shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Got my eternity band from IDJ! FedEx shipping was delayed then I wasn’t home the next day but was redelivered on Christmas Eve! Very happy with it. So comfortable. Have to wear a Tiffany thin milgrain band as a spacer though as I’m afraid the diamonds will wear into the e-ring head. DE93F7AC-919B-403E-A29E-9CB5F33C16C2.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Got my eternity band from IDJ! FedEx shipping was delayed then I wasn’t home the next day but was redelivered on Christmas Eve! Very happy with it. So comfortable. Have to wear a Tiffany thin milgrain band as a spacer though as I’m afraid the diamonds will wear into the e-ring head. DE93F7AC-919B-403E-A29E-9CB5F33C16C2.jpeg

I happen to love it with the milgrain spacer! I also love the new band. :love:

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Bit late to the waiting game, but I’m hoping my retro ring will arrive in the next week! It has left the states but as it will be getting customs charges and it’s Christmas it will probably be two weeks! It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I love retro and diamonds so together they are the perfect match in my eyes! It’s 1.75ct total, chunky and sized for my index finger! I hope it’s as good in real life! Buying sight unseen is hard but over here there’s not much choice unless you want to pay big big time (I don’t!) Apologies the pictures are from a video so they’re only ok! C775CD5A-4FAB-4BFD-AE03-A3982A05C2C3.jpeg 55E361DF-1676-4EAE-874F-62FDA8F742BB.jpeg FF0687A9-BC03-4B99-9C8B-3B771B5B2D0D.jpeg

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Bit late to the waiting game, but I’m hoping my retro ring will arrive in the next week! It has left the states but as it will be getting customs charges and it’s Christmas it will probably be two weeks! It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I love retro and diamonds so together they are the perfect match in my eyes! It’s 1.75ct total, chunky and sized for my index finger! I hope it’s as good in real life! Buying sight unseen is hard but over here there’s not much choice unless you want to pay big big time (I don’t!) Apologies the pictures are from a video so they’re only ok! C775CD5A-4FAB-4BFD-AE03-A3982A05C2C3.jpeg 55E361DF-1676-4EAE-874F-62FDA8F742BB.jpeg FF0687A9-BC03-4B99-9C8B-3B771B5B2D0D.jpeg

love this!!!!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
I'm in the two week (or under) club again.

In November, I finally got the nerve up to send my 5 stone DKJ ring back to him have the shank modified to have the softer, curved edges that I originally wanted. As much as I tried, I found that I just couldn't live with the more angular shank lines with sharper edges. However, the idea of change (even if it may mean improvement) can be a bit scary. I was really happy with the ring; except for that one feature. The rework is now finally done. I have my fingers crossed that all will now be perfect & that the fit will be the same as before. I loved everything about my 5 stone DK ring; except for the one detail concerning the shank. Hopefully now, I'll love it even more. Guess I'll see soon. I'm a little nervous about the unknown.

I'll also be receiving this a ruby band from David Klass in the same delivery. Ruby20200507_175134-8003.jpg

However, my beautiful 5 stone ACA ring is really my main concern. Once I know that everything is okay with my diamond anniversary band, then, I can think more about the ruby band. The ruby band will be a RHR.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
So…. I’ve been busy. I have about 4 things in the works/coming to me.

1) 3.6ctw 7.7mm OEC studs
2) 2ctw 5-stone Edwardian OEC band
3) 14k YG hoops
4) 4.10ctw OEC DBTY
…and whatever else I decide to buy. I need help.

Edit: I forgot I have a J.R. Wood and Sons blossom band waiting for me at the post office.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

3) 14k YG hoops
4) 4.10ctw OEC DBTY

Edit: I forgot I have a J.R. Wood and Sons blossom band waiting for me at the post office.

holy moly! you must make a thread on each one :) we can't wait!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Win some; lose some. My rings are here.

I really like the 5 stone diamond ring's new rounded shank. That's so much nicer than before. I'm happy. This is such a beautiful ring. It's a forever ring. It was a long journey to get here, but now, my milestone anniversary ring is finally complete. Hurray!!! I will wear it on my both my left or right hand; depending on if I have my original wedding set on my left hand or not.

However, the ruby band I just got needs some modifications. I need to send it back.

If I didn't still have a little ruby and diamond stacking ring - purchased long ago: back in the Millennium year, I'd feel that maybe I have a curse when it comes to rubies. Back when I bought the little channel set diamond/ruby band ring (that I still own and wear), I also bought a 2 ½+ carat, pigeon blood red, natural, very high-quality loose ruby to be custom set. My little ruby/diamond band ring was actually purchased to wear with this Burnese ruby solitaire. I was able to take the band ring home the day I saw it. It was even the right size right out of the case. Cute, but just an accent piece to go with a custom made, ruby solitaire.

Meanwhile, my "holy grail" Burmese loose ruby took over two years to pay off in sizable biweekly installments. I sacrificed a lot for that stone. At the time, I felt I was lucky that the jeweler allowed me to pay for the stone in installments. That was the only way for me to afford the ruby of my dreams. The stone was gorgeous!!! It was soooo perfect in every way. A lot of people don't realize that a top-quality ruby can sometimes be more expensive than a top-quality diamond of the same size. I no longer remember why the jeweler showed it to me, but I fell madly in love with that particular ruby and had to have it. So, I gave my all for it to be mine.

Sadly, after the final payment, the ruby solitaire ring was then only in my possession for about an hour in total before the ruby itself mysteriously "was gone"; to never be seen again. I was absolutely devastated at the time. The fast loss of my holy grail ruby broke my heart. Unfortunately, the stone (ring) also was so new that it was not yet insured. Frankly, I certainly couldn't afford taking that kind of financial loss, but it was what it was. I've told the whole story elsewhere on Pricescope. For the longest time, the entire situation made me gun shy about ever getting another ruby.

Although I have since purchased another ruby ring, I know I'll never be able to again afford a true replacement for that once-in-a-lifetime (for me anyhow) loose ruby. I still have the mounting that had failed as soon as I put it on. My local jeweler (who I've been with for 20 years now) said that mounting isn't worth anything really. It was very poorly made... He said it wasn't worth repairing. So, I'll never set another stone (not even an inexpensive one) in it. Guess I probably should just throw the mounting (even with the little pave diamonds) away. But I digress.

When my husband offered to buy me a ruby ring 5 years ago as an anniversary gift, I actually turned him down because of my feared "ruby curse". I couldn't bear to form another emotional attachment over a piece of jewelry and have something bad happen to it. Being a sentimentalist, I'm attached to everything my husband has given me. Super expensive or not alike, his gifts to me are my most prized pieces of jewelry.

Eventually, I did finally buy myself another pretty nice ruby ring. Just not a holy grail one. Plus, there is no emotional attachment like there would be a special gift from my husband or like from the larger, very high-end Burmese ruby that I worked so hard to afford but never got to wear.

Anyhow, my new ruby band still needs a little more work. However, based on who I'm working with, I'm pretty sure everything will eventually end up perfect in the end. No "ruby curse." Still, having this new, unexpected setback does make me think back to the voodoo of a ruby curse... I need to get this band ring fixed and happily on my hand to get that out of my head.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

3) 14k YG hoops
4) 4.10ctw OEC DBTY

I thought one of your 5 stone rings arrived? Are you still waiting for the one from SinCity? I can’t wait to see everything!!!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I'm waiting for this wedding band, which will complete my wedding set!!! Very excited!!! It is expected to arrive in a week or so!

IMG_20220109_195817.jpg

Such a lovely band and so unique! It's beautiful! Please post pics when it arrives.

Last edited:

weemie

Shiny_Rock
So my ring came today! I’m on the fence about it, what do you think? Colour and clarity of the stones is amazing, I’m just not sure it’s the chunky monkey I was after! My rings are grubby, please excuse them, and my poor old camera! 16C8E3E6-8623-4604-A8D2-553D0C7ABC42.png 536215E0-D4DA-48D2-BC6F-BC98234B91B9.png

Attachments

• 7412F70D-3156-4D14-9F85-4504308BBEC2.png
    7412F70D-3156-4D14-9F85-4504308BBEC2.png
    706.3 KB · Views: 2

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Adding a couple of better pictures, what do you think? Ignore the dry hands!! 8FF4FB79-A884-4F77-9B9B-A127F61ED23F.png 83107507-8971-4686-A3C3-FB2CBD7EAE4D.png 92788577-C465-4D7A-9EEF-893DE317D2A9.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding a couple of better pictures, what do you think? Ignore the dry hands!! 8FF4FB79-A884-4F77-9B9B-A127F61ED23F.png 83107507-8971-4686-A3C3-FB2CBD7EAE4D.png 92788577-C465-4D7A-9EEF-893DE317D2A9.png

I really like it a lot!! But, I do agree that it is a bit daintier than the listing pic...not sure that's the right word lol. But it sounds like you were hoping it would be more substantial or something? that said, it's still a big look and I do think it looks great on you. But if you're on the fence maybe that means you're not really loving it.

weemie

Shiny_Rock
I really like it a lot!! But, I do agree that it is a bit daintier than the listing pic...not sure that's the right word lol. But it sounds like you were hoping it would be more substantial or something? that said, it's still a big look and I do think it looks great on you. But if you're on the fence maybe that means you're not really loving it.
Thanks for the reply!! It might be my not so dainty hands that make it look smaller! :lol-2:It’s very comfortable and easy to wear which helps, I have until tomorrow to decide if I want to return it or keep it. It was almost 700 and for around 1.70 carats I could always keep and make something different when I’m tired of it, but that may be beyond me!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I believe I am now in the 2 week club as I am patiently waiting for a ring from DK. For my upcoming 20th anniversary I decided to reset my original engagement ring diamond (which has been languishing in my jewelry box) and pair it with a paraiba tourmaline for a slightly unusual take on a "toi and moi" ring. Oh, and I also added a couple of tiny argyle pink diamonds into the mix-lol. I love the sentimentality of the "toi and moi" rings for an anniversary celebration ring and really do feel that I met my soulmate and best friend when I married my hubby. Can't wait to see the finished ring!!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I think I’m a week away from my HG upgrade from DK. I feel bad being so impatient since this is coming a few months earlier than I expected. I also have a pendant and RHR in the works from another vendor that will be coming in mid-April but my mind has been obsessing over seeing this DK upgrade.

Here are the DK project CADs:
4ADFD18F-193B-46AB-ADA6-8A67E2FDB380.jpeg

And the layouts for the pendant and RHR:
EC812818-F0E4-45C7-81DA-0574D59D7B7D.jpeg

Attachments

• C5B8BDB9-9D20-4D16-989D-695AE73E6971.jpeg
    C5B8BDB9-9D20-4D16-989D-695AE73E6971.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 19
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results