shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Aviastar, I envy your stamina! We went with the every-other-day method and after a couple of cycles of trying even that wore me out. Wishing you tons of luck!

Missy, I keep my eye on this thread just in case you have any updates :) Still sending tons of dust your way.

MP, such exciting news!! I can definitely understand wanting to go the NTNP route for a bit even if it feels a little early since fertility issues are in the back of your mind. How shocked would you be if you were pregnant a month from now :) I have to admit that I'm not feeling 100% ready, even though we've agreed to start trying next month (I already ovulated this month, so technically the next time I ovulate). I told D that I'm going to stop tracking my ovulation and then we might go the NTNP route, too. He's on board with a more laid-back approach and I'd rather not be super focused on timing until I feel more ready.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Aviaster, good luck and have fun!

Missy, how are things with you guys?

MP and NEL, wow - such exciting news. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for your posts. :) I'm still not ready to start trying yet. I still can't believe I will have a 1-year old on Sunday! I'd have to get my Mirena removed anyway, but I have my annual exam coming up soon, so I'll discuss with my OB then. I just went through a super long cycle recently and have no idea if it was from the Mirena or not. Even this cycle after the 73-day cycle, I'm currently on CD30 and have no idea when it'll end.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Yea, more company over here!

And oh, yea, that kind of schedule is special holiday/vacation/kick off kinda thing...we'd never get anything else done if we tried to keep that up forever! But it did feel like a special and sexy start, which is something I'd like to maintain if we can. I don't think either of us would react very well to a super clinical approach :lol:

How in the world do you get on with planning your life when TTC? I've made a big decision and just committed to working on two major theater productions this summer (fight choreographer for some Shakespeare and dance choreographer for a musical). They're both paid, which is GREAT, and I think this might be one of my last chances to do this sort of thing for a while. Once baby comes along, working on shows will be a great luxury. DH is totally on board.

BUT, what if I am pregnant by July? There will be no backing out at that point, they'd never be able to replace me and there shouldn't be any real reason I wouldn't be able to do everything I need to that early on. I'd skip demonstrating any fall work, but that's it. I'd like to be as active as I can for as long as I can. So it all points to being a great opportunity. Except if I am sick as a dog, of course :lol:

So just live your life and deal with what comes? No sense borrowing trouble and all that?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Missy ditto what NEL said. Still waiting to hear updates from you and sending over tons of dust.

MP & NEL I feel I'll be ready to start trying in the fall also. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys again. I'm using Mirena as my birth control method so until it's removed, we're definitely on the waiting fence. Which kinda makes me a little disappointed. Just this weekend I was mentioning to DH and FIL, "Ethan didn't even want me to hold him at bed time. I put him in the crib and stayed next to him and he fell asleep on his own." DH was like, "What a big boy. [long thoughtful pause] This is how people have their 2nd kid, when you miss things that they did when they were little." So I think he's starting to think about #2 also.

Avia Wow girl you and your DH aren't messing around. Or should I say, ARE messing around LOL. Well, sounds like you guys are enjoying yourselves. Can't wait to hear more updates from you too. :)

~LC

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Missy ditto what NEL said. Still waiting to hear updates from you and sending over tons of dust.

MP & NEL I feel I'll be ready to start trying in the fall also. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys again. I'm using Mirena as my birth control method so until it's removed, we're definitely on the waiting fence. Which kinda makes me a little disappointed. Just this weekend I was mentioning to DH and FIL, "Ethan didn't even want me to hold him at bed time. I put him in the crib and stayed next to him and he fell asleep on his own." DH was like, "What a big boy. [long thoughtful pause] This is how people have their 2nd kid, when you miss things that they did when they were little." So I think he's starting to think about #2 also.

Avia Wow girl you and your DH aren't messing around. Or should I say, ARE messing around LOL. Well, sounds like you guys are enjoying yourselves. Can't wait to hear more updates from you too. :)

~LC

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Hey girls! Ummm, well I haven't updated because nothing has really changed! CD43 today. Haven't O'd yet. Still checking CM, usually (opks, well not lately because they've showed the same light line for the last like 15 tests!) and have sorta started temping...but I'm not sure it's accurate. My cat (yes my CAT) wakes me up at random times, between 3:30am and 4:45am to eat. I try to ignore her as DH gets up at 4:45am for work and feeds her then. I go back to sleep when he leaves and have been temping at 7:15am, so my temps could be messed up. Temps seem really high compared to the other cycle I have to compare it to. Previous cycle I was in the 96's and I'm in the 97's this cycle. But it's also a different season and temps are more warm right now too. But anyway, the last time I temped it seemed to scare my body and I O'd right away :lol: and it was on CD44 and I got pregnant then. SO I would love for this cycle to turn out the same way. Come on body!!!!

LC - The part about what your DH said about people realizing how people know they're ready for #2 made me tear up! So sweet.

I'm excited that several of you are going to start trying in the fall! Thanks everyone for checking on me. Hopefully my body gets itself together SOON!

As for other things...we found out that it really was SIDS. So we have an answer, but not really. I don't know if any of you have heard of the non-profit organization called Molly Bears. They make weighted bears for loss families. Well, we received ours on Monday. I asked for him to be 15lbs as I wasn't sure of an exact weight. He feels SO heavy. I'm not sure what they use to stuff them, either rice or sand I guess, but it's in the belly, head, and legs in order to get the correct weight. I asked for monkeys, Baltimore Orioles (baseball), and University of Michigan (college football). Monkeys because we called him our little monkey and the Orioles and Michigan represents the time that we spent together watching the games on tv. Here is a pic of him.

12821_10150300313244949_1129954347_n.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Oh Missy, I still think about you and your precious little angel a lot, and that little bear breaks my heart a little bit. I hope getting a SIDS determination brings some closure to you, even if it doesn't give you much more information, not that getting more information would change anything or take away your pain. I'm sorry you're having a frustrating cycle. I'm guessing it is just taking a little time for your cycle to regulate. It will happen soon.

LC, how sweet about your DH. That will be fun if we all end up TTCing at the same time again.

NEL, I know what you mean. I would of course be thrilled if we get an unexpected BFP, but a BFP this fall or winter would be better, so the babies would be about 2 years apart. I don't take any of this for granted, so I will just be thrilled period if we are able to get pregnant again whether it is next month or 2 years from now.

S&I, one year old already? Wow, time really flies! I bet A is getting even cuter and more fun these days!

aviastar, yes, I think you're exactly right that you just need to live your life for now and not worry about what may be. You just can't plan for how long it will take to get pregnant, and there is no way of knowing whether you will have morning sickness or how serious it will be. But you will be able to adapt to whatever happens. Once the baby comes, that's when everything really gets crazy (and wonderful) :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Missy, I admit to crying when I saw the bear. I feel bad even talking about crying knowing everything you've been through, but the bear is both a sweet little memorial and heartbreaking at the same time. And I hope that having the SIDS determination can ease your mind a little...to bring closure. Still wishing you lots of luck this cycle--it may be a long one, but so long as you're covering your bases, then you're just as likely to get a BFP this cycle than any other!

MP, I understand the 2-year spacing. That was where we came up with our timeline, but really it's all somewhat arbitrary how to space them. Some of my parenting books have chapters dedicated to siblings and spacing and I read (and hear) over and over again that it's just a matter of when you're ready as parents. I'm really interested to experience pregnancy again having gone through it before. I'm not over-romanticizing it in my head as I definitely remember the sickness, the heartburn, the leg cramps, etc., but I am so looking forward to the movements, finding out the gender and looking forward to meeting him/her. And instead of being overwhelmed with the "stuff" and how we'll fit a baby in our lives, I'll just be overwhelmed with the thought of having a toddler and a newborn :)

LC, I also find K's newly-found independence a little tough! It's great seeing her so interested in everything around her, but I miss the cuddly days. And the fall sounds good to me. I think I hung out in this thread and tested the waters for 6 months before diving in last time (I was charting and temping), so it may take me a few months to jump in this time as well. I'm totally playing it by ear.

Yesterday K didn't nap well and was super cranky when I got home. She didn't want to go in her high chair for dinner. She wanted the milk. She didn't want the milk. After 2 bites she started giving me the "all done" sign so she could get down. I was like "no way I'm getting pregnant next month". Then this morning she was so sweet and when I dropped her off at daycare she ran excitedly to go play with her friend and they were adorable playing together. So of course I thought "K needs a sibling immediately!" And it is completely typical of me to have these swings every day.

Aviastar, I agree with MP that you just have to live your life and when pregnancy comes into the picture, then you just do what you need to do. You'll be amazed at how you can push through the nausea when you really need to. And unless you're really, really sick, you'll find things that will keep you feeling quasi-normal for a short period of time. I think it's great that you were hired for two big productions this summer! If you're pregnant, well then the work will just be a welcome distraction from analyzing every tiny thing :)

S&I, I can't believe A is one! For some reason that milestone was a harsh reminder of how fast time really is flying by. I hope she has a super wonderful b-day!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Missy, I love your Monkey Bear. Your angel is helping you through all of this. Keep faith that your body's going to do kick into gear, I know it will. I totally know what you're feeling with the insane long cycles. I'm one of the long cycle ladies and you get SO IMPATIENT. Like C'MON already, I want to make a baby, damnit!

Avia, so excited about your 2 productions. TBH, staying active during your pregnancy is the best thing you can do to prepare for delivery. I was working out until 31 wks, lifting weights and low impact cardio like incline walking on the treadmill. So I wouldn't sweat being up and going even if you're pregnant. And like NEL & MP said, you'll find ways through everything including the nausea.

MP & NEL, I'll follow you ladies along here since it seems you guys are more on the TTC front. Hoping to be following shortly behind you.

NEL, the pendulum swing between, No effin' way to OMG need to do this RIGHT NOW is hilarious and totally understandable. Ethan has some BFFs at daycare and I know he'll be an awesome big brother. I day dream of buying those "Big Brother" shirts

I'll start carrying on my thoughts in the WbW thread since I clearly have no business in here until I'm actually off birth control, but wishing the best of luck to all you ladies. :) Hopefully I'll some of the other Spring 2012 Mamas will keep me company in WbW.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, MP, NEL, and LC! I'm excited about the shows, too. I majored in theater and then my life took me in other directions, but I love the chances I get to exercise my chops a little and they don't come around super often, so I just said what the heck, I'll take 'em both and love it!

Missy, I just love your bear and I am in much awe of your gracious, loving, attitude. I am excited to be on this journey with you!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies! How is everyone? Missy, your bear is precious and I hope it helps you hold on to the best times you had with your angel. Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the TTC front. Aviastar, how long until you can test? I'm crossing my fingers for you, too!

AFM...I peed on a stick last night. And two pink lines came up. Clearly and indisputably. :-o I'm a little bit in shock, somehow I expected it to take longer than this so even though our timing was pretty good, I just somehow didn't believe that this would be the month. DH is over the moon and very proud of his super swimmers. Poor guy, I didn't even do anything cute to tell him, just burst out of the bathroom saying "holy crap, honey, um, I just...well...um...look!!" and shoved the pee stick at him, haha. He was like, "what is tha..OH! WOW!" Anyway, I called my midwife practice and my first appointment is at the end of May -- it's going to be a long wait but I feel surprisingly chill about things at the moment so we'll see how that changes once the hormones really start to kick in. :bigsmile:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, Octavia, congrats!! That's so exciting! Now that you have a BFP, does it all feel a little surreal? Sending you tons and tons of sticky dust!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

OH YEAH OCTAVIA! So awesome! Have you seen these midwives previously?

I'm not keeping more than loose track of things, but my last AF started March 28, so I won't be testing until early May, I think, to give AF time to actually be late. Who knows, first cycle off BC- might be long, might not ovulate...

But if things are fairly 'standard' then I'm in/around the window now and will enter my 'TWW' by next week, so we'll see!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, NEL and aviastar! It's totally surreal. I haven't had many symptoms other than some cramping and sore boobs, which could normally pass for PMS except that I wasn't spotting like I normally do. And yesterday I was standing for awhile, talking to my boss, an all the sudden this mild wave of nausea came over me. I normally have a tummy like a tank so it made me think that I really should test. I feel totally normal today, though, so it's a little crazy to think that things are happening in there.

Aviastar, I had an initial appointment with this midwife practice just to get established before we started TTC. It's a hospital-based practice (home birth is not my style) and affiliated with the large research/teaching hospital here, so even though they have a fairly small patient load, they have access to all those great resources. When I called to schedule my first prenatal visit, the receptionist said it would take about 1 1/2 hours -- that was a lot more than I anticipated! So fingers crossed it will be a great relationship. For some reason I thought you were already in the TWW -- sorry about that! Good luck for the rest of your cycle!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Octavia, congratulations! How exciting to have it happen so quickly. Best wishes to you and your little bean!

Continued luck to Missy and Aviastar!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Octavia! Hooray!!!! You need to post pics of your BFP! So fantastic your DH is over the moon.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Octavia|1365790525|3425631 said:
Aviastar, I had an initial appointment with this midwife practice just to get established before we started TTC. It's a hospital-based practice (home birth is not my style) and affiliated with the large research/teaching hospital here, so even though they have a fairly small patient load, they have access to all those great resources. When I called to schedule my first prenatal visit, the receptionist said it would take about 1 1/2 hours -- that was a lot more than I anticipated! So fingers crossed it will be a great relationship. For some reason I thought you were already in the TWW -- sorry about that! Good luck for the rest of your cycle!

I could just ditto this! I did the exact same thing, r.e. doing a well woman visit to get established with the practice. And the practice is all certified Nurse-Midwives, only deliver at the hospital, offer all the ultrasounds and testing, etc. I really liked it over there for my visit and I have two friends with the practice who are actually pregnant and they have nothing but excellent things to say, so I feel good about being a patient there.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

aviastar - Thank you, that was so sweet of you to say something like that!

Octavia - Congrats! Now rub some of that baby luck my way!!! :bigsmile:

CD48. I almost have no patience left for this cycle. Please body DO something soon! :mad:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, argh, I've never had to deal with long cycles, so I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. This is your second cycle off BC, right? Did you start off with long cycles last time you went off BC? If it continues, it might be worth putting a call in with your doctor to see if there is anything you can do to jumpstart your cycles.

I'm not actively TTC, so I'm really trying not to pay too much attention to my cycles right now, but my body seems to have gone right back to how it was last time I was TTC. Shortish cycles with 4-5 days of light spotting before AF. So, I guess I can at least call my body consistent . . . consistently disappointing.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

I had 32, 34 and then the cycle I got pregnant. This is my 2nd cycle off BC, but I was only on it for a few months prior to stopping it. So far this time I had 36 and now up to 48 days this cycle. Maybe I can talk to my doctor. I don't know if they'll do anything until I get to 90 days though.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

90 days, Missy? 3 months seems like a long time to wait for a period! I would think because you are TTC they might help a girl out a little faster than that...

I've started having really weird baby dreams; last night I dreamt that I was testing, but instead of two pink lines on the stick they slowly showed up on both my feet. Yes, my feet had giant pink equal signs on them for the rest of the dream. At least it was a positive! :lol:

First cycle out and I am already losing my marbles... :twirl:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

aviastar - Yes, everything I've read says to wait until 90 days before talking to a doctor. I just can't imagine...I'm a little over halfway there and I may be insane by that point. That brings me to the end of MAY. Ugh, I need to call! As you can see, I have lost my marbles too. Don't feel bad!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Aviastar, too funny about your dream. Let's hope the positive shows up in the right place when the time comes to test!

Missy, I think you should call. Worst case scenario, they say to call back in a month, but at least they'll have forewarning about it and maybe there's something they can do for you now. You don't know if you don't ask...

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Okay I called my gyn doctor. I have an appointment April 30th at 9 a.m. hopefully I'm ready to see them again I haven't seen any of them since my 6 week appointment after having Blake :((

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, it would be great if the appointment turns out to be unnecessary, but it can't hurt to have one scheduled. If nothing else, maybe they can do some bloodwork to make sure your hormones are normal and you're not dealing with PCOS or anything. It will be a lot easier to get pregnant if you are able to have regular cycles. You really do get to know your doctor and the nurses well after going through a pregnancy, so I can only imagine how hard it would be to go back to the doctor's office after losing Blake :blackeye: I'm so sorry you have to go through that, and I hope it isn't too hard on you. I can't wait until the day you announce you're pregnant again Missy.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

The nurse mentioned taking something to jump start AF. She did say that normally they wait til 90 days but since my last cycle was 36 days she considered that "long" too. I really think birth control just messes me up. And maybe stress too. I'm really trying to keep my cool with work overwhelming me. This time last year I was about to go on bedrest.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

If you decide to take something to jumpstart AF, will you wait until after your appt. next week? I know seeing your doc and the NPs might be a little tough, but I know they will be a source of support for you and will do everything they can to make sure you're pregnant as soon as possible. Any signs of O at all over the past few days?

I'm on CD 7, which means I'll likely be Oing the first couple of days of May. May has always been our official "start" month, but I told D I was on the fence about trying this cycle and he agrees, so we'll probably hold off. I've been using OPKs to target my O day so we're careful with protection until after I've Oed. This month I'm not going to bother with the OPK, but my cycles are so regular these days that I don't think it will really matter. Our approach is so much different this time and I'm looking forward to being more relaxed. Still, it looks like I'll be hanging out outside the TTC pool for a bit.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

NEL - I won't take anything to jumpstart AF til after the appt. I think she mentioned Provera. I'm being seen for irregular cycles. I already know my thyroid is ok, I was tested for that back in January/February. I haven't had any weight gain, I'm actually at my pre-pregnancy weight, but do have most of my "chunkiness" in my stomach area, 5'2 150 pounds. I wonder if that could be a problem? I hope not. I've never been good at the weight loss thing! Anyway, no signs of O at all. Just creamy CM. I was really bloated Saturday/Saturday night which was my first sign of pregnancy last time around. I wish that was the case, but nope! CD55 today.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, I'm here to join you on the bloat train!

Seriously, either I am in for a righteous visit from AF this week (first one post-BC) or something else is going on. I promised myself I wouldn't test till I was actually late, which isn't until Thursday. But something is going on; lots of tweaks and twinges in the abdomen area, indigestion (this one is unusual and new for me), and first meal of the day and I can't keep my jeans buttoned for the rest of the day. Could go either way at this point. I am worried I am making some of these things up in my hopefulness.

My sister called this weekend- you guessed it- she's pregnant! So that's both younger sisters before me, and if I am not pregnant this month then I will be the first woman in my family in three generations to not get pregnant the first try out. No pressure!

I had a little heart to heart with God yesterday at church; I don't know if this is my cycle or not, but I was very distinctly reassured that I will not be left behind, so I wait and trust Him. His timing is perfect, even if my patience is not!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Argh, hang in there Missy. It sounds like you might be having an annovulatory cycle for whatever reason. Hopefully, you can kickstart it back into gear or find out if you have any minor ovulation problems you're dealing with. I continue to keep you in my thoughts. Hopefully all it will take to get you pregnant is to make sure you are ovulating. I'm glad you have an appointment coming up soon.

NEL, hope you both find some clarity as to when you want to start trying again. Might be easier mentally to just stop preventing rather than actually trying??? That's what we're doing. I'm pretty sure I ovulated this weekend. I was actually trying not to pay attention to where I was in my cycle, but I couldn't help but notice a definite increase in fertile-quality CM, and the timing makes sense based on my last AF. I made a point of not mentioning it to DH, and I just decided we would BD if he initiated, and he did a couple times, so I guess it's technically possible we conceived this month, although unlikely given our history. I must say, I'm definitely enjoying this NTNP much more than the hardcore TTC. Unfortunately for us, it will probably take targeted TTC to get pregnant, but for now, I like where we're at. So much easier to have this attitude once you already have a child though.

Aviastar, lots of dust headed your way. That's awesome that the women in your family have such an easy time conceiving. Really hoping you can add yourself to that list very soon. Keep us posted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results