shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
@APlaceForEverything Don't settle..Stay focused on what you really want. I’ve done that..It’s not good to go in a different direction because you won’t be happy. Good luck!

@MamaBee , I wish I could say things turned out that way! After a fairly underwhelming and unhelpful response from IDJ, I put a pin in working with them for now. I went for a slightly lower quality but much more budget-friendly pair and with none of the hassle. These aren’t super-special pieces for me so I’m happy to compromise (although ask me again when the pair I bough actually arrive … I may go crawling back!).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee , I wish I could say things turned out that way! After a fairly underwhelming and unhelpful response from IDJ, I put a pin in working with them for now. I went for a slightly lower quality but much more budget-friendly pair and with none of the hassle. These aren’t super-special pieces for me so I’m happy to compromise (although ask me again when the pair I bough actually arrive … I may go crawling back!).

@APlaceForEverything I hope you love them!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, venting. I am still waiting for the US/CAD border to open so I can go see if the THE RING is the really THE RING in real life. (I posted about it a while back wondering about the ”used“ v “new” diamond prices, and many of you were super helpful in teaching me about some of the complexities to consider there. Thank you again for that). We have a refundable deposit on the ring, so its ours if we decide we want it. Current border rumors are maybe on the 21st they’ll just let the current closure expire, but who knows. On the positive, I finally got the call for my 2nd vax which is this Thurs, so I’ll be good for border crossings on the 29th. Waiting for that appointment has been almost as annoying as waiting to see the ring. :razz:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered my new pair of diamond studs from James Allen two and a bit weeks before I am due to go on vacation. Super excited. Then realised - oh crap - what happens if it’s delivered after we leave for our holiday?!

I emailed JA and said could they hold postage until we got back but apparently that isn’t possible. So I have to nominate another address for delivery. Frankly I can’t see how that is a safer option for me as a consumer than “just wait three weeks to send it”.

Bit disappointed frankly.

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
I ordered my new pair of diamond studs from James Allen two and a bit weeks before I am due to go on vacation. Super excited. Then realised - oh crap - what happens if it’s delivered after we leave for our holiday?!

I emailed JA and said could they hold postage until we got back but apparently that isn’t possible. So I have to nominate another address for delivery. Frankly I can’t see how that is a safer option for me as a consumer than “just wait three weeks to send it”.

Bit disappointed frankly.

Will there be a local “official” FedEx/UPS store near you on vacation that they can send to and hold for pick up (with ID)? I’m not sure what they use but that’s about as safe as any other location they would send it to. Outside of you being at home and signing for it directly!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Ok, venting. I am still waiting for the US/CAD border to open so I can go see if the THE RING is the really THE RING in real life. (I posted about it a while back wondering about the ”used“ v “new” diamond prices, and many of you were super helpful in teaching me about some of the complexities to consider there. Thank you again for that). We have a refundable deposit on the ring, so its ours if we decide we want it. Current border rumors are maybe on the 21st they’ll just let the current closure expire, but who knows. On the positive, I finally got the call for my 2nd vax which is this Thurs, so I’ll be good for border crossings on the 29th. Waiting for that appointment has been almost as annoying as waiting to see the ring. :razz:

Wishing you lots and lots of distractions and patience! It sounds like this is all very soon within the same window - full vaccination plus ring!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing you lots and lots of distractions and patience! It sounds like this is all very soon within the same window - full vaccination plus ring!

Thank you Valenledge. From your lips, as the saying goes!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
@starbrite Ive been following your beautiful band journey for the last few weeks and am sorry and sympathetic you’re in a both a waiting and limbo right now. I have been and would be very anxious, and I admire your patience and understanding.

It is a truly unique piece (I had no idea it had been designed before!), so I hope you get an update soon, and your wait is short.

Everyone here is so supportive! I feel like my introverted self that loves and obsesses about jewelry as a hobby is really seen! 8)

Here's the inspiration ring from DKJ.

Rose Band.jpg

I was going to order the band as seen, but then, I started to think of things I'd like to also have: like diamonds!!! So I guess with my changes, my roses anniversary band will be unique.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
I started this project only 4 weeks ago, June 4th, and was given about a 5 week estimate for completion. I received a brief video rather than photos of the completed ring. It has been shipped and should arrive tomorrow.

I just looked to see when I first started on my roses/diamonds project. It was the whole way back in March!!! However, the final CAD wasn't approved until May. Delivery was then promised by mid June.

Have you received your ring yet?

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Sorry you have been waiting so long. I have heard all the vendors are seriously behind from record number of orders. Fingers crossed you get word soon. I know your project will be breathtaking when it is finished.

If its any consolation, my stud project from its inception (deciding I wanted to upgrade) to picking up my finished, set studs took exactly one year. It was a very looooooooong year with naked ears. But worth it in the end!

Can you call DK? Perhaps a phone call would be more direct?

I finally heard from David again. There was another delay over the Holiday weekend because the engraver (last thing to be finished on the ring) had gone out of town.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Will there be a local “official” FedEx/UPS store near you on vacation that they can send to and hold for pick up (with ID)? I’m not sure what they use but that’s about as safe as any other location they would send it to. Outside of you being at home and signing for it directly!

That’s a good idea, but I’ve actually found a friend who will accept delivery for me. But now I have to leave cash with her for the import taxes and she might be out when it comes and and and…. It’s just an annoyance. Oh well, at least I should have a nice surprise waiting for me when I get back from vacation.

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
I just looked to see when I first started on my roses/diamonds project. It was the whole way back in March!!! However, the final CAD wasn't approved until May. Delivery was then promised by mid June.

Have you received your ring yet?

Yes! I received it yesterday and all is well. I'm glad you received an explanation for where your band of roses project stands.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Whoopy!!! My roses/diamond ring is now finished! What a difference just one day made!

It's so beautiful in the photos. The real ring seems somewhat different than the rendering I posted a couple of weeks ago. Still, it is really quite beautiful.

If the ring looks the same in person as in the photos, it will have been worth the wait. For some reason the rose gold in the photos looks more "red" than what I was expecting. But that could be just the photos. Either way, it’s a beautiful ring.

Now I'm in the "just awaiting UPS delivery" club. Although it's a few weeks late for our anniversary, I should soon have my new anniversary band. Now, I've become very excited and can hardly wait.

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Whoopy!!! My roses/diamond ring is now finished! What a difference just one day made!

It's so beautiful in the photos. The real ring seems somewhat different than the rendering I posted a couple of weeks ago. Still, it is really quite beautiful.

If the ring looks the same in person as in the photos, it will have been worth the wait. For some reason the rose gold in the photos looks more "red" than what I was expecting. But that could be just the photos. Either way, it’s a beautiful ring.

Now I'm in the "just awaiting UPS delivery" club. Although it's a few weeks late for our anniversary, I should soon have my new anniversary band. Now, I've become very excited and can hardly wait.

SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Waiting was hard, but the longer wait has really built up the anticipation of how beautiful it will be on your hand with DK’s extra attention and time to the creation! I’m so excited for your update!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

This is fantastic news! Yay!!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Yahoooooo! Have been rooting for you. Go rose band go!

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
A small update from me …. I got a call from the jeweller repairing my pavé and sapphire ring. Apparently the setting is cracked (cracked!?!?) and they won’t fix it as it’s not their ring. I have to collect it and take it back to where I bought it (frankly a lesser quality store) and now argue with them (which they will).

Not my best news of the day.

On the bright side, I am on a buying roll (which must now absolutely stop!!) and can add to my waitlist the half bezel tennis bracelet from JA. Oops. My finger slipped. It fell into the cart.

I am loving seeing all your amazing deliveries!!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
A small update from me …. I got a call from the jeweller repairing my pavé and sapphire ring. Apparently the setting is cracked (cracked!?!?) and they won’t fix it as it’s not their ring. I have to collect it and take it back to where I bought it (frankly a lesser quality store) and now argue with them (which they will).

Not my best news of the day.

On the bright side, I am on a buying roll (which must now absolutely stop!!) and can add to my waitlist the half bezel tennis bracelet from JA. Oops. My finger slipped. It fell into the cart.

I am loving seeing all your amazing deliveries!!

I'm very sad to hear about your ring state! I would be so mad and frustrated. I really hope the original store is smart enough to provide you with excellent customer support and care for your ring. They don't even know how much business they're missing out on because of it!

Also on the bright side, all of us do benefit from your inadvertent button pushes (I do this when ordering dessert items for delivery), and I'm excited you (and we) have shiny things and photos to look forward to.

Wishing you happy dust for both!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I am now in the pre two week stage. Waiting for a final check to be mailed 6/18 once it arrives I can order my 3.00 studs. the wait is killing me

Now im in the no idea club. Still looking for stones

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
So pesky, those finger slips!

I’ve also dropped over your Maytal/WF upgrade @valenledge - oh my, what a beauty. The stone is a knockout and the setting so graceful down to the prongs. You must be over the moon!

I’ll hope for the best with the store for my repair … and maybe prepare for the worst. They once made this ring bigger for me and made all sorts of grumpy noises about it, and I got the third degree when a previous stone fell out - it was a lecture on not wearing it daily! No wonder I don’t go there any more!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
@starbrite this is torture :lol: I hope you are working on your photo shoot now:razz:

Also, I’m back in this club! I’m sending my cluster ring back to DKJ for some QC and also sending a tennis bracelet for him to shorten from 7” closer to 6”. Not sure what if anything to do with any of the small diamonds that are removed! :Up_to_something:

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone who held my hand while I waited – and waited – and waited for my roses/diamonds band. You all helped to make the wait less difficult.

Attached are my first photos of my DKJ “Roses” Anniversary Band.

Now that I have it on my hand I can safely say that I’m soooo unbelievably happy with my new ring. :D

I feel it’s actually twice as gorgeous (or more) in person as in the photos!!! So far, my photos haven’t caught the beauty of the engraving on the shank. It’s stunning. This ring was well worth the wait. Although a delicate ring, everything about it is perfect. It’s just what I wanted. As soon as I have time, I will eventually add some more photos (including hand shots) to SMTB.

RoseRingFirstLook-1000.jpg

Stats: 3/4 eternity band that is “Solid 14k rose gold, set with .64cts of F color, VS clarity round brilliant diamonds with comfort fit interior.”

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I totally got the timing wrong. My pendant is done at the setter, next up is the engraver. But we’re getting close. I’m extremely pleased with my progress pics! AEB26C4E-7D34-42AA-A01A-0D8A15FE1C51.jpeg

Wowza! Who is making this glorious pendant?

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful!

Thank you everyone who held my hand while I waited – and waited – and waited for my roses/diamonds band. You all helped to make the wait less difficult.

Attached are my first photos of my DKJ “Roses” Anniversary Band.

Now that I have it on my hand I can safely say that I’m soooo unbelievably happy with my new ring. :D

I feel it’s actually twice as gorgeous (or more) in person as in the photos!!! So far, my photos haven’t caught the beauty of the engraving on the shank. It’s stunning. This ring was well worth the wait. Although a delicate ring, everything about it is perfect. It’s just what I wanted. As soon as I have time, I will eventually add some more photos (including hand shots) to SMTB.

RoseRingFirstLook-1000.jpg

Stats: 3/4 eternity band that is “Solid 14k rose gold, set with .64cts of F color, VS clarity round brilliant diamonds with comfort fit interior.”

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
CvB. We’ve been working on it for almost a year. My doing, not her lol. I have squirrel brain and I’m AR. Odd combo, but she doesn’t seam to mind.

Wowza! Who is making this glorious pendant?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results