shape
carat
color
clarity

The ring I''m about to part with

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plsadvise

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone - I''ve taken a BUNCH of super macro shots of my engagement ring, which I am about to part with. My engagement was called off, and I''m keeping the ring but trading the center stone in with James Allen for a pair of studs and a solitaire pendant, and I will set a colored stone in this mounting and wear it on my right hand. Stay tuned for pics of the new pieces as they''re finished, I''m sending my stone back to JA early next week to get the ball rolling. Stats on the ring: 1.71 ct G, VS2 ideal cut GIA ex/ex, platinum micro pave halo setting from Danhov.

Enjoy the pics, I''m very sad to part with this ring because it''s gorgeous, but of course I am not wearing it as is and it seems silly to keep it around the house sitting in a drawer.

First of about 25 pics

ktring1.jpg

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry that your engagement broke off, but I am sure that something better will come along. I truly believe that things always happen for a reason and for the better...
4.gif

I can completely understand why you are having a hard time parting with the ring because it is absolutely GORGEOUS! And I agree with you fully with your decision to trade in the center stone for a pair of studs and a pendant. It would be silly to just have the ring sit at home and even worse to wear it as is.

Well, best of luck to you, and I would love to see your new diamonds! Please post photos in a near future! Colored stone in place of your center stone in your current setting would be excellent!
36.gif
By the way, have you decided what colored stone? I vote for sapphire, if you want my opinion.
9.gif
It will look divine in that setting.
30.gif

plsadvise

Rough_Rock
p.s. i know this ammt of pics is totally excessive, but i was practicing my photo taking skills and wanted lots of pics to remember my ring by so might as well share!

ktRing 2.jpg

plsadvise

Rough_Rock
p.p.s. - the reason i have my ring on left hand is so i could photograph it myself holding camera with right ; )

ktRing 12.jpg

plsadvise

Rough_Rock
For the earrings, I''m thinking of 1.1 - 1.2 carat ideal cut stones probably H, SI2, set in Whiteflash''s 8 Prong Martini settings.

There are lots of great stones in house at JA that fit the bill, like these:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=1035037
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=985913
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=863558

And for the pendant, I''m thinking of a ~1 carat oval, not sure about setting but thinking bezel set east west...

plsadvise

Rough_Rock
For the new center in my setting, I''m going to put this stone for now - I don''t have a lot of $$ to invest in this project, so something in this range for now just so I can wear it, and hopefully I can do a ruby or sapphire down the line! Although I love that muddy pink brown color, maybe I''ll get attached!

http://www.ajsgems.com/TPK/TPK-00438.htm

TPK-00438-l.jpg

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 7:35:34 PM
Author: plsadvise
For the new center in my setting, I'm going to put this stone for now - I don't have a lot of $$ to invest in this project, so something in this range for now just so I can wear it, and hopefully I can do a ruby or sapphire down the line! Although I love that muddy pink brown color, maybe I'll get attached!

http://www.ajsgems.com/TPK/TPK-00438.htm
Ooh! That is really pretty! I love it!!! I think it will look absolutely stunning in your setting!!! Wow... and the studs are going to turn out perfect too!!! And how could I forget the pendant... Oval sounds like a good choice. Bezel set will definitely be interesting!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry your engagement was called off. Whatever is meant to be will always find a way. I understand that you''re sad to see your ring go...it is absolutely gorgeous! Good luck with your new project and please show us how it turns out!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
sorry about the engagement, but everything happens for a reason and now you get new jewelry...lol....have you seen the bellerina pendant? its something i hope to get one of these days.
2.gif

plsadvise

Rough_Rock
thanks y''all...and it''s OK re: the engagement - it''s been 8 months and was amicable and is definitely all for the best so this is a fun-ish project (but still will be hard to say goodbye to the ring!)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the broken engagement, but, I''m glad to hear you are positive about it. Sounds like you have some fun projects coming up, though. I''m looking forward to your oval pendant!!! Pick a niiiiiiiice shallow one...I love ''em 58-60% deep. I think you can see the facets better and there seems to be more sparkle coming from the ones I''ve seen in that range. Yummmmmy! I vote for east west in a milgrain bezel....Or maybe with many prongs (like your soon to be rhr) instead of a bezel. Good luck to you!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a gorgeous ring. I am sorry about the engagement being called off, but better now than later, and I believe all these things happen for a reason. I think a colored stone in that mounting would be amazing...go with a color you love and you will not regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results