Creating my dream paraiba ring

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The three of you are moving fast. 8-)
Looking forward to see the design.

S

SparkliesLuver

haha I don't know about fast, Acinom, but I did have everything nailed down except the gallery. Just didn't know how long that part would take. I hope to receive another round of CADs today. 8-)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited to see how this turns out. I'm sure it will be amazing! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1438688433|3910934 said:
haha I don't know about fast, Acinom, but I did have everything nailed down except the gallery. Just didn't know how long that part would take. I hope to receive another round of CADs today. 8-)

Sooo curious to learn whether you have received your new CAD's?
Does ElleW work as a sort of 'consultant' in this process who helps to refine the design?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for your kind words, derbygal! :D

haha I did, Acinom. But I responded to David this morning with a couple questions. I'll post them once I hear back from him, depending upon his response. I can't wait to show everyone. :)

Yes, she does. She offers ideas and sketches and also helps refine others ideas you may have. She's an excellent person to have involved, plus she seems like a really great woman. I wish we lived closer so we could meet!

S

SparkliesLuver

I can finally share my CAD's! :dance: The whole ring will be done in platinum. As much as I was tempted to do the gallery in rose, I realized this probably wasn't the best time to step outside of my comfort zone. Please let me know what you think. All comments welcome.

27821_1_.png

27821__1_.jpg

27821__2_.jpg

27821__4_.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous to my inexperienced eyes :love:
Will there be diamonds in the inner halo and Paraiba melee in the outer halo?
Will the shank have diamond melee, Paraiba melee or will it be polished?

My comments:
- I love love love that undergallery design
- Will the open profile affect the size you need for this ring?
- I would ask David and the experts here to look at the halo angle.

I am already looking forward to see the outcome. It will be gorgeous!!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom! :D

Inner halo: 1.2mm diamond melee
Outer halo: 1.5mm paraiba melee
2mm shank with diamond melee halfway around

I'm glad you like the gallery design! We worked on that for awhile. :) ha I'm not sure what you mean by the open profile affecting the size I need. Do you mean structurally? David ensured me it's structurally sound this way. And I'm not sure what you mean by the halo angle. This is my first halo, so I'd appreciate more information on that, if you can. Thank you!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thought I'd include this, in case this sheds any light on stuff. This is my inspiration ring, but I did not like how the halo tiers were stacked/separated so much. I wanted more of a low-profile.

profile_no.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I presume there is a slight tilting of the melees in the halo so you don't get the flying saucer look. Other than that, it looks great!

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
I presume there is a slight tilting of the melees in the halo so you don't get the flying saucer look. Other than that, it looks great!

I'll ask to make sure, Chrono. This is my first halo so I'm a total newbie at the moment. :oops: Do you have pictures to show what you're talking about? If not, that's okay.

S

SparkliesLuver

Found one. Thank you! :D

_33075.jpg

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
That gallery design is so elegant! :appl: What an exciting project Sparkliesluver!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, EvangelineG. :D I'd venture to say we went through at least 10 designs (not all to the CAD stage) to get to this point. I'm so happy with it though. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
- regarding the 'open profile': there is no donut or metal resting on you finger (like your inspiration ring has). So there is 'open air' when you look at the profile of your ring. It looks gorgeous and is as structurally sound as a ring with metal in that area. I can imagine though that you therefore would need a smaller or larger ring size, but this might not be true!!! I hope I have explained this more clear.

- I love the idea of diamonds on the shank. A polished shank could also be very sophisticated. If that appeals to you, you could ask David to send you a photo with a plain shank first and then you can judge which look you prefer.

- regarding the halo angle: if a halo is not tilted at a slight angle from the center stone, it might look like a flying saucer.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1438955355|3912116 said:
Found one. Thank you! :D

This is indeed a good example of a halo with tilted angle. It has a different flow compared to a halo with no tilted angle

S

SparkliesLuver

Ohhhhhh. Interesting. I see what you're saying: it's more about the ring fitting correctly on my finger with that open space. I would assume you'd still wear your normal size. Am I wrong? I've never had an open profile ring. No one has mentioned anything about sizing it differently because of that. :confused: Yeah, my inspiration ring was pretty much only from the top as I wanted to change everything else about it. :lol:

I've thought about a polished shank and for some reason I really want to stay with the melee. I feel like it'll look more cohesive that way.

I completely understand now. :lol: Thank you for saying something!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the open profile (no bridge or donut underneath) of my spessartite ring. It allows me to wear it all year long on the same finger because there is room for swelling during the summer months, yet stays snug in winter.

S

SparkliesLuver

I thought I remembered you saying that, Chrono. We've talked about that ring before. :) I also love it because it offers an unobstructed view of the gallery and the stone. Plus it'll make cleaning the stone pretty easy.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Glad to see you received your cads. They look great! I love the gallery design and open profile. It's so pretty! :appl: I agree with slightly tilting the halo. :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1438950596|3912103 said:
I can finally share my CAD's! :dance: The whole ring will be done in platinum. As much as I was tempted to do the gallery in rose, I realized this probably wasn't the best time to step outside of my comfort zone. Please let me know what you think. All comments welcome.
You know what's funny is the first thing I thought was that the gallery in rose.

What are you doing with the shank? Plain or pave? Sorry if I missed it. If its plain you might consider bulking it up a little as at least I know for myself with a larger finger size some ring mm size can diaaapear.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1438957683|3912138 said:
Ohhhhhh. Interesting. I see what you're saying: it's more about the ring fitting correctly on my finger with that open space. I would assume you'd still wear your normal size. Am I wrong? I've never had an open profile ring. No one has mentioned anything about sizing it differently because of that. :confused: Yeah, my inspiration ring was pretty much only from the top as I wanted to change everything else about it. :lol:

I've thought about a polished shank and for some reason I really want to stay with the melee. I feel like it'll look more cohesive that way.

I had an open gallery on my pear ring (ritani) I loved it. Very comfy. At most you might consider a 1/4 size lower I'd say, but you should be fine with the same size. I agree with chrono it makes for an nice fit in all weathers.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1438957683|3912138 said:

Great choices Sparkliesluver!

Will you combine it with a band or wear it as a standalone ring?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the CADs! The under gallery is gorgeous, and I love that design. I think this is going to be a spectacular ring! I am so excited to watch the process unfold :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Rockinruby. :) Glad you like the CADs too! Yes, I'm so happy people mentioned the tilted halo.

haha I know, Neil. A part of me wants to do it but the other part is like, no, no, don't venture out on this ring. In the future, for sure. The shank will be u-cut pave halfway around. That's okay. I thought about making it thicker, but in the end I've decided to go with my initial vision. And thanks for chiming in about the open profile and sizing of the ring. It's helpful to hear from others who have such a ring.

Thanks, Acinom. :) This will be a standalone ring.

Thank you, lovedogs. I appreciate your kind words and excitement!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squeal! I cannot wait to see the diamond melee, the Paraiba melee and the stone set! Now hurry up, will ya?! :cheeky:

S

SparkliesLuver

hehe I'm way excited about those parts as well, minousbijoux! :lol: Hopefully he tells me to send my stones in next week, but we'll see.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You're amassing a gorgeous collection SparkliesLuver, can't wait to see the finished ring. I love neon stones. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Lovinggems. :) I'm sending the stones to David today, so I'll be anxiously awaiting a confirmation of their arrival. This is my first - and probably last - neon stone, so I'm very excited to see the finished ring as well.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Another milestone in the process.
Are you still enjoying your Afghan Tourmaline and 'Little Boy' rings to the max? This will be another stunning addition to your collection. Yay!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results