shape
carat
color
clarity

My (mostly) colored gemstone rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

Siamese Kitty: That spiral ring is definitely the most unusual piece in my collection. I think the rough stones really show the natural beauty of the rocks. Cutting and polishing of course brings this out in a gemstone, but it''s also nice to see them as they are in nature.

Love in Bloom: I''ve been collecting jewelry as long as I was old enough to say "I want the pretty rock!"
3.gif
I''m 24 now. Most of the pieces I own were gifts from my parents and grandparents. In fact, the only ones I bought on my own here were the sterling silver ones, natural alex, tourmaline from Maine, and green quartz. Jewelry was always the one thing on my wish list every birthday, Christmas, and special occasion (like graduations). Usually I would be shopping somewhere with my mom, point out something I like, and she would return to buy it for my birthday or something. My mom is even more jewelry-obsessed than I am, if that''s possible!

Gemnut: I agree, opals are tough to buy without seeing them in person! Most of mine came from department stores. The last one on my list is from Costco. I love Costco''s jewelry...they have some gorgeous colored stones and nicely cut round diamonds. I''ve actually seen arrows in the Costco RBs while they''re sitting in the jewelry case!

Asscherisme: That''s one of my favorites too, since it combines my birthstone with my favorite stone and channel-set diamonds. Tanzanite really does have some rich colors, especially the darker ones (of which I have very little). I''m posting a picture of a tanzanite necklace I saw at Costco.com a year or so ago. It was way out of my price range, but some day I''d love to own one like this:

882124L.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Love the "finger real estate" ring, and all the others, what a great collection! Thanks for sharing, I loved looking at all your bling!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing! You have quite a collection of tanzanite. Is it your birthstone?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2007 9:54:38 AM
Author: part gypsy
Thanks for sharing! You have quite a collection of tanzanite. Is it your birthstone?

Nope, it''s just a stone I fell in love with a few years ago. Opal is my birthstone (and pink tourmaline, I guess, but opal''s the traditional one for October). My collection is nothing compared to my mom''s! My stones, though I love them dearly, are all very small and/or light-colored. Hers are big and rich! I should try to snap a few shots next time I go home.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...not sure what happened to my pink star sapphire, but here it is again:

pinkstarsapphire.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I''m loving all that tanzanite...I have yet to own one piece
39.gif

That mystic topaz was unique...really nice. My mom bought me a mystic ring and it is huge, like 7 cts!!! and in a pear shape so some serious finger coverage. Right now the stone is loose so I''m not wearing but I felt like I had to have the right kind of attitude on the days I wore it....lol

Great collection....thanks for sharing!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a well rounded collection you have. I really like that all of your rings look different from each other. Quite alot of different stones too.

Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results