shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW The Rock Proposal with a YES!

Kevsta

Rough_Rock
Hi fellow PS members!!

IM just a guy from Australia who fortunately had the opportunity to head to the Grand Canyon to propose to my now Fiancé. Specifically, Horseshoe Bend, Page Arizona.

We planned a 3 week holiday mixing a bit of work in between seeing a motivational speaker name Brendon Burchard in Phoenix AZ. We picked up a rental car and headed to Grand Canyon village South Rim lookouts for the spectacular views, then slowly made our way further up to stay overnight in Page AZ.

The next day on the 26th March, in front of my partner and about 200 spectators I nervously kneeled and opening my HPD CBI box and asked for her hand in marriage. After about 5 minutes of “is this real”, “you’re not joking?”, “are you sure” “is this really happening” she finally said YES!!

I had hired a ninja photographer months in advance to capture the moments from the carpark all the way to the viewpoint. Also secretly packed a dress so we could do a mini-photoshoot after.

From the ring purchase perspective, I started 6-8 months ago. I thought I just needed a crash course on the 4C’s. I knew I wanted a round cut diamond, so I specifically searched “best round cut diamond”. On the images section I noticed an image with table size, crown height and a heading “Tolkowsky Ideal Cut”. On further investigation, this lead me to the Pricescope forums. This community has really opened my eyes to diamond proportions and the diamond business (business meaning face-up size importance to weight).

My time on this forum was to read and learn. There are certain members who have gone beyond the norm by sharing their journey and posting up detailed reviews and comparisons. So I thank you for everything you have done! I have noticed there are a lot of Aussies on this forum. If you have been a long contributor, then I thank you as well!!! I have read all threads with the word “Australia” in it. Lol. Thanks to the Trades members as well. I thought it was kinda weird having customers and trades members mixing on a forum, but the amount of knowledge you’re willing to share and the respect you have for one another is incredible.

My diamond purchase was from HPD with their CBI cut diamond. I specifically dealt with Melissa from HPD who has been crazy patient in the Q and A and photos/videos being sent. The experience has been fantastic from the get go. As I was in the US and the ring was being delivered to the hotel, the extra communication from HPD Jamie on the expectations was comforting. On receiving the package, it took a bit of time to unwrap it all! It was wrapped like a birthday parcel parcel game where you get to unwrap a layer of wrapping when the music stops. HPD could have frisbee’d to it me without damaging it. Anyways thank you Melissa and team! My fiancé LOVES LOVES her engagement ring. She has no idea what star facets are, table/depth percentages or the difference between fire and scintillation. All she knows is, it’s big and it bloody sparkles!!

Here are the photos from the day!!

quick spec:
2.18 G VS2 from HPD (High Performance Diamonds) CBI

Saaty Photography - Horseshoe Bend Proposal Engagement Photography -8.jpg IMG_4642.JPG Saaty Photography - Horseshoe Bend Proposal Engagement Photography -20.jpg Saaty Photography - Horseshoe Bend Proposal Engagement Photography -81.jpg Saaty Photography - Horseshoe Bend Proposal Engagement Photography -48.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Job well done!..a beautiful classic setting + a CBI stone = :love::love:. it doesn't get any better than this...:appl:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful. Wonderful story with best Eva ending.
You have excellent taste in diamonds and even better taste in fiancés :wink2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. It’s not often that I am jealous but who hits a grand slam the first time up to bat? She better LOVE LOVE it. Her ring is stunning and everything perfect. Congratulations!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! What a lovely and thoughtful proposal and what a stunning ring!!
Thanks for sharing your story.

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations! You did well!!!!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Amazing ring, KILLER photos!! Big big congratulations!!! :appl:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That’s an amazing ring, gorgeous proposal and all around fantastic memory for you both. Congratulations on your engagement. I hope she realises what a lucky lady she is to have such a thoughtful fiancé/husband to be.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Thanks so much for sharing the proposal with us. I am sure she is over the moon with the ring. Please feel free to come back with more pictures anytime. Best wishes to you both!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So many thumbs up for this post!! The ring is an absolute show stopper & the photographs are amazing! Congratulations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet! Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful ring!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Terrific! Flawlessly executed! Every single part of it.

P

PierreBear

Wonderful story, photos, and ring! Congratulations to the happy couple!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great rock, great pics, congrats! :)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW, what a proposal, thank you for sharing it with us!! And that diamond, its a beauty, she must be thrilled to pieces! :love: Great photos, but most importantly--congrats on your engagement!! :appl:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowwwwww! Beautiful ring!!! Congratulations!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW a 2.18 G VS2 from HPD!!! She is one lucky girl!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous ring and stone, and stellar proposal! I love it when a guy jumps in, learns everything he can and goes for it. You did so well. The pictures are amazing- all except that one where you look close the edge of the cliff. That one made my heart stop. Heights and edges give me the willies. All kidding aside, congratulations. Everything seems just perfect. I hope you will have a very long and very happy life together.

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!! And the ring is not bad either lol!!!! Lucky girl Congratulations!!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You get an A+++, OP, for a remarkable proposal and equally amazing ring! I’m sure your fiancée was absolutely floored. Great job and congratulations to you both!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! What a fantastic and romantic way to propose! She's a lucky girl and of course that ring is stunning and classic!!! :love::love::love:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How lovely, I like the effort you went to especially with the photos. :love:

My proposal was sweet n' all but it was just at home so no exciting pics. (its our 2 year anniversary of the proposal today. He remembered at least! ) :praise:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful ring (you had me at HPD CBI) and what a beautiful way to propose. Congrats, well done, and wow.... that ring is beautiful.

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What setting is it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll give you an A++, too! :love: Fantastic choice of an engagement ring, and not many people have proposal shots like yours! Gorgeous! Wishing you both much happiness!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG. It’s not often that I am jealous but who hits a grand slam the first time up to bat? She better LOVE LOVE it. Her ring is stunning and everything perfect. Congratulations!!!
Yup. This!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations... the stone is perfect, she looks perfect as do you!!! I send wishes for happiness, love and peace for your life.. I love to read about fiance's who do their DD and come away with a stone that is vastly superior.

Love the ring and the setting!!!

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a perfect proposal! Congrats! It’s beautiful!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, congrats on your engagement and beautiful stone, you did an AMAZING job!!! I'm an Aussie too and mostly people here don't even comprehend how awesome top cut diamonds are, so she is a very lucky girl!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results