shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hugs to you diamond :(. Hope the new dr. Is the thing u need :)

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

OSU- it's officially my CD1- Let's do this! My temping from the last two months puts my best BD-ing for a baby Xmas eve and Xmas- hopefully that is what my body has planned <3

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

OSU....I think you are a day or two ahead of me but I am officially CD2 and ready to enjoy this holiday season an trying to make a 2013 baby! Hopefully we BOTH have a short stay in this thread and are showing off bumps in the pregnancy thread in no time. Trying to stay positive but if I hear everything happens for a reason one more time I might lose it

osu922

Rough_Rock

Diamond - YAY for the positive attitude! I hear ya on the "everything happens for a reason" while I haven't heard it yet on the TTC front, I've had my fair share of it when it comes to my job situation, it's so frustrating to hear, but more often than not, the person telling you that is coming from a good place.

How exciting to have a cycle buddy, it does look like I'm two days ahead of you for O'ing as well. My plan is to BD every day beginning Sunday until confirmed O. I'm holding off on OPKs this month and relying on temps to confirm ovulation.

I still can't believe this month is finally here! My husband and I are really hopeful it will happen this month, I've already calculated my estimated due date :D

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

My first month off BC I O'd cd15 and this last cycle it was cd20 so it looks like the fertilityfriend app took an avg and is projecting a cd18 O day. Since my first two cycles were so different I will also be watching my temps and using the opks to try and figure it out. About 12 of my friends have had babies in the last 18 months....only two were actually trying...the rest were completely unplanned and/or accidents. That is all so fascinating now given the ridiculous amount of statistics I've read ....

osu922

Rough_Rock

Diamond I know!!! It's crazy how many people get accidentally knocked up when it seems like it really depends so much on timing.

I'm waiting around to O, currently on CD 8, I think the first part of my cycle is so much longer of a wait than the second part! Are you doing anything to pass the time, well, aside from the obvious? :naughty:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

DiamondSmitten|1355274650|3329014 said:
My first month off BC I O'd cd15 and this last cycle it was cd20 so it looks like the fertilityfriend app took an avg and is projecting a cd18 O day. Since my first two cycles were so different I will also be watching my temps and using the opks to try and figure it out. About 12 of my friends have had babies in the last 18 months....only two were actually trying...the rest were completely unplanned and/or accidents. That is all so fascinating now given the ridiculous amount of statistics I've read ....

OMG, 12? That's like the first year DH were dating and we were jointly invited to 22 weddings; including about 5 family members. We got to about 30 by the time we were engaged 2.5 years in. It's just horrendous when it's SO in your face...

Anyway, still officially lurking over here, but hoping to joing you ladies by February- by which time you'll both hopefully be out!

osu922

Rough_Rock

It's so quiet over here! How's it going Diamond, any signs you're going to O early?

I'm still a few days away from O'ing, usually between CD 15-17, and I'm on CD 13. DH and I have been covering our bases though :wink2:

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

Ug what a crazy busy time of year....we had an out of town black tie wedding last weekend which just sucked the life out of me!! Since stopping the nuvaring and deciding to try or a baby I'm more surprised than anyone that our BDing is not happening as much as if hoped. Both cycles since I came off have been plagued with thick brown spotting for 3-4 days followed by 7 solid days of AF. We are missing out on so much intimacy time and it's bummin both of us out. On the nuvaring I had 3 days of AF so we had plenty of time for fun. I'm on CD12 with no signs of O-ing anytime soon . It will most likely happen around Christmas and we are staying at his parents Xmas eve where I get to sleep on a couch bc we aren't maried despite us being 29 and 31 and living together since April, it's irritating to say the least and we will miss out on a prime BDing time. We have to leave right after work to go over to PA for mass and dinner and then XMas day is all morning with his family all afternoon/ eyeing with mine. Crap timing for making a baby!! Hopefully amongst me working all weekend and other family obligations we will find time but my gut tells me we will miss this month again and head into cycle 4 still trying. I had y annual with a new obgyn practice this week an I think I might have found a good fit finally. The dr mentioned genetic counseling bc I all of my illness and what not which frankly is smart but scares the heck out of me. When I pap comes back abnormal as it has the last 5 yrs I will schedule the colposcopy and biopsy for January so long as I am not pregnant. Come April if I am still not the doctor said a laparoscopy is definetly up next to diagnose the endometriosis and remove as muh scarring as try can. It's overwhelming to think that might e necessary but the reason my bf and I started on this journey is because we kinda expected all this considering my health. Hoping to somehow avoid it all with a lil Christmas miracle and start the new year with a BFP! Any prayers and well wishes are welcome and OSU I am sending them your way!

luckky

Shiny_Rock

So many posted about TTC here that I didn't read it all yet. But I one of you ladies that on my TTC journey and after 5 months I found out that TTC is easier with the following :

1. clearblue easy fertility monitor, this is so easy to used and tell me that I HAVE BEEN BD WRONG TIME all these months!
2. Preseed, I have a problem with my CM so I used preseed and it's work! http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/preseed-multi-use.html
3. Instead Soft cup, I used it after BD put the pillow under my hip and legs up. I leave it there for about 5 hrs.

So...I have been late more than a week, got a light faint line and finally I got my BIG FAT POSITIVE!! :) so happy and couldn't believe it happen faster than I expected. Hope this time my dear little angel bean is stick!

Dec 15th is our 5th anniversary and we couldn't asking for any better gift! I gave DH a card with the positive test hiding inside and wrote to him :

"Positive proof that in nine months you will be the best dad around, just wait, you'll see."

I do not have a face to see, Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss, I do not yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands, Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song, Or cuddle me so near.
I'm your new little boo boo
All I ask between now and then, Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait, Because of all the love we'll know.

I made him cried! and we both just hugging and cried, tears with joy, couldn't believe that miracle is happen so soon.

This is our best anniversary gift and best Christmas gift ever!

Some of you guys might be heard of these but I just found out and would like to share. I used these at the first month after nothing the the last 4 months and I got my BFP on the very first month! So I don't know which one really help or all together is work for me. Really miracle! wish you all the best of luck and lots of baby dust :saint:

img_0576.jpg

img_393.jpg

img_394.jpg

osu922

Rough_Rock

Diamond, I hope you were able to get a few BD sessions in, how disappointing the separate sleeping places at your boyfriend’s family. Have you detected O yet? Hopefully it was delayed with all the stress of the holidays, and you can get in plenty of sessions this weekend! :naughty:

Luckky, thanks for weighing in with your helpful tips and congratulations on your BFP! :appl: I’m already planning on using OPKs next month to confirm O and I’ll have to look into the preseed and softcups. Did you have any symptoms that you were pregnant before you tested? If so, how many DPO were you?

AFM – I’m 5 DPO and looking for any and all prego symptoms, none yet :D I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

gammygam

Shiny_Rock

Osu, my fingers are doubly crossed for you and I hope you get your BFP!

I got mine 11 dpo, but I just *knew*.

luckky

Shiny_Rock

[
Luckky, thanks for weighing in with your helpful tips and congratulations on your BFP! :appl: I’m already planning on using OPKs next month to confirm O and I’ll have to look into the preseed and softcups. Did you have any symptoms that you were pregnant before you tested? If so, how many DPO were you?

AFM – I’m 5 DPO and looking for any and all prego symptoms, none yet :D I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.[/quote]

Thank you hun and I wish you good luck and get you BFP very soon on this cycle too xoxox hugs
Regarding to my symptoms, yep I did have a very clear symptoms even though is similar with symptoms before we get AF. I got a light cramps and once in a while very sharp pain in my lower tummy on 5-7 DPO and I tested got my BFN , 9-12DPO I felt very sore boob and more than normal very painful that I can't even touch!! I tested again, got very very light faint line, so...I got so much hope and promise myself not to test until AF not show up. 2 days past due of AF I tested again very strong line, and a week later I test with digital test said Pregnant :love: Good luck hun and everyone here, don't give up hope and you will get it soon!

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

Hello all! Hope you all had a great holiday. I had an awesome time with so many people I love.... but picked up the flu somewhere along the way. Home sick as a dog 3rd day in a row. As many of you have read this is my 3rd cycle off BC. I am CD 19 and for the very first time got a truly positive wondfo OPK. Of course with the flu there is virtually no likelihood of BD-ing so this cycle will be a bust. My "almost" positive opk was CD 19 last cycle as well so maybe this is a sign that my body is regulating a bit since coming off of the nuvaring. 33 day cycles are kind of a bummer since that means there is one less chance a year to get preggers as compared to a 27-28 day cycle. Ok- more bedrest and fluids for me... hoping for more BFP for everyone trying this month

osu922

Rough_Rock

Diamond, YAY for your body regulating, it’s good that 2 months in a row you are ovulating near CD 19. I’m sure one less cycle a year won’t matter, you will be knocked up soon, so don’t let this get you down. Hopefully you feel better soon, and you have your dr.’s appointment next month, so you can start getting some answers.

Gammygam, thanks for chiming in, I wish I “knew” but at this point, I’m just hoping it’s still too early for symptoms.

AFM, I’m 7 DPO. Still no symptoms yet, and I have googled way too much, but what I did find is, not everyone gets symptoms early, so maybe I’m just one of those??? I keep debating on whether or not to test at 10 DPO, or just wait until my missed period. If I wait, then the latest I’ll test is Thursday, but those tests are calling my name!

luckky

Shiny_Rock

Just because you don't have any symptoms doesn't mean you out hun, we all different. One of my friends doesn't have any too and turn out got BFP on 12 DPO. I will encourage you go ahead test it on 12 DPO or so. Good luck and wish you get a BFP!! :wavey:

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

Soooo somehow mustered up the energy to convince the bf to BD even though I had the flu. I'll most likely O tomorrow so at least we got one time in after a positive opk. Since we thought I would O wed we bd'd on the 21st 22nd 24th 25th ...then I woke up the 26th with the flu so wed and thur no bding....and then again tonight. I'm not counting myself out yet but not bding the two days before the positive opk certainly hurts our chances. Our 2yr anniversary is January 7 ....wouldn't a BFP be the perfect gift ?

osu922

Rough_Rock

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2013 brings many sticky BFPs!

My hat is off to you Diamond! That's really good timing all things considered! I agree it would be more ideal to have the 26th and 27th in there as well, but I have seen enough charts to know you don't need those days to get a sweet little baby ;-) Fingers crossed and dust for a BFP on your anniversary!

AFM, well I'm offically the crazy lady peeing on things at 10 and 11 DPO. I've taken tests apart to get a better look, only to see there is absolutely no second line. I'm expecting the witch to show up tomorrow or Thursday. If by some miracle she doesn't show her face, I'll wait to test until Saturday morning when I will be 15 DPO. I still don't have any symptoms other than normal AF symptoms **TMI Warning** and last night, and again this morning I saw a pink tinge when I wiped. Normally I start spotting a few days before AF so I think this is just the start of that.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

Ug... The 2WW is like purgatory I swear... CD24- 5DPO.... AF isn't due for another 7 days.... can't test for AT LEAST another 5 days...

OSU- Im sorry you think AF is on her way but this cycle isn't over until it actually happens...

osu922

Rough_Rock

Diamond, how true it's not over until AF is officially here, but another BFN today and brownish/pinkish CM has me questioning that.... I told myself I wasn't going to test again until Saturday, but those tests were calling my name! I stand corrected, YELLING my name. I will try to exercise my will power and not test again tomorrow, but I think the only thing that will stop me is AF :oops: She should be visiting tomorrow, so I should know soon enough.

I absolutely hate the 2WW. I really thought the first two weeks waiting to O was bad, but I've changed my mind! Peeing on sticks is getting to be an expensive habit, once I get AF, I will order OPKs and HPTs from amazon. These "wondfos" I've read so much about will let me pee as often as I want!

Diamond, are you doing anything fun for your anniversary next week? Maybe planning something fun will help pass the time! What day are you going to test?

loveabc90

Rough_Rock
Trade

I thinks i trying to not get my hopes up since it our first time trying and even if you time everything perfectly, you have a 50% chance of conceiving. Wish happy you .
:twirl: :twirl:

osu922

Rough_Rock

Looks like I finally made it to CD1! I didn't think AF would ever show up. I thought I had my O date correct, but maybe not, anyway, onward and upward. I ordered OPKs from Amazon last week and they should be here tomorrow. I sure hope I detect O correctly this time.

Question for anyone who used wondfos, how many times a day did you test, and when did you start testing? I'm also going to pick up some Preseed for this cycle, hopefully between OPKs and Preseed we can catch our little egg this time! :D

Welcome loveabc!

Diamond, my fingers are crossed for you, are you testing tomorrow?

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

Well my chart in FF says I am 10DPO (though I suspect I am 9... temps were thrown off by the flu)... so naturally I woke up and took a test.... BFN. I have been cramping since Saturday so I have been waiting to AF to rear her ugly head. No spotting at all yet.... (I spotted at 7dpo and 9dpo my first two cycles until AF arrived.) I have a bunch of wondfo HPT that came with the OPK I ordered so I know I will have NO self control and continue to test each morning until AF shows which should be by Friday. My temps are still up so maybe the cramping isn't AF related (fingers crossed). I think if AF shows this month I am going to break down and spend the $$ on the CBE fertility montitor. I know it is expensive and it has "only" been 3 cycles but considering everything else I am facing and trying to get this show on the road it will be money well spent.

OSU- sorry AF/CD1 took its sweet time arriving. New cycle is another chance though so yay. As for the OPK's- I got my first genuinely positive this cycle. It was only clearly positive at 11am and 3 pm ..... I also tested at 8am and 6pm.... both were "almosts" so my surge is pretty short it seems if I only caught it at 11 and 3. I only tested 4 times that day because I was home with the flu and had nothing better to do. I work in a prison so testing at work is super difficult and probably why I missed it the first two cycles (just another reason I want the fertility monitor).

Well fingers crossed I am still awaiting a BFP.... the 2WW is simply torture....

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

DS, good luck to you. The 2WW is the worst.

OSU, you start to find your own groove with wondfo testing. Prior to having baby #1, I had 50-60 day cycles, so it was a waste of tests to start before CD20. My surge is fast, so once I saw some slight darkening of the test line, I tested 2x per day. I know other TTCers who would test 3x per day.

Now my cycles are more regular (30ish days), so I'll test starting around CD12 or so. I'm not actively trying, so I'm a little lazy. And if you're really regular, you don't feel the need to test so early on. After a few months of tracking and knowing how fast your surge comes, you'll get into a routine that works.

Are you temping, too? It helped me confirm my surges...I wasn't terriby regular then and would sometimes get false surges, so I liked having a second tool for confirming my O days. You may not need the temping, though.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Sooo...I think I'm officially in this thread. :-o :bigsmile: It's a really, really odd feeling to do something that has a real possibility of making a baby after being so careful for so many years. Even though I know it's silly, I'm already noticing things that could be "signs" (it doesn't help that DH keeps asking at regular intervals, "are you pregnant yet?"). It's actually a little earlier than planned, but we've been talking about this for ages and had basically decided that we'd be ready so when it seemed right, we'd go for it. Thing is, I had planned a pre-TTC appointment with a local midwives clinic for tomorrow! So now I'll need to go in and say that there's a chance I could be about 44 hours pregnant, haha. I really wanted to be set up with a provider before getting pregnant (my PCP does "routine maintenance" but obviously not obstretics) so I'm really glad I'd already made that appointment. Yikes. The other thing is, my young cousin just announced her pregnancy over the holidays so the family is kind of buzzing over that -- she's still in college, unmarried, probably not the best situation. And if I were to get pregnant soon, I really don't want my family to be comparing us but I'm sure it would happen. Oh well.

How is everyone else doing? Any news?

osu922

Rough_Rock

YAY Octavia! How wonderful you have officially joined this thread! How many DPO are you?

Diamond, any news?

AFM sorry for my two week absence! I'm pretty sure I got a positive OPK today at CD 15. I tested this morning and the test was pretty dark, but not quite as dark as the control line, I tested again this afternoon and it was much closer to positive, and again this evening and it looked as dark as the control line. So now I just need to wait to confirm O with my temperatures. I also bought preseed this month, so I'm really hoping this is our month :D

For those of you using OPKs did you keep testing after you got your positive, or did you stop? I'm inclined to watch the line fade out. Also, I was getting very faint lines since CD 8, is this normal?

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock

OSU- Fingers crossed for you!

AFM- third cycle was a fail.... I am CD13 . I don't anticipate O-ing until CD 20 and won't start using my opk's to confirm until CD 16 as to not waste them. My BF and I are moving to a bigger place March 10 and have a bit of stress associated with that so we aren't terribly concerned with TTC right now. I was really hoping it happened in the first few cycles and think I need to just live life and not worry about it for a few months. I still have my appt with the high risk doctor on Monday. Took me 4 months to get that appt so I am certainly still going. If anything interesting comes from that I'll be sure to come back an update.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Osu, good luck! I have no idea about OPKs, I'm not using them (yet). I know there used to be a lot of discussion about them on this thread, so maybe go back several pages to see if someone else asked about this before?

DiamondSmitten, so sorry that it wasn't your month. I think it's a great idea to see the specialist even if you're being laid-back about TTC for a little while. IMO, it's better to get preliminary stuff out of the way as soon as you can. Good luck to you, too!

AFM, I think I'm about 9 or 10 DPO now, but I'm not really sure. I used to chart my temps but fell off the wagon when my BBT got lost during one of our moves. And we're being sort of relaxed about the process for now, anyway, so I'd rather not get too clinical about it unless we need to. So we're at something more than NTNP, but not full-blown TTC, if that makes sense. Still debating whether to test this weekend or wait to see if AF shows up next week. I do have a pre-TTC bloodwork appointment (haha) scheduled for Tuesday, though, so I should probably know before then!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Hi all! No, I'm not TTC. I've got a question- I asked it in the newborn-12m thread but thought I might get more answers over here. For those of you who have had a baby, what were your first cycles like once they came back? B was born in August and I stopped BFing in early December. AF came back on Christmas Day (Merry Christmas!). Right now I'm on CD34....and nothing. Before getting pregnant, my cycles averaged 29 days. I'm not sure if I should be freaking out (because seriously, OMG) or if it's just normal hormone fluctuations. Any thoughts?

osu922

Rough_Rock

Hey Diamond, I hope you're appointment goes well today!

Octavia!!! What's the word? Have you tested yet? I'm hoping for a BFP for you :D

AFM, I'm 7 DPO. My timing was better this time, I wasn't able to seduce my husband the day of O, but we did BD CD 12, 14 and 15, and I O'd on CD 16. Since I have all the HPTs that came with my OPKs, I'll start testing on Thursday....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results