shape
carat
color
clarity

The pad saga comes to a close

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, incredible stone and love the setting.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your pad. It makes me want one so badly!!

choyoyo

Rough_Rock
Beautiful gem and beautiful setting! The flower like cut is perfect for that setting :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely. It has an elegant, vintage look in this setting.
36.gif

Adah

Shiny_Rock
A beautiful, delicate ring! I''m in
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everybody! :) Couldn''t have done it without all the excellent PS advice!
I''m sad the camera is picking up so much blue and not picking up the orange in the stone, oh well, you''ll just have to believe me that it''s there I guess
9.gif

I snapped a few this morning, in the sunlight, it''s a pretty pink fireball!

padfireball.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that you can see the rainbow sparks on the table.

padsparks.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And if you have the light behind it, it just glows :) It''s a pretty effect.

padglow.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 11:47:29 PM
Author: Linda W
Date: 5/22/2009 5:43:07 PM

Author: MakingTheGrade

My photos can''t really do the stone justice, you really have to see it in motion to appreciate how much the cut shoots out sparks at you :)

A BIG thanks to everyone who has helped me complete this project!! Especially Linda for all her great guidance on pads and for introducing me to the setting!

MTG: Your pad looks gorgeous in Sally''s setting, it looks right at home there. I am so glad that I could help you. Your ring looks beautiful on your hand too.
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks, I''m glad you like it
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 5:40:43 PM

Date: 5/22/2009 5:38:08 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Very beautiful. Thank you for posting so many photos from the ''top down.'' I really like that as well as the side view.

How high up is the stone? Does it seem like you''re going to hit it on alot of things?

In the last hand shot you can kind of see how high it is. I don''t think it''s in any more danger than a normal prong setting :)
THANKS it''s such a lovely looking setting but it looked higher to me. Enjoy it!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 11:54:39 AM
Date: 5/22/2009 5:40:43 PM

Date: 5/22/2009 5:38:08 PM

Very beautiful. Thank you for posting so many photos from the ''top down.'' I really like that as well as the side view.

How high up is the stone? Does it seem like you''re going to hit it on alot of things?

In the last hand shot you can kind of see how high it is. I don''t think it''s in any more danger than a normal prong setting :)

THANKS it''s such a lovely looking setting but it looked higher to me. Enjoy it!!

Thinking about getting one?
31.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I love the stone and the setting is gorgeous!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
GREAT stone! It does look like a flower in that setting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 3:48:18 AM
Author: kribbie
I LOVE your pad. It makes me want one so badly!!

Thanks Kribbie!
John at Gemrite has a pretty pink one from Africa listed if you''re interested.
9.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm that is a nice pad!
Here we go again!
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 4:00:36 AM
Author: kribbie
Hmmm that is a nice pad!

Here we go again!
1.gif
haha, yay for enabling!!!
I kind of want to get another small stone to stack with this ring down the line, I''m waffling on the color though.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely new pictures!! ....and I apologize for not clarifying what OEC is. Thanks Chrono for explaining! I really love the chunkier faceting of Old European Cut stones! This is a good thing!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2009 10:04:01 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
Lovely new pictures!! ....and I apologize for not clarifying what OEC is. Thanks Chrono for explaining! I really love the chunkier faceting of Old European Cut stones! This is a good thing!!!
Thanks for bringing it up, I looked into it on the other forums, and it is a pretty neat cut :) Seems tricky to get your hands on though. It''s be neat to stack a warmer colored OEC/OMC diamond with this ring, but it''ll probably be awhile before I get the funds for a project that scale, assuming OMC diamonds are priced similarly to modern day diamonds (which may not be a correct assumption, can''t say I''m savvy to the pricing).

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for good measure, some pics of the pad in fluro lighting

fluoropad.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And sitting on the cake topper "me" I painted.

topperpd.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 7:47:03 PM

Thinking about getting one?
31.gif
Right now I don''t have the right stone for that setting. But I think I''ll keep the setting in mind.
11.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! Gorgeous!
30.gif
I love your pad and the way it turned out in the lotus setting.
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 7:06:00 PM
Author: brandy_z28
Oh wow! Gorgeous!
30.gif
I love your pad and the way it turned out in the lotus setting.
36.gif

Thanks! I really like this setting for petite stones :) The lotus looks so delicate and intricate on a small scale.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hey MTG! I love this setting so much that I''ve decided to get one from Sally (with an alexandrite!
30.gif
). The stone she has for me is 4mm round. I was wondering how large yours is, so I can have a basis for comparison. I think the lotus setting will be fine with a 4mm stone, but I''m worried that it will be a little too dainty. What do you think?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2009 10:22:12 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Hey MTG! I love this setting so much that I''ve decided to get one from Sally (with an alexandrite!
30.gif
). The stone she has for me is 4mm round. I was wondering how large yours is, so I can have a basis for comparison. I think the lotus setting will be fine with a 4mm stone, but I''m worried that it will be a little too dainty. What do you think?

Yay! I don''t think you''ll be disappointed, the setting is lovely!
My stone is 5mm, and I''m wearing it on a sz 4.5 finger in my pics, just for reference. It''s definitely on the dainty side, especially compared to my other rings, so 4mm might be too dainty depending on your preferences or your other jewelery.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
ohh..nice stone..90% of all pads are not pads ...everybody wants to call their stone a padparadscha but yours I actually see some peachyness in your photos especially in your first pics..a definite pad you have..very cool..once again nice stone!!!!!!!!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I see. After looking at yours, I think 5mm would be perfect, but the 4mm alexandrite is already pushing my budget (and Sally doesn''t have 5mm). My ring size is substantially bigger, 6.75 (but more like 6.5 at the base; the extra quarter-inch is because my knuckles are large). So 4mm will definitely be tiny, but I actually wear quite a few dainty pieces. I posted a bunch of them in this forum a while ago in case you''re interested:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mostly-colored-gemstone-rings.63519/

Just dug that up to reference in a different thread, so it was on my mind!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Just gorgeous, Sally did a great job! You are one fortunate lady!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 12:55:10 AM
Author: amethystguy
ohh..nice stone..90% of all pads are not pads ...everybody wants to call their stone a padparadscha but yours I actually see some peachyness in your photos especially in your first pics..a definite pad you have..very cool..once again nice stone!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot! I just love the soft peachy pink color, yum yum. There are actually a lot of gorgeous pads floating around old PS threads.

And I can''t see your finished ring Jstar! I bet it''ll be gorgeous, I have no alexandrite jewelery but always thought it was such a pretty and cool stone!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s splendid! It''s really almost fairy-tale like, setting reminds me of a princess crown (or maybe I''ve been spending too much time around my 6 year old!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results