color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline threa

Desertrose|1455802308|3992525 said:
Thanks for your advice, Acinom. I'm thinking I'll keep it! It does totally look like love baby of an emerald and a paraiba :lol:

I have extra paraiba melee from Yvonne, so maybe I will surround it with paraiba and diamond melee or something like that!

So glad you consider keeping it. It will look amazing combined with diamonds and Paraiba melee. Do you have a pic of the melee? Is it blue or greenish?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems has purchased a very glowy Paraiba tourmaline from Yvonne :love:
She will combine this beauty with hauynes and Paraiba melee! What outline would you recommend her? Please share your views and help her choose.

There seems to be a true Paraiba/ Cuprian craze lately and Yvonne seems to be the main source. It's great to see a stream of glow in the CS section.

_2045.jpeg

_2046.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1455822689|3992633 said:
Lovinggems has purchased a very glowy Paraiba tourmaline from Yvonne :love:
She will combine this beauty with hauynes and Paraiba melee! What outline would you recommend her? Please share your views and help her choose.

There seems to be a true Paraiba/ Cuprian craze lately and Yvonne seems to be the main source. It's great to see a stream of glow in the CS section.

I'd love to help out but I can barely see anything below "original" :(sad

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Thank you Acinom! Glad to be joining everyone here with my little piece of blue heaven.

Elle let's see if this pic turns out bigger.

_964.png

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems|1455824230|3992641 said:
Thank you Acinom! Glad to be joining everyone here with my little piece of blue heaven.

Thanks lovinggems!
I like B or C better. I'm not sure of the difference between those two. Is it different melee size?
Edited: I think I see the difference now. I like the petal look of B better. So exciting!!

Who do you have doing the design and the custom work?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

elle_71125|1455825040|3992649 said:
Lovinggems|1455824230|3992641 said:

Thanks lovinggems!
I like B or C better. I'm not sure of the difference between those two. Is it different melee size?
Edited: I think I see the difference now. I like the petal look of B better. So exciting!!

Who do you have doing the design and the custom work?

Thanks for your input Elle.Yvonne is making the ring for me. :D

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Lovinggems - we must have sister stones! I'm having mine set by Yvonne in the fan necklace. Love her stuff!

Your ring design is such a great way to use a marquis shape. I agree with Elle, the B version is my favorite too.

Here's a vintage ring pic I was thinking of using as a template for my cuprian/paraiba ring...what do you all think? The center would be the new greenish stone I just got. Then for the leaves on the ring shoulder, I was thinking paraiba melee in place of the pearls...Or I could get some diamond melee? Or a mix of diamond and paraiba? I haven't approached Yvonne yet about my design ideas, so I'm not sure how many stones could be squeezed in each leaf or what the options are...

Thoughts? I'm not experienced with jewelry design so I welcome any advice!

il_261.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

DesertRose I think we are stone sisters! I like your inspiration ring, diamonds single cut or paraiba melees. What colour gold are you thinking of using?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DesertRose: what a beautiful inspiration ring! Personally I would use use a combo of diamonds and Paraiba melee. :love:

lovinggems: how do you feel about the different options now for your Yvonne ring. Are you already gearing towards a certain direction yet?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Acinom|1455984253|3993279 said:
DesertRose: what a beautiful inspiration ring! Personally I would use use a combo of diamonds and Paraiba melee. :love:

lovinggems: how do you feel about the different options now for your Yvonne ring. Are you already gearing towards a certain direction yet?

Hi Acinom,unfortunately the stone has an open inclusion at the back so the project might not be able to go ahead after all. Will wait and see if Yvonne has an alternative for me.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovinggems: oww, hopefully Yvonne has a good alternative for you. Keep us posted :wavey:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Acinom|1456043331|3993588 said:
lovinggems: oww, hopefully Yvonne has a good alternative for you. Keep us posted :wavey:

Thanks Acinom, I will keep you updated!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh how disappointing...and fingers crossed Lovinggems that Yvonne is able to find something suitable for you.

While I should be on a paraiba ban, I was contemplating one more as I still have some neon pink spinels left. Finally settled on a general idea on a style (east-west marquis with diamonds/pink spinel melee surrounding) and the stone I was looking at was sold. So just popped in on this thread to live through those who were able to get in on one. Looking forward to seeing some beautiful projects.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Adding Chrono's new Cartier inspired ring to the mix. What a gorgeous colour combination :love:

_2117.jpeg

_2118.jpeg

_2119.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

adding my new little paraiba pear at .62ct , 6.8mm x 4.5mm- also purchased from Yvonne. I am hoping it is not too included as I really like the color. Pears are also not a shape I gravitate to unless wanting a pendant as they tend to not look good on my finger, but I have some ideas for a setting that I think may work. :think:

il_268.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel|1456416931|3995554 said:
adding my new little paraiba pear at .62ct , 6.8mm x 4.5mm- also purchased from Yvonne. I am hoping it is not too included as I really like the color. Pears are also not a shape I gravitate to unless wanting a pendant as they tend to not look good on my finger, but I have some ideas for a setting that I think may work. :think:

I like :appl: Thank you for posting your stone Pinkjewel! What an amazing colour. Hopefully it amazes you in real life when you receive it. Looking forward to see your setting ideas. :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

desertrose has also added a Paraiba pear to her already amazing collection:

_2161.jpeg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Thank you lilmosun and Acinom. Yvonne found another marquise so it looks like my project is going ahead.
pinkjewel and dessertrose so jealous of your new paraiba pears!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I ended up returning the round 5mm Paraiba I got from Yvonne... because I found something I liked better! Yvonne recently listed a 2 ct neon turquoise Paraiba cab. In her listing, Yvonne said that it might have possibly been oiled. I asked for additional info and Yvonne said that it was sold to her as untreated but she knew that supplier sometimes lightly oils their stones, so she erred on the side of caution. I bought it, pending lab report. It came back as no treatment except for minor oil from being stored w/other oiled stones (no need to reoil). It was a good price even for cab so I decided to go ahead. :angel:

il_570xn_174.jpg
il_570xn_175.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1456531423|3996307 said:
I ended up returning the round 5mm Paraiba I got from Yvonne... because I found something I liked better! Yvonne recently listed a 2 ct neon turquoise Paraiba cab. In her listing, Yvonne said that it might have possibly been oiled. I asked for additional info and Yvonne said that it was sold to her as untreated but she knew that supplier sometimes lightly oils their stones, so she erred on the side of caution. I bought it, pending lab report. It came back as no treatment except for minor oil from being stored w/other oiled stones (no need to reoil). It was a good price even for cab so I decided to go ahead. :angel:

il_570xn_174.jpg
il_570xn_175.jpg

ooooh congrats Mochiko! That stone looks gorgeous!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats Mochiko. I really considered buying that one but I had just bought one from her (like an hour beforehand). Still, the temptation was real! :D

How was the round one for glow and color. I don't remember seeing any personal pics.

Can't wait to see your shots of this one.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

il_570xn_174.jpg
il_570xn_175.jpg

Oh... you got it! Funny, I was thinking about it because I wanted to make a cuprian ring like yours. Can't wait to see what you do with this one!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125|1456542296|3996395 said:
Congrats Mochiko. I really considered buying that one but I had just bought one from her (like an hour beforehand). Still, the temptation was real! :D

How was the round one for glow and color. I don't remember seeing any personal pics.

I did take some photos of the round one before I returned it. It is a gorgeous blue with a hint of turquoise, and it looks like it's radioactive, like it's lit up from within. Yvonne said that she already has a customer interested in it. :) I wish I could have kept both the round and the cab but sadly I am already way, way, over budget. The round is gorgeous! Just that I prefer oval for the setting I wanted and I have a weak spot for jelly bean cabs.

As for the cab, Yvonne said it is a bit brighter than the round but less blue. I think turquoise color goes better with my skin tone so it's perfect for me, and I prefer the larger size and shape.

By the window (but with flash)
12724781_1148212898536376_193353980_n.jpg

In office lighting
12545493_953363038044453_880309957_n.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun|1456542446|3996398 said:

il_570xn_174.jpg
il_570xn_175.jpg

Oh... you got it! Funny, I was thinking about it because I wanted to make a cuprian ring like yours. Can't wait to see what you do with this one!

:D I'm going to put it in Yvonne's camellia setting with paraiba melee. I have been mad about the camellia setting since I got an emerald pendant in that style from Yvonne. (Camellia is one of my favorite flowers. In Chinese we call it "tea flower" and growing up we had white, pink, red varieties in the garden. My mother still grows them in her garden)

Here are a couple of camellias from the garden: :bigsmile:
2016-02-26_13_0.jpg
2016-02-26_13.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1456546738|3996436 said:
:D I'm going to put it in Yvonne's camellia setting with paraiba melee. I have been mad about the camellia setting since I got an emerald pendant in that style from Yvonne. (Camellia is one of my favorite flowers. In Chinese we call it "tea flower" and growing up we had white, pink, red varieties in the garden. My mother still grows them in her garden)

Here are a couple of camellias from the garden: :bigsmile:
2016-02-26_13_0.jpg
2016-02-26_13.jpg

Ah...perhaps why the Camellia setting was what started me working with Yvonne on rings and I have two. Asian blood haha. I was wearing my (smaller) paraiba cab Camellia today and my coworker starts pointing at my hand during a meeting. Later he explained that he "thought it was cool that the ring looked like it had a little light inside" lol.

Looking forward to seeing yours! Jealous already!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems: so glad you have found a great alternative :appl: I am looking forward to see how this project evolves.

Mochiko: what a great swap!!! I love the soft roundness of Paraiba cabs. And such a great size too!
Thank you for sharing the photo of the round faceted stone. It's a beaty and I hope the other person interested is a PSer, so we can admire it some more.
You are in good company with your love for Camelia's. Wasn't it the favourite flower of Coco Chanel :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1456546136|3996433 said:
elle_71125|1456542296|3996395 said:

I did take some photos of the round one before I returned it. It is a gorgeous blue with a hint of turquoise, and it looks like it's radioactive, like it's lit up from within. Yvonne said that she already has a customer interested in it. :) I wish I could have kept both the round and the cab but sadly I am already way, way, over budget. The round is gorgeous! Just that I prefer oval for the setting I wanted and I have a weak spot for jelly bean cabs.

As for the cab, Yvonne said it is a bit brighter than the round but less blue. I think turquoise color goes better with my skin tone so it's perfect for me, and I prefer the larger size and shape.

By the window (but with flash)
12724781_1148212898536376_193353980_n.jpg

In office lighting
12545493_953363038044453_880309957_n.jpg

Thanks for posting your pics of the round. I was wondering how it looked in person...gorgeous!
I can't wait to see your cab in Yvonne's camellia setting. Oh, how I want one of those rings. :mrgreen: I know it's not as popular over here, but I too have a preference for the turquoise colored paraibas. That mix of blue and green is perfect to me. :love:

Ps. I love that cute kitty key chain. Adorable!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wish I had bother Paraiba and the cat collecting fob

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Perfect colours, I love the Camellia setting, really looking forward to seeing your ring Mochiko!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results