shape
carat
color
clarity

The PEAR Necklace is Done!! Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 2:53:58 PM
Author: Harriet
Starry,
You're killing me.
9.gif
Where will you be going for your honeymoon?
Btw, when I visit my parents in the summer, I'm taking 2 days out for myself here:
http://banyantree.com/bintan/villas_bayfrontpool.htm
Wow Harriet, that place looks like we died and went to heaven!
30.gif
I don't know how you'll leave after only 2 days!

I'm not sure about our honeymoon - that is TBD. We are doing a July destination wedding in Bermuda. Just parents and my aunt, who is a minister, to give a blessing - not even siblings. Stress-free and easy. We will have a party for friends and family at a later date, and take a honeymoon after that.

My DF felt strongly about this, so what the heck. I never had expectations about my wedding, just the MAN!
2.gif
And the diamond....
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:09:53 PM
Author: starryeyed

Date: 5/14/2007 2:53:58 PM
Starry,
You're killing me.
9.gif
Where will you be going for your honeymoon?
Btw, when I visit my parents in the summer, I'm taking 2 days out for myself here:
http://banyantree.com/bintan/villas_bayfrontpool.htm
Wow Harriet, that place looks like we died and went to heaven!
30.gif
I don't know how you'll leave after only 2 days!

I'm not sure about our honeymoon - that is TBD. We are doing a July destination wedding in Bermuda. Just parents and my aunt, who is a minister, to give a blessing - not even siblings. Stress-free and easy. We will have a party for friends and family at a later date, and take a honeymoon after that.

My DF felt strongly about this, so what the heck. I never had expectations about my wedding, just the MAN!
2.gif
And the diamond....
2.gif
I got bored and wanted to leave the Four Seasons Hualalai after a few days! The price of this one doesn't help either.
You.
9.gif

Btw, I posted new pics of my earrings.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:17:02 PM
I got bored and wanted to leave the Four Seasons Hualalai after a few days! The price of this one doesn''t help either.
You.
9.gif

Btw, I posted new pics of my earrings.
Well, it''s all about the company you keep!
2.gif

Thanks for the heads up about the pictures! I''ll check them out now.
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:33:18 PM

Well, it''s all about the company you keep!
2.gif

Thanks for the heads up about the pictures! I''ll check them out now.
36.gif
I''ll be good sailing company.
9.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:38:59 PM
I''ll be good sailing company.
9.gif
Yes, post-swimming lessons!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I have a seriously scary ex-Marine Special Ops trainer.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Well, the necklace went back to WF today. I''m trying to work on another drawing and will post my ideas for the clasps.

I hope WF will come up with a good solution to keep the pear laying flat and face up. Right now it has a tendency to lay on its side, which isn''t very attractive. I''m not sure if it''s because the chain attaches to the pear in the middle of the top prong, rather than at the back? Or maybe we''re missing a link, causing it to lay at 90 degrees. Hmm...

Whatever it is, they are the jewelry people and should easily know what to do, right?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starry,
I have no expertise and therefore no advice, but I hope you get exactly want you want.
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 11:05:02 PM
I hope you get exactly want you want.
1.gif
No kidding. Me too!
1.gif

Here is what I think I''m looking for. Does anyone see why this wouldn''t be possible?

NecklaceClaspSketch6.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully they will determine what is best. I am very willing to wear it for a while and make sure that it performs as you would like it to!
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 11:48:21 PM
Author: diamondfan
Hopefully they will determine what is best. I am very willing to wear it for a while and make sure that it performs as you would like it to!
2.gif
Yes, hopefully. Last time, "what is best" were those oversized lobster claws.

I''d probably be wise to hand this off to you to avoid frustration!
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure they make errors here and there, but tipping over is not good, and I am sure they will do their best, again, I am willing to test drive it for you!!! (just to spare you any aggravation you understand!!!)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
starry - what a gorgeous necklace!!!!
18.gif

a comment about the clasps. I do a bit of beading so I know a little about this. You can easily get smaller lobster clasps. Not as easy to use (harder bc they are small) but definitely they are around. they look more like this:

here for some reason I cannot link the pic properly.

I do recommend lobster clasps for something like this with adjustable length. the clasp type you have in your modified pic is better for single length necklaces, bc it will not be easy to find one that you can hook to a simple closed loop (what you have now)

Adding the extra links for the 17" should not be a problem. in fact you can probably take it to any local jeweler and they can do it.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
oooh pretty..LOVE the neck shots!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starry, it is STUNNING. More pics, please!! You have such a lovely neck--why can''t my skin look like that? Wear it in good health!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starry,
What''s the current status of the necklace?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had been meaning to compliment you on this stunning necklace...and ask about the double identical clasps but it seems like you''ve returned it to have it re-made? Cant wait to see it again. A truly stunning heirloom piece!
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spy Starry!
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 10:20:24 PM
Starry,
What''s the current status of the necklace?
Hi Harriet, thanks for asking.
1.gif
I''ve been gone for a few days, so sorry I''m not responding sooner!

WF has the necklace and we discussed the clasp/jump ring issue and the issue with the pear not laying flat. In order to fix the pear''s position, WF will re-orient the top loop that connect to the V-prong. They will do a test with someone in the office to see if that fixes the problem.

WF will add additional jump rings and we are going to try round spring clasps. No more lobster claws. I had drawn another clasp deisgn picture, but it got nixed.

Thanks flopkins for the encouragement!
1.gif

DF, maybe you could help with the test!

Thanks for the compliments rainbowtrout, Kim N, and surfgirl!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to know that progress is being made. Now, please come play on my Van Cleef thread.
9.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
These next two pictures are just in from WF. More jump rings have been added and the clasps changed. The pear is suppose to lay flat. What do you think of the round spring clasps?

I thought the circle of the spring clasp would flow better that those big lobster claws. The metal is platinum, so I think it will handle the wear-n-tear. Do you think the size is ok? I can''t really tell from the picture.

WFPearNecklace5.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Ooops. I''m having a problem with the 2nd picture - the file size is too big. The photo is a lovely WF model wearing my necklace. Oh well.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ah, these rings definately flow much better than the lobster clasps---asthetically are much more appealling. Is the necklace heavy--I mean to inquire whether these spring rings will be as strong as the heavier lobster clasps?

cheers--Sharon

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
starry, what is the reasoning for the double clasp? Or is there some specific reason you want a double jump ring? Wouldn't a long oval-ish clasp and a long oval jump ring work as well? I probably missed the conversation about the clasp so forgive me if it's posted somewhere...
1.gif
I think visually, the double clasp, both this one and the original version, are an abrupt change from the links. My eye sort of rolls over the wonderful chain and when I hit the double clasp it looks awkward to the eye. Maybe its just me... Can you do some sort of round button-like clasp that one side clips into? Like a pearl strand clasp? With a diamond on it?
31.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 9:21:03 PM
Author: surfgirl
starry, what is the reasoning for the double clasp? Or is there some specific reason you want a double jump ring? Wouldn''t a long oval-ish clasp and a long oval jump ring work as well? I probably missed the conversation about the clasp so forgive me if it''s posted somewhere...
1.gif
I think visually, the double clasp, both this one and the original version, are an abrupt change from the links. My eye sort of rolls over the wonderful chain and when I hit the double clasp it looks awkward to the eye. Maybe its just me... Can you do some sort of round button-like clasp that one side clips into? Like a pearl strand clasp? With a diamond on it?
31.gif
Surfgirl, the reason for two clasps is so that the necklace is adjustable. Do you see the bigger loops in between the diamonds? Those are "jump rings" for the clasps to hook into. It was a choice on my part. I thought adjustability was more important than a single pretty clasp in the back. Maybe I''ll change my mind in the future, who knows!

The reason why there are two is because the drop in the front is fixed to the chain. If I just had one set of rings for adjustability, the clasp wouldn''t be at the center of my neck in the back, except on the largest setting. Because the necklace is platinum and heavy, I was concerned that the off-centeredness of the clasp would pull the pendant off-center.

The two clasps mean that the necklace will adjust between lengths, but still be centered at the back of my neck. Does that make sense?

Sharon, I asked WF that very question and they assured me that the spring clasps are quite strong. When I talked to Irina about it (since she is so smart!), she was concerned about the mechanical wear. I asked WF about this also and they thought the spring clasps would perform well over time. I had the same concerns as you - great minds, right?
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
An update: The necklace arrived back today with the round spring clasps. SOOOOO much better!
36.gif

Whatever tweaking may have occurred to fix the pear-flipping-on-its-side-problem improved the condition. The pear now defaults to face-up, rather than defaulting to its side. Much better. Hooray!

WF has been very accommodating, so the fix was no big deal. It''s clear that they value their customers!
9.gif
A big thanks to Traci, Vera, Brian, and Leon!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you get a little chancey-poo...would you take some pics of the tweaked areas? For those of us who say, covet that little necklace of yours?!?! Pretty please?!
12.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 7:49:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess
When you get a little chancey-poo...would you take some pics of the tweaked areas? For those of us who say, covet that little necklace of yours?!?! Pretty please?!
12.gif
That would be like a close-up of the pear and many of them?
31.gif
I will have many pictures to take tomorrow - I have some exciting news.....
9.gif
Post to come shortly....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 7:48:25 PM
An update: The necklace arrived back today with the round spring clasps. SOOOOO much better!
36.gif

Whatever tweaking may have occurred to fix the pear-flipping-on-its-side-problem improved the condition. The pear now defaults to face-up, rather than defaulting to its side. Much better. Hooray!

WF has been very accommodating, so the fix was no big deal. It''s clear that they value their customers!
9.gif
A big thanks to Traci, Vera, Brian, and Leon!

Wonderful; I am so happy they fixed it!
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 8:06:15 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wonderful; I am so happy they fixed it!
36.gif
Me too! Thanks Skippy!
1.gif

I hope your studying is coming along ok!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results