shape
carat
color
clarity

My (mostly) colored gemstone rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Today I felt inspired to photograph and post some of my colored gemstone rings. This is probably less than half of my collection in its entirety, but these are my favorites. I have quite an eclectic taste in jewelry, so these pieces encompass everything from chunky sterling silver to fine tanzanite, alexandrite, and more! So sit back and enjoy the show!

Disclaimer: I didn''t bother to clean any of these, so feel free to ignore the dirt.
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Now let''s take a peek at some of my fun sterling silver pieces. Here''s a blue moonstone that I got from my college bookstore:

bluemoonstone.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My super-chunky labradorite...I love the shank on this one!

labradoritechunk.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
A native American ring I picked up in California. It''s inlaid turquoise (mostly matrix, which I think gives it great character), opal, and sugilite.

nativeamerican.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Now this piece is a real conversation starter. Bought it at the same store as the last piece. It''s rough tanzanite, aquamarine, and quartz (the "Herkimer diamond" variety) with 14k gold beads. The spiral band is really cool, and I''m lucky enough to have the finger real estate to pull it off.

roughrocks.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This is a piece I got from a local bead/jewelry store. I was told it was a green tourmaline, but at the price I paid, I''m not holding my breath. I like the marcasite halo (I think of it as a "poor man''s diamond pave").

maybetourmaline.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Now to segue into my white gold pieces, here''s a real tourmaline that I paid too much for in Maine:

trulytourmaline.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Opal and tanzanite 3-stone with channel-set diamonds in the band. Tanzanite is my favorite colored gemstone, and opal is my birthstone.

opaltanzanite.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My Cornell class ring:

gobigred.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
A tanzanite ring in a pave diamond setting:

tanzanitepave.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oops, guess this one should have been in the sterling silver section! It's a Bentelli "Dianonds in Silver" setting with a really pretty round amethyst. And it came with a really cute blue box and bag (closest to the "real" blue box I'll ever get!). Unfortunately, I managed to snag one of the bypass prongs too many times, and it bent and eventually broke off. Eventually I'll get it shaped back into a point.

bentelliamethyst.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This ring just doesn''t photograph well, but it''s the pride and joy of my collection, a natural alexandrite. It''s an Indian alex so it stays mostly green, but it definitely changes to purple in the right lighting. This is fluorescent, so green is expected. The downside is that it''s a native-cut stone with a large window, so I''d eventually like to get it recut if that''s possible for a 0.4ct stone.

alexandritering.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
A marquise-cut tanzanite ring. I love marquise for colored stones!

tanzanitemarquise1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
One of my recent acquisitions, a ginormous emerald-cut green quartz in a nice open setting:

hugegreenquartz.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This was also a gift from the boy. Not so great of a photo, but you get the idea! It''s a blue topaz mounted points-out with a yellow gold ribbon motif and channel-set diamonds in the white gold band. I love channel-set accent diamonds!

bluetopazribbon.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of diamonds, here''s my 3-stone princess bypass band. The band is half shiny and half satin finish.

diamondbypass.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My best tanzanite stone paired with an onyx inlay:

onyxtanzanite.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
One of my earliest acquisitions, a marquise ruby with (again) channel-set diamonds:

rubychannels.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This is a trillion-cut tanzanite of not-so-great quality, but I adore the setting:

tanzanitetrillion.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Mystic fire topaz in a square-checkerboard cut and set points-out. I normally think mystic fire topaz looks a little overdone, but I fell in love with this one.

mysticfire.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I believe this was my first tanzanite ever! It looks a lot more sparkly when it''s clean, but you get the idea.

tanzaniteoval.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My birthstone returns, this time in a setting with a cool twisted-shank look:

opaltwist.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
A marquise-cut tanzanite with 2 diamond sidestones:

tanzanitemarquise2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Tanzanite in a two-tone setting with...you guessed it, channel-set diamonds!

twotonetanzanite.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Inlaid opal, probably a doublet, but with gorgeous color nonetheless:

opaldoublet.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That''s all for now...hope you all like my pieces!

I need to stop buying jewelry. I''m so obsessed!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow-you have a lot of gemstone rings!
3.gif
They''re all so pretty, and I love how unique they are, especially the "finger real estate" one.:) That pink star sapphire is totally gorgeous.
30.gif
Thanks for sharing!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I looove alll the colors
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! How long has it taken you to collect all of this?

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous rings! And I thought I was the only one addicted to such an extent!
emteeth.gif

I''m especially jealous of your opal rings. Opals are not so readily available here and trying to buy online such a special stone is like gambling your money away, Not that this will stop me from trying!
emwink.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

If you get bored of that opal and tanzanite ring, feel free to send it to me :) Thats my favorate! I have a tanzanite pendant and love the color of tanzanite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results