for you to get this!

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
Very pretty! Enjoy! Sorry about your sapphire ring, but its better to know then wear it and have it break or a stone fall out.

Sorry I missed this! Yes I totally agree. One of the cracks is visible to the naked eye so I’m glad I know now.
10 days and no response from the jeweller so I’m about to escalate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results