shape
carat
color
clarity

Creating my dream paraiba ring

S

SparkliesLuver

I just received the paraiba melee! :love: I seriously can't believe how tiny these guys are. :lol: Something tells me I'll have to do my "playing around" at work since there's no way I'll be able to do this at home with all the distractions. Hopefully I can start tomorrow!

img_8606.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1436791814|3902185 said:
I just received the paraiba melee! :love: I seriously can't believe how tiny these guys are. :lol: Something tells me I'll have to do my "playing around" at work since there's no way I'll be able to do this at home with all the distractions. Hopefully I can start tomorrow!

Tiny yet strong and powerful. I like!!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1436791814|3902185 said:

Oh, how adorable and gorgeous! Look at the NEON! :appl:

Whatever you do, DON'T open the case. Seriously, it would be so easy for one to fall out and disappear in your carpet or bounce under a cabinet etc.. :o

S

SparkliesLuver

They really are, Acinom. You never know what something will look like until you see it IRL, and these didn't disappoint!

They do have some neon, mochiko! Glad it's not just my eyes that see it. :) I know, I realized that after tilting the box around for a few minutes, contemplating opening it. Hm. Maybe I'll just put my stone on top of the box to evaluate? Is that what you'd suggest?

S

SparkliesLuver

Here's a quick photo comparison...

quick.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stones!

Use the top of a small shoe box or bracelet box and place it under the gem jar when opening. Open the jar slowly and down in the box top. Works great for melee parcels (actually any sized stones)

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, lilmosun. :) Ohhhh, good idea. I'll take some pictures with my pear on top, see how daring I feel and go from there. ;-) haha

S

SparkliesLuver

Excuse the awful lighting in the closet, but here's a quick picture. :) They look like a pretty darn good match to me! Can't wait to take more tomorrow at work.

_32324.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a great match Sparkliesluver. I love love love how the project is evolving. It will be a stunning ring.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Can't wait to see the finished ring. Such a fantastic design. :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
They look wonderful together! :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They look amazing!! I can't wait to see your ring!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much Acinom, tourma-guy, Rockinruby and ricezo! :)

I decided to take one more picture this morning at work where the air is calm. :lol: I must say, this is the last time I'll be taking these out of the jar. I didn't think I'd get nervous handling them but I did. I don't want to lose any, and I can see how that's so easy to do. I've decided to keep them! :) And a huge thank you goes out to lilmosun for suggesting I open the jar upside down and into something. Excellent advice.

img_8625.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just cannot believe the amazing match :love: Great photo.

S

SparkliesLuver

Me either, Acinom. Deep down I was a little worried that the colors would be totally off, since I usually don't get lucky when it comes to stuff like this. I've asked several of my friends who have an excellent eye for color and they said "keep!" so that was reassuring...in addition to all of the comments here. :D Thank you!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm in love with the last picture, gorgeous Caribbean blues. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Lovinggems. :D I too love that color - it makes me so happy!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful stones!!!! I can't wait to see it finished and hand shots.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, kgizo. :) It'll be awhile, unfortunately, but that leaves me time to play with and admire my stones. ;-) Have to get my piggy bank back up to where I want it so I can do the setting without skimping anywhere. I want to ensure I do these stones justice!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting!!! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this journey. :) Those stones are a perfect match as others have said. :love: I can't wait to see the finished ring.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks for stopping by, _lovesvintage_. Of course! I enjoy sharing my journey with the PS community - I wouldn't have it any other way.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
OMG, the melee looks amazing with the big gem!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! That last picture is even better! I can't believe how well they match. This is really exciting project! :appl: Btw, I would have been terrified to open the jar! :shock:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:

Glad I could help (I forgot to mention to count them every time you make a move...but I am sure you figured that out lol).

S

SparkliesLuver

haha. Thank you, katharath. :) I think that was the exact same reaction I had internally when I saw them together.

Yeah, that last picture sums it all up for me too, Rockinruby. I took a big breath before opening it. ;-)

:lol: I definitely did, lilmosun, and I made sure to count them one last time when they were back safe in the jar. Crazy how something so little can make you so nervous!

S

SparkliesLuver

I've reached out to several vendors for rough quotes, and I heard back from Victor Canera today. Apparently he does not work with outside melee - he only works with outside center stones - and he doesn't work with anything other than diamond melee. If I want to use him, this poses a lot of big questions. Hopefully I hear from other vendors soon.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they really do look great together. I am so confident this is going to be just amazing and inspire many more to come!

That's too bad about Victor Canera. I guess working with melee is tough, especially non-diamond melee. :(sad

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, minou. I'm pretty excited about using the melee, so I'm not sure I can ditch that aspect of the project altogether. :confused:

I know, it is. I guess so! I'm interested to hear what the others have to say. Maybe my purchase of the melee was a bit too preemptive.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1437075017|3903722 said:
I've reached out to several vendors for rough quotes, and I heard back from Victor Canera today. Apparently he does not work with outside melee - he only works with outside center stones - and he doesn't work with anything other than diamond melee. If I want to use him, this poses a lot of big questions. Hopefully I hear from other vendors soon.

Oww, the stone and melee would have looked amazing in a Canera creation.
Did you also contact David Klass? He might be working with outside melee.

S

SparkliesLuver

I thought so too, Acinom.

I just called my best friend and talked about it because I was bummed. But she helped me see that I need to find someone who is able and willing to work with the design I want (which is the paraiba melee) instead of the other way around. She's right. VC isn't the designer for me on this ring.

I did contact several others, so I hope their response is different. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results