shape
carat
color
clarity

The PEAR Necklace is Done!! Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 12:53:56 PM
Author: starryeyed

Date: 5/11/2007 9:34:54 AM
Author: belle
speaking for myself and anyone else sitting here waiting on the edge of their seats.....starry, you are making me crazy when you post without pictures this morning!
39.gif

i''m dying to see more of this beauty!
36.gif
So, so, so sorry belle - I know exactly how you felt!! Are you better now?
31.gif
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh starry!!!
i am sooo much better now! gosh, that is amazingly stunning on you. me loves it! you did such an amazing job with the entire design!
30.gif

though, i hesitate to say it but... for me those lobster clasps are a little on the big side and the entire piece would be ''complete'' (in my mind)as a whole if they were more congruent size wise. i just LOVE the idea of having jump rings at 16, 17 and 18! talk about versitility! that is perfect!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry that these pictures aren''t super-blingy, but they are the best I could on an overcast day. I took the pictures in a room with a skylight, no additional interior lights.

So I think the workmanship on this piece is really nice - WF did a great job with that! The bezels are all really uniform and plumb. No bulges, air pockets, or other flaws. Really well made!

I''m not thrilled with the clasp-jump ring situation, but WF is so customer-service-oriented and nice that I have no worries. I know they will make it right!
16.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 1:14:24 PM
i am sooo much better now! gosh, that is amazingly stunning on you. me loves it! you did such an amazing job with the entire design!
30.gif

though, i hesitate to say it but... for me those lobster clasps are a little on the big side and the entire piece would be ''complete'' (in my mind)as a whole if they were more congruent size wise. i just LOVE the idea of having jump rings at 16, 17 and 18! talk about versitility! that is perfect!
Thanks belle! You''ve been great through the whole process!

I totally agree with you that the lobster clasps seem out-of-scale and are too big. I just spoke to WF and they promise to fix this for me. It''s a great excuse for more pictures, right?
31.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 9:25:17 AM
Hi Kohdy!
35.gif
Ok, so I was dreaming about it too last night - no worries, I'm excited!

You're right - I have an asscher with Leon Mege right now. It's been about 8 weeks. I'm in no rush, so I would prefer for LM to rush other people's orders who are going to be proposing. I can wait.
1.gif

Paging me? I'm not familiar with that - bummer. Sorry I missed you!
1.gif
How does that work?
Ha... I guess I used the wrong term.
14.gif
I meant that I tried getting in contact with you in the thread posted by Harriet the other day. The title of it was Calling Starryeyed on the Hang out.
2.gif

And thank you so much for the photos! I am so excited for you! It turned out absolutely fabulous! It looks so much better around your neck! I love it at both 16 and 17". I do see what you mean, though, by wanting different clasps. They don't look like they belong on this very delicate looking necklace. Congratulations! I love it so much!!!
30.gif

Wait... Gasp! Did Harriet call me a PAL?
6.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 1:24:41 PM

Date: 5/11/2007 1:14:24 PM
30.gif

Thanks belle! You''ve been great through the whole process!

I totally agree with you that the lobster clasps seem out-of-scale and are too big. I just spoke to WF and they promise to fix this for me. It''s a great excuse for more pictures, right?
31.gif
i was a little scared because i thought the pear looked fantastico as a ring but you really had a great vision for what you wanted and i think it turned out so classy and elegant.

i have no doubt wf will make it right for you. make sure you get what you want, so you can wear this piece with all of the admiration it deserves!
36.gif

and yessssss.....more pics!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness - its amazing. I love it!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful!!! It looks so darn classy on your neck!!! It is one seriously gorgeous necklace. I just love how it drapes on you, I think the 16in looked the best.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW
30.gif
WOW
30.gif
AND WOW
30.gif
!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 1:37:36 PM
Author: kohdy

6.gif
35.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starry dearest,
Have I told you how much I lurve that necklace?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful necklace.
36.gif
36.gif

Yes, those clasps should be much smaller. I love the 16" setting. The 18" setting would look great over a simple round neckline. Have you thought about getting an extender for longer? Could be just a plat chain. Wouldn''t need more diamonds at the back of the neck. Would be even more versatile then.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOW DID I MISS THIS!!!

It is UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE. Seriously. WOW.

Wear it in good health!

You have a lovely neck and beautiful skin BTW! Looks lovely on you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks even more beautiful on!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it''s so divine!
5.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
It is surely a breath taking piece.

I also agree that these claps look a bit bulky. WHat do you imagine it to be like? I have also had a "circle" soldered on to a platinum chain to create 16 inch option out of 18 inch necklace. What I did was to put on a removable cyrstal bead at the end to create a back drop look.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 4:10:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
It looks even more beautiful on!

I agree; you for sure are going to be a gorgeous bride!!!
30.gif
30.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
That is an incredible necklace starryeyed! Wowsers....it looks so beautiful on your lovely neck too!
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
omigod
6.gif
to die for!!! It looks absolutely gorgeous on you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
starry, it''s just, everything that''s already been said.
30.gif

Where are my salts, I''m fee

faint2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 1:40:10 PM
i was a little scared because i thought the pear looked fantastico as a ring but you really had a great vision for what you wanted and i think it turned out so classy and elegant.
i have no doubt wf will make it right for you. make sure you get what you want, so you can wear this piece with all of the admiration it deserves!
36.gif

and yessssss.....more pics!
Thanks belle! No more pics yet - perhaps after the fix.
1.gif

Belle, I totally took to heart what you had said about leaving it a ring. For a while, I seriously considered it. But I finally took the plunge. I still have the platinum setting with the side baguettes - not sure what to do with it! Hmmm.....

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 1:37:36 PM
Author: kohdy
Ha... I guess I used the wrong term.
14.gif
I meant that I tried getting in contact with you in the thread posted by Harriet the other day. The title of it was Calling Starryeyed on the Hang out.
2.gif

And thank you so much for the photos! I am so excited for you! It turned out absolutely fabulous! It looks so much better around your neck! I love it at both 16 and 17''. I do see what you mean, though, by wanting different clasps. They don''t look like they belong on this very delicate looking necklace. Congratulations! I love it so much!!!
30.gif

6.gif
Gasp! Ha-ha! I''m sure she did - you are very sweet!
1.gif
Thanks for your thoughts - glad you agree!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 2:48:19 PM
Author: Harriet
Starry dearest,
Ha-ha! Probably as much as I love your new earrings! WOW!
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 10:04:20 PM

Date: 5/11/2007 2:48:19 PM
Author: Harriet
Starry dearest,
Ha-ha! Probably as much as I love your new earrings! WOW!
30.gif
Heehee! Though we shouldn''t wear them while sailing!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 3:38:02 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Beautiful necklace.
36.gif
36.gif

Yes, those clasps should be much smaller. I love the 16'' setting. The 18'' setting would look great over a simple round neckline. Have you thought about getting an extender for longer? Could be just a plat chain. Wouldn''t need more diamonds at the back of the neck. Would be even more versatile then.
Thanks FlyGirl! I considered the extender, but I rarely wear necklaces out over a blouse or sweater, so I don''t think I''d get much use out of one. Also, it''s another thing I''d have to keep track of....Knowing me, that''s not good! That''s why I tried to make one versatile piece, rather than have multiple pieces to achieve the desired effect.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 3:58:26 PM
Author: Gypsy
HOW DID I MISS THIS!!!
It is UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE. Seriously. WOW.
Wear it in good health!
You have a lovely neck and beautiful skin BTW! Looks lovely on you!
You didn''t miss a thing Gypsy - thanks!
1.gif

I also appreciate the kind words about my neck. I''m all worried about those widow-rings that seem to be appearing with age.
15.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 4:40:08 PM
Author: zhuzhu
It is surely a breath taking piece.
I also agree that these claps look a bit bulky. WHat do you imagine it to be like? I have also had a ''circle'' soldered on to a platinum chain to create 16 inch option out of 18 inch necklace. What I did was to put on a removable cyrstal bead at the end to create a back drop look.
Zhuzhu, this is what I originally thought to do - put "jump rings" at intervals on one side.

However, when I thought about it more, I realized that because the drop is fixed, the clasp would not be at the center of the back of my neck at the smaller settings. I was concerned that this would pull the drop off-center.

That''s why I thought about using 2 clasps with "jump rings" on both sides. What I would like to see is something smaller - MUCH smaller!

What I thought would look fabulous is a clasp comprised of a bezel set diamond with a pin on the underside and a hinge with a hairpin-type clasp that would snap over the pin. The pin would go through the jump ring. Does that make sense or should I draw a picture?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 6:04:38 PM
Author: Ellen
starry, it''s just, everything that''s already been said.
30.gif

Where are my salts, I''m fee
Ellen, you find the BEST animated smileys!!

Thanks Michelle (SDLady), Maisie, KC, DeeJay, Tacori, jcrow, skippy, hlmr and icekid!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starry,
Sorry for the threadjack, but I''d like to hear about your experience with LM if possible.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOO stunning (note that I rarely use such an abundance of vowels in a post.)

But I have admit, I actually first noticed what a graceful neck you have! The necklace is worthy of being around it. The purdiest necklace I have seen in a long time!
36.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, after looking at this beautiful, classy necklace, I feel starryeyed!!
It is fabulous. Do you think you could take a picture where we see the necklace, as well as how it looks with somesort of shirt/dress neckline?? Just curious to see it at work, lol.

It is totally beautiful and definately a classic...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results