carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

amc80|1359395327|3365549 said:
Hi all! No, I'm not TTC. I've got a question- I asked it in the newborn-12m thread but thought I might get more answers over here. For those of you who have had a baby, what were your first cycles like once they came back? B was born in August and I stopped BFing in early December. AF came back on Christmas Day (Merry Christmas!). Right now I'm on CD34....and nothing. Before getting pregnant, my cycles averaged 29 days. I'm not sure if I should be freaking out (because seriously, OMG) or if it's just normal hormone fluctuations. Any thoughts?

Amc, from what I can remember way back when, mine returned to normal. I was still ebf though as well. You can temp for peace of mind, or break out a stick. My guess is though that you're fine, unless you've been reckless. ;))

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AMC, my first cycle was a little on the longer side (5 weeks I think). Then the next two were 4 weeks which is my norm. Be careful though - I got pregnant using a condom on day 16 when I usually ovulate on day 12 or 13. It's worth noting that I was still bf when I got pregnant so two "normal" cycles might not have meant I was really back to normal.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

osu922|1359398830|3365599 said:
Hey Diamond, I hope you're appointment goes well today!

Octavia!!! What's the word? Have you tested yet? I'm hoping for a BFP for you :D

AFM, I'm 7 DPO. My timing was better this time, I wasn't able to seduce my husband the day of O, but we did BD CD 12, 14 and 15, and I O'd on CD 16. Since I have all the HPTs that came with my OPKs, I'll start testing on Thursday....

Osu, thanks for the good wishes but it wasn't my month. I did test on Sunday (DH was pleading with me to do it, haha) and it was negative. Tested again yesterday just to be sure and negative again. AF should be here within a day or two. I wasn't really expecting a BFP, as our timing made it possible but not optimal. TBH, I would prefer not to have a holiday baby and there are good reasons why a spring or summer baby would be better for us so I'm not too disappointed yet. I don't think I can convince DH to hold off for another 3-4 months for that reason, though...and of course, if it happens within the next couple months, I will be thrilled regardless of the baby's birthdate :))

Are you still planning to test tomorrow? Crossing my fingers for you!!

Diamond, any updates?

osu922

Rough_Rock

Octavia, I'm going to say the oh so cliche statement of "it's not over until it's over" ;)) That being said, I'm only 9 DPO and I already know I'm not pregnant, it's a combination of not feeling any different and symptoms of AF just around the corner. I'm getting brownish cm when I check CP, I'm not seeing it on toilet paper yet, but I'm sure I will in another few days AF isn't expected until next Tuesday. I will test tomorrow (and every day after) fully expecting a BFN, but I don't mind testing since I have all of the HPTs from my OPK order.

I totally understand not wanting a holiday baby, to me I've always wanted to avoid a holiday baby, but I'm getting impatient, so I don't care if I have baby on Christmas day! I just want one! :))

osu922

Rough_Rock

Well, it looks like it was my month after all! Faint BFP on 10 DPO and another BFP 11 DPO on FRER!!!

1359742709629.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, osu, congratulations!!! Apparently you should have been telling yourself that it's not over 'till it's over, haha. Fingers crossed for a smooth and happy pregnancy for you!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

osu922 said:
Well, it looks like it was my month after all! Faint BFP on 10 DPO and another BFP 11 DPO on FRER!!!
Congrats!!!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Yea, osu, congrats! 2013 is off to a AWESOME start, so excited for all the newly preggo mammas!

osu922

Rough_Rock

Thanks so much! I'm so excited. I just knew I was out this month since I felt no different, so I guess lack of symptoms are symptoms :bigsmile: I'm 12 DPO and I got a positive on a digital today; it's so exciting to see the word "pregnant" appear. So I guess now I wait to make sure this one is sticky :bigsmile:

gammygam

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations osu!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

OSU...CONGRATS!! You and I should be due around the same date. My EDD is 10/10. What is yours? It will be so awesome to go through this together!

osu922

Rough_Rock

Thanks Emerald, Fertility Friend is giving me an EDD of 10/14. It seems like there are a few of us due in October. Have you made an appointment yet?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

So close its basically the same! Yes on the appoitment. I had a misscarrige and D&C in November so I went in for beta hcg's this past week. I got a really early bfp at 10dpo on a digital so I am really hopefull this time. Anyway, I go for my first scan on the 18th. What about you?

osu922

Rough_Rock

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I can't imagine how hard that would be. How exciting that you're expecting again so soon! I have my appointment on the 19th (we really are close)! I'm not sure what to expect for that, I think I'm just getting blood work, and I had a well visit in November, so no pap for me. My husband is coming to the first appointment even though we're not expecting a scan. I don't think my OB starts scans until 10 weeks, ugh, that seems FOREVER away!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

It's ok, thank you though. :) The first appointment is usually family medical history, blood draw, urine sample, I'm not sure if anything else. I get early scans because of what happend last time. It feels like forever and I've only been pregnant for a week! Here is to a healthy and happy pregancy to both of us!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Contratulations, Osu! ::) That's a great line for 10 dpo!! Feel free to join us over on JBP. My EDD is 10/11, there are quite a few of us due right around the same time. Hurray! :appl: Maybe you'll get an u/s on the 19th, that's when my appt is and I know they're doing one. Hope we both see amazing little heartbeats.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Some of you know my story already and I don't want to bring down the happiness of this thread. So I will just say that it's been almost 2 months and DH and I have decided to start TTC again. I'm not sure that I'm going to be temping this time around, hopefully we don't have too much trouble! I'll watch for other signs of O'ing, so hopefully that's enough!

Looking forward to getting to know you girls! Congrats to the recent BFP's. So exciting!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483 said:
Some of you know my story already and I don't want to bring down the happiness of this thread. So I will just say that it's been almost 2 months and DH and I have decided to start TTC again. I'm not sure that I'm going to be temping this time around, hopefully we don't have too much trouble! I'll watch for other signs of O'ing, so hopefully that's enough!

Looking forward to getting to know you girls! Congrats to the recent BFP's. So exciting!

Sending you all the best conceiving vibes, Missy!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock

Missy0483|1359988172|3371855 said:

Missy, I'm so excited for you and your DH. I tracked my cycle for quite awhile the first time around, but like you, the second time we just went with the flow. It seems to have worked out well for us, so I hope the same is true for you too!! Buckets of dust for a quick TTC journey :appl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Missy, again want to cheer you on your next journey. I'm very excited for you and your DH :appl:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks ladies! Hopefully my cycles don't go crazy. My first cycle off bc last time was like 34 days. Now I have to try not to stress! :tongue:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, I will be following your story and cheering you on. I think you are so wise not to overmonitor and just try to relax about it. You definitely do not need any added stress. All my best to you and your husband!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, sending you TTC vibes and lots of dust! You and your DH are in my thoughts!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock

Missy I just wanted to chime in and say wishing you tons of baby dust and a ice short stay in TTc. Hugs.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, dropping by to wish you and your DH well on your TTC journey. I hope you're BFP comes very quickly!! ::)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy, sending you lots of TTC dust! I hope your journey here is short!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Best of luck Missy!! :))

Congratulations EM1!!!! I'm so happy for you! You will be due around the same time I had my little boy this past September!! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

Congrats Tammy and Osu!! Enjoy this exciting time, and best wishes for a h& h 9 months!!!!

osu922

Rough_Rock

Missy, I read your story, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Best of luck on your TTC, may you have a VERY short stay here.

Dani, thanks for the congrats. I'm so excited!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you ladies! I'm on CD18 and have O'd around CD22 in the past, so maybe it's close. OPK's aren't showing much going on yet. The cycle I got pregnant I got a +OPK on CD21, but no AF and then started temping and O'd for sure on CD44. I guess we'll see how the next few days go!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Missy!

Just checking in on you, it's quiet around here but thinking of you and hoping you have lots of luck this cycle. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results