shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hi Tammy! Pretty sure I got a positive OPK today!!! :)

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Well get to it!! :naughty: :lol:

Good luck and happy Friday!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lots of dust headed your way, Missy! I hope you and DH are hanging in there, and I still keep you both in my thoughts!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks girls! We are doing ok I think. It's hard when we see someone knew and they ask questions. Other than that we're hanging in there as best as we can. But the +opk is perfect timing as we're going away for the weekend!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock

Me too Missy, what Monkey said. I'm thinking of you and pulling for you big time. Hope you enjoy the weekend and have lots of good bd opportunities, lol. Does that sound weird to say? Anyhoo enjoy!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Missy,

Just checking in on you, almost test time, yes? :bigsmile: Good luck!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

YES! I had 2 days of +OPKs CD 24 and CD 25. We BD'd on CD22, 24 and 25. I had pretty noticeable O pain this time around on CD24 and 25. So I'm at 7 or 8dpo according to OPKs. We'll see what happens. Just feeling a little crampy, but not AF-like yet. :errrr:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Hooray Missy, I want to send you some extra TTC dust. Just be warned PS dust is some pretty potent stuff. With so many of us thinking about you and your DH, watch you'll end up with twins :-o ;)) :bigsmile:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks LC!! Sheesh, you sound like my mom. She is wishing twins on me as well. She says "The more the merrier" :o

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Missy0483|1361556680|3387734 said:
YES! I had 2 days of +OPKs CD 24 and CD 25. We BD'd on CD22, 24 and 25. I had pretty noticeable O pain this time around on CD24 and 25. So I'm at 7 or 8dpo according to OPKs. We'll see what happens. Just feeling a little crampy, but not AF-like yet. :errrr:

Ohhh I was crampy too in my TWW. ;)) I also tested positive around 8-9 DPO...I think I need to send you a bunch of Wondfos to get this POAS party started! :lol: Are you temping?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

I only have one pg test in my house currently! I'm waiting til the right time! Last time I waited til 12dpo, but that's because my temps kept going up and I kept having a bloated feeling on and off. No, not temping this time

Edited to answer your temping question!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Sending positive dust your way Missy! I'm hoping for twins for you too!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Wishing you luck Missy!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Good luck, Missy! Thinking of you.

I'm pretty sure this month was a no-go here, as DH was out of town all week and I'm pretty sure we missed the window. There's a VERY slim chance he got home in time, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm a little torn about next month, since I would vastly prefer a spring, summer, or fall baby so I'd kind of like to hold off another month or two...but I turn 31 in March and would also kind of like to just get to it. We'll see. DH is totally into TTC so I'll probably either have to beat him off with a stick or go for it, haha. ;))

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

This morning was a BFN at 10dpo. I guess I'll wait and see! I really hope I did O for sure and I'm not just waiting around for nothing!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, hang in there, it's still too early to count yourself out. I hope it isn't the case, but even if this isn't your cycle, I'm praying you are able to experience the joy of pregnancy again very soon.

Sending my best to all of you others who are TTC. I have a 4.5 month old son, so I'm NOT TTC right now; however, I've decided not to go back on birth control because I had a difficult time conceiving last time around, and just in case, I don't want to do anything that might make it harder for me to conceive when we decide to try again. Anyway, I need to go back and reread some of this thread because I need to remember how all of the timing with EWCM and OPKs works again, as we are going to be practicing NFP until we decide to TTC again. Can't believe how much I have forgotten in a year. I hope you have all moved on from this thread before I start posting in this thread again.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Missy, I've been lurking and cheering you on--I agree with MP that 10dpo is too early to count yourself out. And if this isn't your cycle, that's okay, too.

Octavia, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I completely understand about being on the fence about TTC over the next month or two given the timing. That was one of my considerations when trying to decide when to TTC (we aren't yet--it will be spring at the earliest).

MP, I did the same thing--I didn't go back on BC, but still (mostly) track my ovulation using OPKs. I'm not as diligent since we're not TTC, plus I'm not temping this time around (you know how it is with a baby--your days of getting uninterupted sleep are over), so there are months I miss my surge. I've been pretty regular since AF returned, though, so that helps. I just think I'm going to be a bit lazier about it this time around, even when we do start to TTC.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Missy, It's easy for me to say, but it's OK if you don't hit one in this cycle. It's your "Getting back in the saddle" cycle, so for now, just enjoy the sex ;))

Octavia, I hear you about trying to time your TTC, but y'know what they say: Best laid plans of Mice & Men. Sounds like your DH is *full steam ahead* on the TTC, so good luck beating him off. LOL!

MP and NEL, OMG I thought you guys were jumping into the TTC pool again! I don't think we're quite at that point yet. Plus I've got a Mirena IUD in, so I'd need to remove it if we were to try for another. I dunno, things flew by and it might be longer still until Ethan has a sibling.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the good wishes, NEL and LC!

lliang_chi|1361828075|3390270 said:
Octavia, I hear you about trying to time your TTC, but y'know what they say: Best laid plans of Mice & Men. Sounds like your DH is *full steam ahead* on the TTC, so good luck beating him off. LOL!

The main reason I'm concerned about timing is because my midwife advised avoiding a winter baby if possible, since I can't have the whooping cough vaccine and it's really bad in this region. Basically, all we can do is limit access to people who have been vaccinated and just be really careful until the baby can get its shots, but she said it would be really helpful to try to avoid having an as-yet unvaccinated baby during the prime sickness season. Makes sense to me. If we could hold off until at least a February due date, it would at least be late spring by the time I'd have to go back to work/start the baby in daycare, and 6+ months until so many nasty respiratory illnesses start flying around again. DH hears me but doesn't really hear me on this, though -- I think he just doesn't really get why it's such a serious thing. I'd just prefer to err on the side of caution, but I also know that it we're still trying at this time next year, I wouldn't step back at that point...Aagghh, it's a tough one.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

I am kicking myself for not temping already!!! I had crazy O pains this cycle, I hope an egg was truly released and that pain wasn't for nothing other than a long drawn out cycle. :errrr:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, thinking of you. I too hope that you at least ovulated when you think you did, so you don't have to be in suspense too much longer either way.

Octavia, I tend to agree with LC. The hard part about trying to plan when to have a baby is that you don't know until you try whether you are really fertile and it will happen right away or it will take a long time. I had a baby in October, and he started daycare in early January, right in the middle of cold and flu season. He seems to have had a constant cold since he started (although he doesn't seem too bothered by it), so I get your concern about that. Good luck to you! Hopefully, your timing was better than you think.

LC, ha ha, I'm not trying quite yet. Although I'm tempted :) I think Ev is just playing tricks on me by sleeping through the night this past week, giving me the impression that I can somehow handle two babies at the same time. I think it is mainly because I so want at least one sibling for Ev, but I have no idea how long it will take us or if we'll need help again, and DH is ten years older than I am, so if we want another baby or two, we don't have the luxury of time.

NEL, that's great your cycle seems to be regular. Mine has been all over the place since it returned. It was super predictable before, so I'm hoping it is just my hormones regulating after having the baby. I can't help but give TMI on this thread, but I've been having longer AFs (they used to be almost too short and light) and also more noticable CM, so I'm really hoping that will all somehow translate into me getting pregnant faster the second time around. But I'm preparing myself for the fact we will likely have to try for awhile and possible turn to IUI again. I also don't think I'll have the capability or desire to track my cycle nearly as much this time around.

Sorry for the complete threadjack ladies!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Missy0483|1361904322|3390949 said:
I am kicking myself for not temping already!!! I had crazy O pains this cycle, I hope an egg was truly released and that pain wasn't for nothing other than a long drawn out cycle. :errrr:

Well you can temp now to see where you're at in terms of pre or post O temp range! So at minimum you'll know you ovulated...though I'm betting you did between the positive opk and appropriately timed O pains. :)) I'm sure you're climbing the walls wanting to test though, I have NO idea how you can control yourself from running to the store for more tests!! C'mon, you KNOW you want to.... :devil: :halo:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

tammy77|1361907130|3390997 said:
Missy0483|1361904322|3390949 said:

Well you can temp now to see where you're at in terms of pre or post O temp range! So at minimum you'll know you ovulated...though I'm betting you did between the positive opk and appropriately timed O pains. :)) I'm sure you're climbing the walls wanting to test though, I have NO idea how you can control yourself from running to the store for more tests!! C'mon, you KNOW you want to.... :devil: :halo:
Haha, oh I have tests :cheeky: One of my mom friends on Facebook sent me 6 Wondfo hpts, along with confetti for "baby dust" :lol: They're still negative. I tested today at 12dpo. I looked back at my old chart and I got my first +hpt at 12dpo, but I hadn't tested any other days before that. I have zero symptoms, other than creamy cm (tmi, but it was really thick creamy cm right after I think I O'd and has been a more thin creamy since). So, I will keep on waiting!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

MP, it's interesting you say that because I was talking to a friend and we were both complaining about how AF was longer and heavier after having a baby (neither of us know if this is normal, just our experience). She finally got pregnant with her first after 2 rounds of IUIs and one round of IVF, then got pregnant naturally with her 2nd within a cycle of two of trying. They were planning to do IVF, so she was shocked that she was pregnant and has always wondered if she was just more fertile after having her first.

She said the toughest part was trying to plan the timing of the 2nd since they weren't sure how long to try naturally, then how long it would take with medical intervention. She ended up getting pregnant before she was really ready, but it worked out fine.

Missy, the waiting game is the hardest. I feel like your O pain is pretty strong evidence that you did O. Do you typically get creamy CM before AF shows up?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

NEL - I don't know. After I had Blake I never got AF on my own even after 90 days. They started me on BC, so I was on it from September til January. I marked "creamy" here and there on past cycles back in 2011 but only had 2 cycles off bc and the 3rd I got pregnant. So not much to go on!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Well boo for the bfn, but it's still early! :)) I always get creamy CM after I ovulate and FWIW it was the same on my pregnancy cycle. The only difference honestly (and this is weird, but it's true) was I didn't get my pre-af acne. Seriously, EVERY month I would get a pimple in the exact same spot, on the left side of my chin. Other than that, I didn't notice any symptoms until after 14dpo. I started on progesterone after that though and of course that made me dog tired and bloated.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

AF started this afternoon. Boo! So most likely I did ovulate since it wasn't too long, 36 days. Cycle 2, maybe that'll be my lucky one!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

I'm sorry she showed, but at least you're getting back on track and get to practice a bit more! :lol: I really, really hope that your next cycle is the one! 8) Are you planning to start temping or just wait and see for another cycle?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Well I don't know. I have a crazy, wacko cat that likes to wake me up at random times sometimes 3, sometimes 4, sometimes 5 in the morning!! So my waking schedules would be off. DH would think I was insane if I set my alarm for 3am just to make sure I'm up before she comes begging for food :-o

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, so sorry this wasn't your month. I'll keep you in my thoughts that you don't have to wait too much longer. But at least you know you ovulated around the time you think you did; that's reassuring. Hang in there. And all my best for this upcoming cycle!

NEL, that's interesting about your friend. My body is totally confusing me right now, and I just don't see how I can fit in temping right now, so we just need to be extra careful until we decide to try again on the off-chance we have an easier time getting pregnant next time around. Can't wait until you are ready for your next one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results