shape
carat
color
clarity

The PEAR Necklace is Done!! Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
36.gif

Date: 5/10/2007 10:56:13 PM
Author: Skippy123
Starryeyed that necklace is INSANE!!! I LOVE IT! Holy Smokes; we need neck shots!!!! I cannot wait
36.gif
36.gif
Kohdy, you can be my good pal; you are such a sweetheart!!!
12.gif
I can tell you have a good heart
9.gif
Oh Skippy! You came to rescue me just in time!!!
36.gif
I knew I had a FRIEND here somewhere!!!
2.gif
Hey, have I mentioned that you are my favorite Skippy???
9.gif

Ha, I got so excited when I read Skippy's charming post (as always) that I didn't see what Starry had to write! You too are a sweetheart! I am so honored that you consider me a friend!!!
9.gif
Thank you Starry! Now if you will share more photos ASAP with your new friend here!!! hehe... I am waiting...
4.gif

I need to practice my patience... I almost didn't see what Boston Jeff had to say. What I said on your thread is all true Jeff. Your soon-to-be-FI is so lucky to have you and I know you two will live happily ever after!!!
36.gif
Oh, I am still waiting for your ring photos, too. I know you said you should be getting it by Monday. I cannot wait!!!
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starry, Me want one! What a gorgeous necklace that is!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 8:57:39 PM
Author: starryeyed

Date: 5/10/2007 8:48:16 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/10/2007 8:42:26 PM
thanks katebar! It''s more of a copy though. The only thing I worked on was making the necklace adjustable. It''s probably hard to tell, but there are ''jump rings'' between the diamonds so that I can change the length.

I have to see if the lengths the necklace adjusts to currently will work on my neck. Otherwise, we may need to do some minor tweeking.
Well now how cool is that??!
Thanks Ellen! I''m way into the whole adjustable thing because I often find myself choosing not to wear something because it''s not long enough or it''s too long compared to the top I''m wearing. Does that ever happen to you?

I bought a Gucci diamond necklace that is adjustable and, after seeing how much more versatile it made the piece, I''m hooked.
Awesome piece.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I think a necklace like that is worth purchasing a whole new wardrobe with necklines that work for it!! I know I quit buying collared shirts because my pendant doesn''t look so great with them.

Looking forward to neck pics, including all the different lengths you can get.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Kohdy, I hope I didn''t offend you.
5.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:34:22 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
That is the most amazing, beautiful necklace I have ever seen! Was it made for a special occassion?
Hi Tacori - thanks! Yes, I will wear it for my wedding. My dress has a sweetheart neckline, so the "dip" will hopefully complement the pear drop.

I didn''t go searching for a necklace - it just kind of happened. The pear diamond came from an estate - I couldn''t imagine a woman not wanting this diamond, but sure enough a woman didn''t want her mother''s diamond ring. Crazy right? For whatever reason, there just wasn''t a market for the diamond and it sat on consignment for a while at the local store.

After a long time, I couldn''t stop thinking about it, so I put in a lowball offer and she accepted it. Hooray! It was like it had my name on it!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Need earrings?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:39:38 PM
Author: kohdy
36.gif

Ha, I got so excited when I read Skippy''s charming post (as always) that I didn''t see what Starry had to write! You too are a sweetheart! I am so honored that you consider me a friend!!!
9.gif
Thank you Starry! Now if you will share more photos ASAP with your new friend here!!! hehe... I am waiting...
4.gif
Hi Kohdy!
35.gif
The message from WF says I will have to go pick it up at FedEx. I will be furiously refreshing the FedEx tracking screen to monitor arrival. I just put my camera battery in the charger, just in case!
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:40:34 PM
Author: diamondfan
Starry, Me want one! What a gorgeous necklace that is!
Diamondfan, thanks! It pales in comparison to yours though! You have one of those "dream" necklaces!
30.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:40:37 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I think a necklace like that is worth purchasing a whole new wardrobe with necklines that work for it!! I know I quit buying collared shirts because my pendant doesn''t look so great with them.
Looking forward to neck pics, including all the different lengths you can get.
I treat shoes the same way - shoes first, outfit later!
31.gif

Great idea to try to capture the different lengths! I''ll work on that.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, but yours is lovely and my necklace is not for every day, you can put yours on with a t shirt or a dressy dress and it is perfection!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:50:09 PM
Author: Harriet
Need earrings?
We''ll have to share, for sure! Something old, something new, something borrowed....
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:56:04 PM

Date: 5/10/2007 11:50:09 PM
Need earrings?
We''ll have to share, for sure! Something old, something new, something borrowed....
2.gif
That would be stupendous!
36.gif
But, I''m afraid you''ll be getting the lesser end of the bargain.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:54:31 PM
Author: diamondfan
Oh my gosh, but yours is lovely and my necklace is not for every day, you can put yours on with a t shirt or a dressy dress and it is perfection!
Diamondfan, you hit the nail right on the head! That''s exactly what I was going for. And, I think I can wear it with different "looks" too - from a sleek top to a ruffled one. Can you tell I''m a nut about versatility? Looks, lengths, formality, etc.

Well, I think if I were you, I''d be wearing that necklace of yours in the shower, to bed, and for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
30.gif
It''s completely dreamy!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will look perfect on your wedding day. Be sure to post neck shots when you can (or maybe with your dress
31.gif
)

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:59:43 PM
That would be stupendous!
36.gif
But, I''m afraid you''ll be getting the lesser end of the bargain.
Harriet, with that DF of yours, you will have one of the Cullinan diamonds in no time! I''m not worried!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 12:02:08 AM
It will look perfect on your wedding day. Be sure to post neck shots when you can (or maybe with your dress
31.gif
)

I agree; you are going to be a gorgeous bride.
30.gif
30.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 12:02:08 AM
31.gif
)
Will do - the ones with the dress will have to wait. It''s in the midst of alterations....
39.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 12:05:42 AM

Harriet, with that DF of yours, you will have one of the Cullinan diamonds in no time! I''m not worried!
9.gif
What''s a Cullinan diamond? Boy, am I dense tonight!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 12:05:59 AM
Author: Skippy123
I agree; you are going to be a gorgeous bride.
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks Skippy! I''m hoping that the diamond will be so blinding that no one will notice the extra 5 pounds around my middle!
40.gif

I''ve been on a downward trend, exercising like crazy and trying to control my voracious appetite, but it''s a race against time. I''m hoping Kohdy will chime in with her secrets for slenderness!
31.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 12:09:26 AM
Date: 5/11/2007 12:05:42 AM
9.gif
What''s a Cullinan diamond? Boy, am I dense tonight!
The Cullinan diamond is the largest diamond ever discovered. The rough weighed 3,106 carats! It was found in 1905 and presented to King Edward VII in 1907. Joseph Asscher was tasked with cutting it. The rough produced nine major gems: Cullinan I - Cullinan IX, and 96 smaller ones.

Cullinan I, a 530-carat pear, is known as the Star of Africa and is mounted in the Royal Scepter of the British Crown Jewels. The Cullinan II is a 317-carat cushion mounted in the British crown.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful necklace! I love it. It will make a perfect wedding necklace.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll TAKE it ... it''s *just right*. Swoonable for sure. Congrats!

Am I imagining it ... or are the not-yet-engaged or just engaged gals RACKING IN THE JEWELS lately. Us married folks are slackin''.
3.gif

At least Canuk-Gal is holding down the hitched-up-lady front!!
10.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 2:07:47 AM
Author: Pricescope
Starry, it's gorgeous!
Starry!!! Arrgghhh... I am dying here!
30.gif
That picture is to die for!!! You really are going to be the most beautiful bride on your big day!!! But why does it seem that I am more excited than you, Starry???
6.gif
Anyway, I am so glad to hear that you're ready to go to work with your camera as soon as you pick up that package! I will definitely be dreaming of your necklace tonight!!
30.gif
Oh, by the way, weren't you waiting for a ring too? If I remember it correctly I know you were supposed to get it back some time in a near future!?! I tried paging you once, but I think you missed it!
4.gif

Harriet.... sweetheart... I didn't meant to make you feel bad! I guess I went overboard with the guilt trip!
14.gif
Please forgive me!!!
31.gif
I had no idea that you were so sensitive... I just couldn't tell behind all that fur!!! Don't worry my dear! I am perfectly content just being able to read your posts!!!
2.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Starry, your necklace is just gorgeous! I can''t wait to see a neck shot and I bet you can''t wait to wear it for your wedding.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
another thud!! Ellen your wafting skills are needed over here please.

Sorry Starry, I want to congratulate you, but I am too busy swooning again!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful necklace!!! I can''t wait for neck shots in all the lengths it can do!!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 2:07:47 AM
Author: Pricescope
Starry, it''s gorgeous!
THAT it is.
30.gif

*passing the salts*

starry, wear it in good health!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starry, your necklace is just fantastic!! I can''t believe that someone would give up that gorgeous pear. It was meant to be that you found it and turned it into this magnificent piece!! I really can''t wait to see some neck shots. You will look stunning at your wedding!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOOOWWW!! That necklace is to die for!!
30.gif
30.gif
26.gif

I must admit I have been checking PS, looking for pics of this necklace since you started the thread a while back. It is even more BEAUTIFUL
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
than I imagined it'd be.
This is definitely one of my most favourite pieces I've seen on PS.
36.gif

Can't wait for the neck shots.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results