shape
carat
color
clarity

The race is on...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 7:45:12 AM
Author: Delster
Dooo dooo it''s the... EYE OF THE TIIIIGERRRRR.........
9.gif
31.gif
11.gif
Chris (FI) saw the post last night as I was scrolling through. He about fell out he was laughing so hard.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie that''s hilarious - I bet he was singing Eye of the Tiger all day, it''s so infectious!
36.gif
He''ll be wanting his own parody now too
2.gif

Right I''ve been PSing for an hour now, time to go back to work!
computer.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
So, checking in, how is everything going?? Isn''t the trip soon?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hi Stephanie! You're very sweet to think of me, thank you!
1.gif

I have a workplan and if (*IF!*) I stick to it, I'll have a first draft by August 16th. Hmmmm. Then we'll see what the supervisor demands in terms of rewrites! There's a long story there that I don't intend to discuss online but I wouldn't be surprised if major rewriting is mandated. Such is life with a PhD though.

We had a talk about our plans for the next couple of years and it looks like we'll be long distance for another year anyway, maybe two. So, I've relocated to BF's neck of the woods for the Summer as it's the last time I'll have this amount of freedom with where I work. So that is good. I joined the local university gym at a super rate and if I only go swimming once a week the membership fee will have paid for itself. They have lots of classes and a personalised fitness plan system so I think I'll get great use out of it. Yippee! I normally horse ride but it's so pricey and my buddy that I was going to go with down here has put her back out so I'm waiting for her to heal and we might start going again if I can swing it moolah-wise.

And we're going to New York on June 20th! Just last night BF booked our swanky hotel for the last two nights, yippee. I don't know which hotel it is, it's a surprise. Although the silly boy left a post-it on one of my books with prices and stuff scribbled on it, so I know the contenders, ha ha! We also booked a Broadway show (Phantom - we wanted Wicked but it was too spendy) and dinner at the swing dancing place bee recommended.

Oh, and no proposal coming in New York. But it will happen before the end of September. He has a plan apparently but he's terrified he won't be able to hold himself back! He's such a sweetie
30.gif

I must put Eye of the Tiger on my playlist for the gym and then I'll think of you every time I'm in there!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How are you doing? I've been meaning to comment on your engagement photos thread - you two are just gorgeous! Such beautiful photographs!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for Phantom!!!You''ll love it (I hope!)!!!Have you been to NYC before?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Freke I know I''ll love Phantom. I can''t wait! When I was eight I bought my Dad the tapes of the original cast recording (Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawfod). Then I made him copy them. Three times. Because I kept wearing them out! By the time I was ten I could play virtually the entire thing on piano (basic piano now, before you get any notions of me being some kind of leprechaun Mozart!). I can still sing along with virtually any line out of the libretto. BF finds it very sad!!!

I''ve never been to NY but BF has. I''m very excited to go and he''s very excited to show me! I have enough money saved up for just one very special purchase - a pair of black Manolo pumps for work. Yippee!!!
9.gif

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I saw Phantom on Broadway in NYC (I also saw it off Broadway in San Fran.), it was amazing!!! You''ll love it for sure... Just make sure you don''t have to pee as you don''t want to miss any of it, and the lines at intermission are long.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh good advice! I don''t know about Broadway but on the West End theatre restrooms can be a bit dodge!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, Delster, Phantom will be amazing!!!
36.gif
And Mr. Delster sounds *SO* sweet to talk about not being sure if he can hold back! Adorable!!
5.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 12:43:01 PM
Hi Stephanie! You''re very sweet to think of me, thank you!
1.gif

I have a workplan and if (*IF!*) I stick to it, I''ll have a first draft by August 16th. Hmmmm. Then we''ll see what the supervisor demands in terms of rewrites! There''s a long story there that I don''t intend to discuss online but I wouldn''t be surprised if major rewriting is mandated. Such is life with a PhD though.

We had a talk about our plans for the next couple of years and it looks like we''ll be long distance for another year anyway, maybe two. So, I''ve relocated to BF''s neck of the woods for the Summer as it''s the last time I''ll have this amount of freedom with where I work. So that is good. I joined the local university gym at a super rate and if I only go swimming once a week the membership fee will have paid for itself. They have lots of classes and a personalised fitness plan system so I think I''ll get great use out of it. Yippee! I normally horse ride but it''s so pricey and my buddy that I was going to go with down here has put her back out so I''m waiting for her to heal and we might start going again if I can swing it moolah-wise.

And we''re going to New York on June 20th! Just last night BF booked our swanky hotel for the last two nights, yippee. I don''t know which hotel it is, it''s a surprise. Although the silly boy left a post-it on one of my books with prices and stuff scribbled on it, so I know the contenders, ha ha! We also booked a Broadway show (Phantom - we wanted Wicked but it was too spendy) and dinner at the swing dancing place bee recommended.

Oh, and no proposal coming in New York. But it will happen before the end of September. He has a plan apparently but he''s terrified he won''t be able to hold himself back! He''s such a sweetie
30.gif

I must put Eye of the Tiger on my playlist for the gym and then I''ll think of you every time I''m in there!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How are you doing? I''ve been meaning to comment on your engagement photos thread - you two are just gorgeous! Such beautiful photographs!
36.gif
Less than a month until your trip! How exciting! At least this way (sans proposal) you can really just drink in your trip. But how exciting is it that he has a plan?! Here''s hoping that you can stick to that rough draft schedule. Perhaps the rewrites will not be as bad as you think. Perhaps is the opperative word, of course. Thanks for the compliment! Now get that booty to the gym and get those endorphins going. They will clear your head and help you concentrate on that rough draft.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like things are progressing on both ends! I love how you two have planned this and are racing each other. It''s very cute. A lot of couples on here seem to stress about the ring and engagement but you two are having a grand time!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
You're right Stephanie and that's how I feel about it too. This way I can relax on the trip and enjoy New York properly, and not be on tenterhooks the whole time wondering 'is he gonna do it now?' all the time! I have muscle aches all over from the gym, it feels good
9.gif
Those endorphins are great, I come back hyper after I've been doing some exercise!

Addy thank you for the kind words! Sometimes I read posts in this part of the forum that are chastising 'all the LIW' for one thing or another and I think 'woah, hold on a minute, that's uncalled for!'. It smarts sometimes but I remind myself that they don't apply to me, ha ha! For the most part
2.gif
Honestly I don't like to focus on negatives and I prefer to make positive posts as much as I can.

So thank you for noticing
35.gif

As some more evidence of all the fun we're having with this proposal race, I thought I'd share this picture I took of the whiteboard in my study. I came up one morning and discovered BF had drawn something rather special on it!
9.gif
I totally think I could rock a rock that large, don't you?
2.gif

gwens_tagline_mywhiteboard.JPG

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You hardly have any time to go
36.gif
36.gif
It''s definitely a good idea that he told you that he wasn''t going to propose over there. D told me the same thing last year, that we were getting the ring there but he already had a different plan for the proposal and I was so glad he told me. Otherwise everytime he bent down to get something or to tie his shoelace, I would have been waiting for the proposal
9.gif
Enjoy the countdown!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hahah, I LOVE the whiteboard! I love the ring, and the quote especially, I must say.
31.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
26 days to New York!

84 days to Delster''s self-imposed thesis-first-draft deadline
14.gif

but only 4 months to BF''s self-imposed engagement ''target''! Woohoo!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
How exciting for you delstar! Girl it''s going to be a long 4 months though! Looking forward to hearing all about it when it does happen
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
woohoo.gif

Does that mean 26 days till Delster gets to see the Leon
31.gif

4mths is not that long :)

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Four months seems so short and so long all at the same time! I''m excited and terrified all at once
36.gif

I won''t see the Leon before BF proposes. The brat has even asked me to help him transport it safely home. Can you imagine??? And did I mention he''s offered to bring me along to Leon''s to collect it, but I won''t get to see it???
gaah.gif

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! Delstar, that''s just torture! Well I hope he is so blown away by the ring that he decides to drop to his knee immediately!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thats just plain evil and mean, sounds like my BF
11.gif

I think he should let you have a sneaky peak just a little one
3.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Eye of the Tiiiiiiiigeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Well ladies, I have ridiculously fabulous willpower and I am managing to be (sort of) zen about all this teasing. I realise that it will be worth it when my first sight of it is when he proposes. We designed it together and talked through every last aspect of it almost so I trust him.

EYE OF THE TIIIIIIIIIIIGER!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s the eye of the tiger, it''s the cream of the fight
Risin'' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he''s watchin'' us all in the eye of the tiger

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 6:06:55 AM
26 days to New York!

84 days to Delster''s self-imposed thesis-first-draft deadline
14.gif

but only 4 months to BF''s self-imposed engagement ''target''! Woohoo!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

YAAAAYYYYY!!!

BOOOOOOOOO!!!

WOOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I woke up this morning to BF whispering ''less than 110 days to go''!
36.gif

It''s so cute how he''s keeping this running tally. I keep forgetting exactly how many days left but he always knows. Oh, and apparently that 110 days target is ''my'' target (that''s a long story), apparently his is sooner. I am getting more and more suspicious of him doing it in NY.

In other news, he made us a hammock stand. That thing is bliss
9.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torture! Yet that is also SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 7:03:29 AM
I woke up this morning to BF whispering ''less than 110 days to go''!
36.gif

It''s so cute how he''s keeping this running tally. I keep forgetting exactly how many days left but he always knows. Oh, and apparently that 110 days target is ''my'' target (that''s a long story), apparently his is sooner. I am getting more and more suspicious of him doing it in NY.

In other news, he made us a hammock stand. That thing is bliss
9.gif
He might be the cutest thing ever!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, today he announced ''108 days''
33.gif
I think his little tally might be a tad confused
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 5:51:54 AM
Hmmm, today he announced ''108 days''
33.gif
I think his little tally might be a tad confused
9.gif
Except that yesterday he said ''less than 110 days'' not ''110 days'' so I think he is still good. That is just too cute!
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
OK I double-checked his tally and 108 days is correct. He must have meant 109 days yesterday when he said ''less than 110 days''
9.gif
Spot on the money Gwen!

Of course, he claims he won''t reach the end of the tally. And last night he was asking me what parts of wedding planning I''m most looking forward too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results