shape
carat
color
clarity

The time has come - any thoughts and prayers for mom very appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I will keep you and your mom/family in my prayers. Sending lots of brave & happy vibes your way!!
12.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Today is the day of the surgery, we are thinking of your family FG.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers are going out today for you and your family.

Jackie

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firegoddess, how is your mom doing?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, thinking about you...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and your family tonight.

widget

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom, FG...

I was reading this thread about your worries of getting too emotional. I think you'll discover (perhaps you already have) strength you never knew you had.

One thought, though...I think tears get a bad rap. I pretty much moved in with my folks when my mom had cancer. Both of us expended a lot of energy "being brave" for the other.

One day I lost it. I plopped down in the chair by her bed and started to bawl...apologizing as I did. She said, "Oh, that's OK...I do it all the time". And then she started to cry too. It turned out to be one of the tenderest, closest moments we'd ever had...crying together. By the time we were done, we were even laughing a bit through our tears.

Take care, Dear...
widget

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody for such kind words and good thoughts and prayers.

Friday was a really long day - we got up at 3 am to get ready and get to the hospital by 5 am. Lots of procedures and prepping and the surgery was underway by 8 am. Didn''t finish till about 2:30 pm. A few hours later mom was awake and we went to see her. That was the hardest part. I was okay when I got here and saw mom for the first time...thought she looked pretty darn good considering what she''d been through. The only time I really needed the brave pills was seeing her right after the surgery. She looked pretty weak and out of it (as anyone would) and somehow I managed to be brave and reassuring to everyone. When I got home late that night I did allow myself to shed the tears I needed to shed. Some were for seeing how vulnerable and weak she looked, and some were for relief that the surgery went well.

We find out on Wednesday whether the lymph nodes that were taken out show any evidence of cancer cells in them. I hope not. It would really give us something extra special to be thankful for on Thursday [Thanksgiving]. Here''s hoping...

Thanks everyone, I was thinking about all your good thoughts on Friday!!! I hope Wednesday goes just as well...
face4.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for checking in with us FG. I'm relieved to hear that the surgery went well and prayers will continue for good results on Wednesday! I'm sure it means the world to your mom to have you by her side through all of this.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update FG, have been thinking about you!! So glad the surgery went well and am hoping for good news on Wednesday. Prayers outgoing and sending you a big virtual hug!! Lisa

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update FG. I''ve been thinking about you too. I prayer for a good news report from the doctors next week..

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
FG, sweetie, best wishes for Wednesday! Thanks for letting us know what is going on with you and your Mom.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
FireGoddess
thank you for the update.I am so glad the surgery went well.
and I am hoping to hear good news on Wed.
{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, thanks so much for the update. Holding you all in my thoughts, please let us know the results.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FG, so glad you checked in. Please let us know how the results come in. Thinking of you--hugs!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
FG, thanks for the update. Glad to hear mom is doing well--I''m sure having you there is a huge help. Praying for good news on Wednesday. Keep us posted.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update FG. Hoping that the results are good and you have a very special something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Still thinking of you and yours.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FG, I''m so glad to hear the surgery went well. I''m hoping for the best for you on Wed. I know exactly how you must feel as I am going through a similar situation with my family. All my thoughts are with you and your family.
17.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m late on chiming in but wanted to say I''m glad the surgery went well and I hope you get good results on Wed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2006 9:10:53 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I''m late on chiming in but wanted to say I''m glad the surgery went well and I hope you get good results on Wed.
Ditto from me, too!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2006 9:10:53 PM
Author: diamondsrock
ditto
prayers continue

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
FG, I''m glad to hear the surgery went well. More prayers for Wednesday. Hang in there....

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to read about your Mom''s cancer. BUT I''m glad that the surgery went well. Hopefully you feel some relief. Best wishes for the results on Wednesday.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
FireGodness, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom
hope you will hear good news today.
{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad the surgery went well. Continued prayers for your mother.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FG, thinking of you and your family today...crossing my fingers for you for good test results.
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
FG, We''re thinking of you today, I hope you have good news.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your good wishes - you guys are such sweethearts.

The doctor called and said the pathology report was still not ready, so we may not hear till early next week. I''ll let you know once I hear either way. Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, drat. Well, will continue keeping you all in my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results