shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline threa

These are absolutely hands down stunning paraibas!!! So many gorgeous gems here.

I feel terribly silly adding mine...but it *is* an untreated Brazilian paraiba, even though it is a teensy little cab :). So, posting pics just for fun.

Here is my tiny 5 mm round paraiba cab, .61 cts. It is not truly "neon", but does have a nice glow. And it was ridiculously expensive even for a tiny cab, lol. I want to set it in some type of fun little pendant, or maybe even some type of station bracelet.

_32290.jpg

_32291.jpg

_32292.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Well thank you Diane! :)

Your cab is beautiful. And btw, I completely agree with you about using diamonds as the side stones. I was thinking the exact same thing for my little guy.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

colorluvr: hopefully that pretty ring finds a good new home. It's a beauty.

Gregs: ah, glad to hear those pretty stackers found a nice lady. Thanks for sharing your new stones. They are so beautiful. Please post more pics. How will these be set?

TL: thanks for sharing your amazing glowing collection. I always enjoy seeing photo's of your rings. How often do you wear these?

Katharath: thanks for sharing!!! I love that cab. It's a stunning stone. Paraiba's do not need to be large to look amazing. I thought all blue Paraiba's were heated to get that color? Your stone will look amazing in a pendant. And it will be much saver compared to a bracelet.

Diane: I like!!! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous cab! I love the look of these stones with diamonds as it looks very chique and seems to bring out the blue even better.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1436792480|3902188 said:
TL: thanks for sharing your amazing glowing collection. I always enjoy seeing photo's of your rings. How often do you wear these?

Thank you Acinom! :)
i also have another ring, I didn't post, because I can't find a picture at the moment, and some loose cuprians. I don't have photos of them though. They all reside at the bank, so I don't wear them often. I get in the mood and I'll take some out, but I go through phases. Right now I'm in a moonstone phase, and I'm ALWAYS in a violet spinel phase, so I wear those more often. Eventually, I'll get into a paraiba/cuprian phase and wear them as well. I wear my mint garnet heart ring every day too.

S

SparkliesLuver

TL, I have no idea where you live, but I wish we lived closer because I'd volunteer to show your paraiba/cuprians love so they wouldn't be at the bank so often. :lol: ;-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL: would love to see your other ring as well!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S

SparkliesLuver

minousbijoux, you know how to make a girl blush. :oops: Thank you for your extremely kind words and excitement.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the thread Acinom! It has such droolworthy stones!!! :love: :love: :love: I really do hope mine is a keeper!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

A few more Paraibas....not top clarity, but the color got me. All Brazilian I believe. Will send them to AGL in the future.

_32509.jpg

_32510.jpg

_32511.jpg

_32512.jpg

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

A few more pics....

_32513.jpg

_32514.jpg

_32515.jpg

_32516.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gemandjewelrylover|1437287393|3904700 said:
A few more pics....

What an amazing Paraiba collection!! I love your stones :love: :love: :love: Do I detect a love for oval Paraiba's?
Thanks for sharing

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

Hi, Acinom,

Thank you! I'm a sucker for Paraibas....my preference isn't for oval Paraibas, but for ones priced so I can afford them! Lol

I have a few more, but they're locked up. I just happened to have these photos handy.

I love your Paraibas, they are indeed gorgeous! Love the sugarloaf, and your other ring is amazing too. :love:

Such great eye candy in this thread! Thanks for starting it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gemandjewelrylover|1437312488|3904758 said:
Hi, Acinom,

Thank you! I'm a sucker for Paraibas....my preference isn't for oval Paraibas, but for ones priced so I can afford them! Lol

I have a few more, but they're locked up. I just happened to have these photos handy.

I love your Paraibas, they are indeed gorgeous! Love the sugarloaf, and your other ring is amazing too. :love:

Such great eye candy in this thread! Thanks for starting it!

Wow, you are a true Paraiba collector. How nice to have such a glowing collection. Looked forward to see your other pieces when you get them out of the save.
Thank you for your kind words about my rings :wavey:
And yes, I loved making this thread. It literally glows when you go through the various posts.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not (yet) owned by a PSer, but worth mentioning here.
Leon Mege often works with Paraiba tourmalines. He paired this one with yellow melee which gives a great tropical contrast.

_32565.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Whoa! I want to see what that cab looks like straight on ... :naughty:

ETA: No other view on the site. ;(

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

Acinom, thanks for the mentions!

I adore your two Paraiba rings, they are drop-dead gorgeous. (Well, all of them are.)
I'm in awe of LD's collection, and I absolutely LOVE Limosun's cluster ring, it's TDF.
So much beauty in this thread....thank you again for starting it! :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laughing (and thank you) gemandjewelrylover. I was just reading your other thread and envying how you get to see and own so many larger fine paraibas the likes of which I've been searching for since I bought my cluster ring and have never seen IRL here in the U.S. My guess is that if I ever do, I won't be able to afford it, so praise coming from folks who have seen or own many means a lot. So I will continue to enjoy mine and live through your purchases and others :)

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

Hi, Lilmosun,
I adore your cluster ring and if it were possible to copy it, I would! Yes, I am very fortunate to live so near a jeweler who gets so many nice gemstones in, especially Paraibas. I know I am extraordinarily lucky to get to see them in person before buying rather than going thru the hassle of ordering them in the mail. It sure keeps my gem fund depleted though...never manage to set anything! :roll:
I hope you do find your special stone one day though! Good luck.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

2015081195110950.jpg

My pendant is ready and hope to pick it up this weekend....originally made from a sibling ring from the same parcel as my avatar..I had the vendor remove the shank, add an enhancer bale and stabilizing ring in the back (to prevent flipping ). While it lacks the windex blue and is slightly smaller than my ring, it was priced accordingly.

This completes my paraiba collection unless I win the lottery.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun|1439320840|3913424 said:
2015081195110950.jpg

My pendant is ready and hope to pick it up this weekend....originally made from a sibling ring from the same parcel as my avatar..I had the vendor remove the shank, add an enhancer bale and stabilizing ring in the back (to prevent flipping ). While it lacks the windex blue and is slightly smaller than my ring, it was priced accordingly.

This completes my paraiba collection unless I win the lottery.

What a gorgeous piece lilmosun!! It looks stunning. I love the green Caribbean sea colour. Looking forward to see your action pics when you have picked it up. Fingers crossed that it will be this weekend.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

Wow, another stunning Paraiba cluster! Congratulations, and please post more close-up pictures when you get it!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous ring!

DK :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Sparklies new DK ring is amazing! :appl: This entire thread is fabulous! :clap: Love all the gorgeous tourmalines! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results