clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline threa

Niel|1456584076|3996558 said:
I wish I had bother Paraiba and the cat collecting fob

I can send you one if you like. The Neko Atsume phone dangly, not the paraiba, I mean. :lol:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Someone here had this gorgeous ring made by Yvonne...I can't remember who it was? Yvonne has a listing up now for I think a similar custom ring for "M".

I'm excited, my paraiba necklace and earrings should be done on Friday! I will post as soon as she sends me pics :wink2:

il_269.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Desertrose|1456758495|3997313 said:
Someone here had this gorgeous ring made by Yvonne...I can't remember who it was? Yvonne has a listing up now for I think a similar custom ring for "M".

I'm excited, my paraiba necklace and earrings should be done on Friday! I will post as soon as she sends me pics :wink2:

Didn't Yvonne have that made for herself? It is beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing your necklace and earrings!

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Oooh! A couple more paraiba cabs just popped up on Yvonnes store for those looking!

Pink Jewel - oh maybe that's who it was for! :twirl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't want to take away anyone's thunder but I'd venture to guess that Mochiko is getting her cab set in that style ring (she did say a camellia ring). I hope so because I would fall over myself to see those pics. :love:

Don't leave us in suspense Mochiko. Is it for you? :naughty:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Desertrose|1456759685|3997319 said:
Oooh! A couple more paraiba cabs just popped up on Yvonnes store for those looking!

Pink Jewel - oh maybe that's who it was for! :twirl:

Ugh they are already sold! I'm never quite fast enough. I wanted the stone Mochiko returned but Yvonne said someone else already asked about it. haha these sell too fast to keep up with :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh! What an amazing piece. Look at those glowing stones :love:
Is it yours Mochiko?

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock

Just dropping in to admire all the beautiful new paraibas! I can't wait to see everyone's new pieces!

I dropped off my center stone and melee with David Klass on Saturday, so now the waiting game begins. :twirl:

Until then, I'll just keep living vicariously through the rest of you.

Mochiko, I love your setting ideas for your new cab! I had considered the lovely camellia ring as well when looking at a setting for my center stone. Any idea what you might do with your other cuprian ring? :whistle:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

desertrose: looking forward to see pics of your neckace and earrings on Friday. Yay :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That ring in rose gold isn't mine. I think it was an earlier ring made by Yvonne. Yvonne is making me a similar ring but in platinum and with diamond instead of hauyne (I thought about hauyne but worried that I couldn't find a local jeweler who I trusted if I needed to replace any melee stones later) :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I cannot see any Paraiba cabs in Yvonne's shop anymore, and hope they went to good homes!

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1456787994|3997575 said:
I cannot see any Paraiba cabs in Yvonne's shop anymore, and hope they went to good homes!

DK, did you see the teal tourmaline trillion that Yvonne has listed? :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1456790017|3997592 said:
dk168|1456787994|3997575 said:

DK, did you see the teal tourmaline trillion that Yvonne has listed? :naughty:

Indeed I did!

Not for me as I am not keen on the colour teal.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

The paraiba cab in the camellia is one of my dream rings. Mochiko I am super jealous!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

Mochiko, I bought the teal tourmaline trillion you mentioned and returned it. It is lovely but the color wasn't right for me. I took a few more pictures and posted to get opinions. If someone is interested in that stone search my posts for a few more pics.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

So excited for everyones paraiba projects. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blushpeony|1456772422|3997419 said:
Just dropping in to admire all the beautiful new paraibas! I can't wait to see everyone's new pieces!

I dropped off my center stone and melee with David Klass on Saturday, so now the waiting game begins. :twirl:

Until then, I'll just keep living vicariously through the rest of you.

Mochiko, I love your setting ideas for your new cab! I had considered the lovely camellia ring as well when looking at a setting for my center stone. Any idea what you might do with your other cuprian ring? :whistle:

Looking forward to see DK's creation for you Blushpeony

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

My little paraiba pear has arrived- is it a keeper? :think: It is included and I'm not sure it really glows, BUT I do love the color and, relatively speaking, it was not too expensive. It definitely reminds me of the turquoise caribbean waters where I got married and I think happy thoughts when I look at it. :twirl:

So, what do you all think?

l1060064.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PinkJewel,
It's such a pretty colour. I guess it'll depend on:
1. mm size
2. Is it for a ring, pendant, etc?
3. Price
4. Is the inclusion distracting or it is mind clean enough for you?

My PT isn't eye clean but the cutting and glow masks the copper needles easily.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1457026251|3999147 said:
PinkJewel,
It's such a pretty colour. I guess it'll depend on:
1. mm size
2. Is it for a ring, pendant, etc?
3. Price
4. Is the inclusion distracting or it is mind clean enough for you?

My PT isn't eye clean but the cutting and glow masks the copper needles easily.

all good points, Chrono.
1. Size is 6.8 x 4.5- small, but OK.
2. Ring!!!!! I'd have to be able to look at that beautiful color!
3. Price was fair for what it is
4. Inclusions are the most bothersome to me. It has some dark inclusions- although they are somewhat difficult to see looking down at the gem since they are on the underside. I am trying to weigh if they would bother me as much once set in a ring.

And, Chrono, I love your ring so much- I was wondering if you'd mind if I made a "mini" sprinkle ring if I decide to keep this gem? Not a flower style like yours- just a multi color pave around the pear?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PinkJewel,
It would be an honour or compliment if anyone takes inspiration from my ring. After all, I did take inspiration from your Orchid ring. You are too kind and need not ask, but I appreciate your asking anyway.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1457027726|3999158 said:
PinkJewel,
It would be an honour or compliment if anyone takes inspiration from my ring. After all, I did take inspiration from your Orchid ring. You are too kind and need not ask, but I appreciate your asking anyway.

ahhh..we're one big PS family. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aaahhh! What a beautiful colour pinkjewel :love:
I can totally see it in a sprinkled ring!

Whether you should keep it all depends on your own tolerance level.
My experience is that I have zero tolerance for inclusions in highly availble stones. I do have a huge tolerance though for inclusions, windows and other flaws in emeralds, rubies and Paraiba's.

My faceted Paraiba has inclusions and a HUGE window but somehow it does not bother me because of the mesmerizing colour and glow. It's a super personal decision though. Try to look at it in various lighting conditions and see what you think/feel about your pear.

Since yours has a good price and a great colour it sounds as a keeper, but only if you are willing to wear it.

Happy decision making!

_2285.jpeg

_2286.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1457029617|3999171 said:

My experience is that I have zero tolerance for inclusions in highly availble stones. I do have a huge tolerance though for inclusions, windows and other flaws in emeralds, rubies and Paraiba's.

My faceted Paraiba has inclusions and a HUGE window but somehow it does not bother me because of the mesmerizing colour and glow. It's a super personal decision though. Try to look at it in various lighting conditions and see what you think/feel about your pear.

Since yours has a good price and a great colour it sounds as a keeper, but only if you are willing to wear it.

Happy decision making!

Gosh,
I could stare at yours forever Acinom. That glow is crazy! :love:

Chrono, I'm loving your new avatar pic. :D

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Pink Jewel - I'm also debating keeping the one I purchased, the 'little sister' of your stone...I haven't seen it yet. When my jewelry gets finished (hopefully tomorrow!) I asked Yvonne to take a photo with the pear plus the jewelry, to see how it all looks together. But I'm shifting away from a paraiba ring at the moment, I have too many other projects in mind!!! :naughty:

Lovedogs, if I decide not to keep it, should I ask Yvonne if she would hold it for you? I'm sorry you keep missing out on her paraibas for sale! Or if you want I could sell it to you directly for what I paid? Again, I haven't decided yet, but I would want you to have a chance if you were interested.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Desertrose|1457032484|3999208 said:
Lovedogs, if I decide not to keep it, should I ask Yvonne if she would hold it for you? I'm sorry you keep missing out on her paraibas for sale! Or if you want I could sell it to you directly for what I paid? Again, I haven't decided yet, but I would want you to have a chance if you were interested.

Feel the love people! This is why I love hanging around here. :clap:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Acinom|1457029617|3999171 said:

Happy decision making!

Yours is such a gorgeous gem, Acinom!!!!

I plan on checking mine out in lots of lighting conditions this weekend and then making a final decision. But my initial reaction is that I will probably keep it. ;)) I'm in love with the color!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Desertrose|1457032484|3999208 said:
Pink Jewel - I'm also debating keeping the one I purchased, the 'little sister' of your stone...I haven't seen it yet. When my jewelry gets finished (hopefully tomorrow!) I asked Yvonne to take a photo with the pear plus the jewelry, to see how it all looks together. But I'm shifting away from a paraiba ring at the moment, I have too many other projects in mind!!! :naughty:

I can't wait to see your projects!! And I'll be interested in seeing whether you decide to keep your little pear. The color really is beautiful!!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Waiting to receive this little guy.
I had it done last year. It's been sitting in my mother's jewelry box...(She's at different city)
Sneak peak photo she took for me...

img_10961.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results